Author Topic: bible code  (Read 5974 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
bible code
« on: August 18, 2006, 08:56:34 PM »
Some say it is pure chance, and that these codes can be found in any book that has enough volume to allow for the chance "anomalies". Others claim divine revelation.

Discuss.
follow the arrows

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: bible code
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 09:09:52 PM »
I've seen these code documentaries and it's been in the main stream media for some time.  I'm not really sure about the whole thing because it seems like such a coincidence that after all these translations over the years you could find codes based on the English language in words that were originally written in Hebrew and Greek.  It's freaky how they find ways to put together things like this.  Can you see my point?  Keep trying.  It interesting to a point when  seeing how they show predictions and how they come true.  I wonder how hard core Christian's feel about what these code people say.  Do they support it?  Has it changed anyone's belief systems?  What if they are really true and we are all missing out on the hidden way to heaven?  You really should think about things like this because they are important to the rest of our lives.

But if you look closely you'll see how i really feel.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 09:18:23 PM »
"b i b l e c o d e s a r e f * * K i n g d u m b"

you silly!
R

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 09:25:44 PM »
;D you clever bastard  ;)
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 09:33:32 PM »
I bring up the topic because I was just watching something about it on the histroy channel. Personally, I can't believe people waste so much time on something so useless, lol. Especially after hearing from the bible "decoders" themselves that is is pretty much impossible to predcit things in the future based on the "codes". This means that it is useless unless you have words within context to search for...and this makes for a better probabibilty to fidn what you're looking for.
follow the arrows

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 12:08:17 AM »
Silly stuff.  I read The Bible Code (I think that's the title).  Bunch of malarkey. 

Tyrone Power

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 02:25:21 PM »
I've seen these code documentaries and it's been in the main stream media for some time.  I'm not really sure about the whole thing because it seems like such a coincidence that after all these translations over the years you could find codes based on the English language in words that were originally written in Hebrew and Greek.  It's freaky how they find ways to put together things like this.  Can you see my point?  Keep trying.  It interesting to a point when  seeing how they show predictions and how they come true.  I wonder how hard core Christian's feel about what these code people say.  Do they support it?  Has it changed anyone's belief systems?  What if they are really true and we are all missing out on the hidden way to heaven?  You really should think about things like this because they are important to the rest of our lives.

Hmm, You don't say?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 02:29:01 PM »
الاسلام هو شيطانية

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 05:02:51 PM »
Nice one Johnny.  Is this the part where you talk about how you layed destruction on everyone on the forum with your intelligence and debating skills?  Then you faked your death?

I think you are the one in search of a life.

Tyronny  lol.

Fact is you got laughed off this forum.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 09:24:13 AM »
b i b l e c o d e s a r e f u C K i n g d u m b

you silly!!!!!

Oh I don't know about how dumb they are Ozmo. Some have made excellent arguments for bible codes.

Consider viewing:

The Truth About The Jesus Myth pt1  <--click me

The Truth About The Jesus Myth pt2  <--click me

The Truth About The Jesus Myth pt3  <--click me

The Truth About The Jesus Myth pt4  <--click me

The Truth About The Jesus Myth pt5  <--click me

The Truth About The Jesus Myth pt6  <--click me

w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 07:35:05 PM »

hahah great

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 10:13:07 PM »
Oh I don't know about how dumb they are Ozmo. Some have made excellent arguments for bible codes.

Consider viewing:

The Truth About The Jesus Myth pt1  <--click me

The Truth About The Jesus Myth pt2  <--click me

The Truth About The Jesus Myth pt3  <--click me

The Truth About The Jesus Myth pt4  <--click me

The Truth About The Jesus Myth pt5  <--click me

The Truth About The Jesus Myth pt6  <--click me

There would be an argument in Bible Codes, had not the Bible just been a collection of different Christian books, written by regular blokes, collected into one, and decided on by a huge Catholic meeting on which would be "In" and which would be "Out".

It's only a Holy Scripture as far as the Ten Commandments goes.

The rest, is at best, fairly accurate descriptions of events that has meaning for Christianity.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 03:21:05 AM »
Hedgehog, did you view the 6 part Jordan Maxwell clips?
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 03:57:10 AM »
Hedgehog, did you view the 6 part Jordan Maxwell clips?

I'm watching the first now.

And one thing that seems errenous is the birth of Buddha.

Buddha was a regular guy, Siddharta Gautama, who transformed into Buddha.

I haven't had the time to check on this, just from what I know about Buddhism in general.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 07:40:47 AM »

Interesting...doesn't really say much about 2012 though..not sure why it is titled that way.

R

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 11:36:21 PM »
Some say it is pure chance, and that these codes can be found in any book that has enough volume to allow for the chance "anomalies". Others claim divine revelation.

Discuss.
I read the Bible code and it's very dumb indeed. Right off the bat the book starts talking about some political leader that got assassinated recently then points to a sequence of letters scattered evenly throughout a few books in the Bible that says,... so and so will be assassinated on this date blah blah blah,..what I can't stand is the claim that someone predicted an event but only spoke on it after it happened, then it shows sequences to world wars, the Holocaust and the titanic and 100's more, what a fraud. The Bible is just shy of a million words, anything you want can be found with a book that big.