Author Topic: Pics of steroid abscess taken from New England Journal of Medicine  (Read 3648 times)

gatrainer

• Getbig III

A 25-year-old bodybuilder was hospitalized with a painful left upper arm five days after injecting 1.5 ml of a steroid preparation into the medial aspect of his left biceps brachii muscle. He reported using a sterile needle obtained from a pharmacy, but the source of the steroid vial was unknown. At the injection site, there was a tender, erythematous, palpably fluctuant mass, 10 by 6 cm (Panels A and B). The level of creatine kinase was 18,100 U per liter, and the white-cell count was 20.6x103 per cubic millimeter. Computed tomography revealed a large abscess containing gas in the medial left upper arm (Panels C and D). The abscess was incised and drained, after which extensive débridement was performed. Microscopy of a skeletal-muscle sample showed acute necrotizing myositis, and culture of a swab from the deep wound revealed methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Vancomycin was given intravenously, followed by oral trimethoprim–sulfamethoxazole. The wound healed well over the next several days. The patient was discharged home 15 days after the abscess had been drained.

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
Re: Pics of steroid abscess taken from New England Journal of Medicine
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 05:50:43 PM »
That just shows you he had NO idea what the hell he was doing.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 06:38:45 PM »
That just shows you he had NO idea what the hell he was doing.

More like he had no idea where his gear came from, or better yet what was in it.

iron270cal

• Getbig II
  • The SHOCKER
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 09:43:32 PM »
that looks almost as bad  as bad as that shit Gregg Valtino had  thats a funky place to shoot up anyway

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 12:35:26 AM »
15 days---He must have had great insurance...If the guy went in with no insurance, you would have been out in a couple hours...Hosptal f cked him over for sure...Guy looks like he never touched a weight in his life to boot...And the fact that the inject site looks like he went into his bicep side ways and probably missed the bicep almost completely....

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 04:38:15 AM »
o my God ..
w

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 06:55:13 AM »
makes you think twice about your Fina home brew!

whitewidow

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 05:36:24 PM »
nasty shit- 1.5ml is alot to be putting your biceps especially when they are 14in- l0l
he was probably shooting some dirty stuff along with bad injection practices- however I think the biceps are probably one of the easiest shots to do- this a good example why its a good idea to have insurance before starting any cycle- that looks like a serious infected abcess. I wonder what brand gear and substance  he was shooting.

coolioni

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 11:15:27 AM »
I shoot my bi's , tri's and shoulders all the time.
I have never had any problems!
But I always use clean gear and clean needles!