Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
September 02, 2014, 11:23:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OH SNAP.... government's warrantless surveillance program... bbbyyy bbbyyyyyy...  (Read 2003 times)
Hugo Chavez
Getbig V

« on: August 17, 2006, 02:45:11 PM »

DETROIT - A federal judge ruled Thursday that the government's warrantless surveillance program is unconstitutional and ordered an immediate halt to it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060817/ap_on_go_pr_wh/warrantless_surveillance
Report to moderator   Logged
Oldschool Flip
Getbig IV

Eat Balut! High in Protein!

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 03:00:20 PM »

It's stupid. IMO who cares if the Government wants to "listen in" on certain private conversations. The Government is not randomly listening, but have specific targets.

There are over 2 billion people in the US. If each person made 5 calls a day each lasting a half hour average, how many hours would the Government have to log? Please. This is just another "rights are being violated" scenario.

Terrorists and Extremists believe in nothing but their goal. They cannot be reasoned with or accommodated.
If the US Government feels that these people are a threat to the US, your family, my family, my friends......then why even be concerned if they are eavesdropping?
240 is Back
Getbig V

Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 04:40:46 PM »

It's stupid. IMO who cares if the Government wants to "listen in" on certain private conversations. The Government is not randomly listening, but have specific targets.

There are over 2 billion people in the US. If each person made 5 calls a day each lasting a half hour average, how many hours would the Government have to log? Please. This is just another "rights are being violated" scenario.

Terrorists and Extremists believe in nothing but their goal. They cannot be reasoned with or accommodated.
If the US Government feels that these people are a threat to the US, your family, my family, my friends......then why even be concerned if they are eavesdropping?

You're making the assumption that no one in power will EVER use the info obtained for shady purposes.  If you decide to sue someone for something or run for office, and suddenly a tape emerges of you cheating on your wife 5 years ago, will you feel the same way?

Problem is, you cannot ever give any group ABSOLUTE power because they will become corrupted.  history has shown that every time a group has complete power, they abuse it.

OzmO
Getbig V

Take Money Out of Politics!

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 04:45:20 PM »

You're making the assumption that no one in power will EVER use the info obtained for shady purposes.  If you decide to sue someone for something or run for office, and suddenly a tape emerges of you cheating on your wife 5 years ago, will you feel the same way?

Problem is, you cannot ever give any group ABSOLUTE power because they will become corrupted.  history has shown that every time a group has complete power, they abuse it.

You are right.  I want a dam judge to ok it first.  Checks and balances.....  don't forefit our rights in the name of FEAR.
Hugo Chavez
Getbig V

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 05:59:47 PM »

You are right.  I want a dam judge to ok it first.  Checks and balances.....  don't forefit our rights in the name of FEAR.
Wow, I'm shocked.... Nicely said. Grin
Bigger Business
Getbig V

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 06:03:30 PM »

There are over 2 billion people in the US.

really?

oh and taping calls is bad karma
240 is Back
Getbig V

Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 06:18:22 PM »

There are over 2 billion people in the US.

Do your research, man.

Hugo Chavez
Getbig V

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 07:15:49 PM »

LOL, I didn't see that... 2 Billion people,.... Roll Eyes What did oldschool do?  Fact check his stats with McDonald's Over 2 Billion Served sign. Tongue
OzmO
Getbig V

Take Money Out of Politics!

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 07:21:34 PM »

he just made a mistake,  he knows how many peeps in the US
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!