Author Topic: OH SNAP.... government's warrantless surveillance program... bbbyyy bbbyyyyyy...  (Read 5690 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
DETROIT - A federal judge ruled Thursday that the government's warrantless surveillance program is unconstitutional and ordered an immediate halt to it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060817/ap_on_go_pr_wh/warrantless_surveillance

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
It's stupid. IMO who cares if the Government wants to "listen in" on certain private conversations. The Government is not randomly listening, but have specific targets.

There are over 2 billion people in the US. If each person made 5 calls a day each lasting a half hour average, how many hours would the Government have to log? Please. This is just another "rights are being violated" scenario.

Terrorists and Extremists believe in nothing but their goal. They cannot be reasoned with or accommodated.
If the US Government feels that these people are a threat to the US, your family, my family, my friends......then why even be concerned if they are eavesdropping?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
It's stupid. IMO who cares if the Government wants to "listen in" on certain private conversations. The Government is not randomly listening, but have specific targets.

There are over 2 billion people in the US. If each person made 5 calls a day each lasting a half hour average, how many hours would the Government have to log? Please. This is just another "rights are being violated" scenario.

Terrorists and Extremists believe in nothing but their goal. They cannot be reasoned with or accommodated.
If the US Government feels that these people are a threat to the US, your family, my family, my friends......then why even be concerned if they are eavesdropping?

You're making the assumption that no one in power will EVER use the info obtained for shady purposes.  If you decide to sue someone for something or run for office, and suddenly a tape emerges of you cheating on your wife 5 years ago, will you feel the same way?

Problem is, you cannot ever give any group ABSOLUTE power because they will become corrupted.  history has shown that every time a group has complete power, they abuse it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
You're making the assumption that no one in power will EVER use the info obtained for shady purposes.  If you decide to sue someone for something or run for office, and suddenly a tape emerges of you cheating on your wife 5 years ago, will you feel the same way?

Problem is, you cannot ever give any group ABSOLUTE power because they will become corrupted.  history has shown that every time a group has complete power, they abuse it.

You are right.  I want a dam judge to ok it first.  Checks and balances.....  don't forefit our rights in the name of FEAR.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
You are right.  I want a dam judge to ok it first.  Checks and balances.....  don't forefit our rights in the name of FEAR.
Wow, I'm shocked.... Nicely said. ;D

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear

There are over 2 billion people in the US.

really?

oh and taping calls is bad karma

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
There are over 2 billion people in the US.

Do your research, man.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
LOL, I didn't see that... 2 Billion people,.... ::) What did oldschool do?  Fact check his stats with McDonald's Over 2 Billion Served sign. :P

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
he just made a mistake,  he knows how many peeps in the US