Author Topic: Test Maintenance Routine  (Read 1029 times)

muscleup

• Getbig II
  • Be Big
Test Maintenance Routine
« on: August 20, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »
Hey Guys-
I seeking a little information here.  I have just run a 12 week cycle (I have been keeping a 3 mos on 3 off for a couple of years now) and spoke to my guru about some PCT.  Rather than PCT, the guy is recommending that I run a "maintenance" program going forward.  He figures, since I'm 44, there no need to get "low level" natural test flowing.  Rather, he's recommending that I do a little test every other week during my off periods, and ramp up when I'm cycling. 

This is all sort of surprising, so any advice you guys might have would be welcome.  While it's appealing to keep myself juiced, I do think it would be healthier to clean out for awhile. 

All input on this topic is welcome.
-W

muscleup

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Test Maintenance Routine
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 08:21:28 PM »
At your age, staying on test permanently is not the same as someone who is 25 or 30, I'm not saying this is something you should do, but you could look into it...after all, a lot of guys do well on permanent HRT. Running a very low dose in between cycles may be your ticket at this stage. One thing you could do is get your test levels checked to see how they are doing, this should help with your decision.

muscleup

• Getbig II
  • Be Big
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 08:48:30 AM »
Thanks for the input.  My guys says the only downside is a potential loss of fertility.  Getting my levels checked is probably a good idea, but I suspect my test levels are high now, having just ended a cycle. 

All that said, am I wrong to think it's just a sound practice to clean-out for 3-6 months - to give the body a rest.   

Thoughts?   
muscleup

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 01:59:55 PM »
Thanks for the input.  My guys says the only downside is a potential loss of fertility.  Getting my levels checked is probably a good idea, but I suspect my test levels are high now, having just ended a cycle. 

All that said, am I wrong to think it's just a sound practice to clean-out for 3-6 months - to give the body a rest.   

Thoughts?   

cleaning out is always a sound idea...but at your age, i would assume that the crash scenario would be even harder. I would guess that you need to get blood work done right before you go on another cycle....giving your body an honest 3 months of being clean. your doc might recommend HRT anyway. either shots...or gel.

at any rate, clean or not clean...if you shut down completely...its not good. all that estrogen running around is gonna make you a fat 44year old guy who cries alot.

your guru has his points...100-125 mg of long acting test every 10 days would help with the problem (if you have one)

muscleup

• Getbig II
  • Be Big
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 03:20:01 PM »
The idea of becoming a crying, fat 44 year-old is deeply disturbing.  Trust me, I will do whatever I can to avoid the "crash". 

Thanks for the warning (and the threat)!
muscleup