Author Topic: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff  (Read 40782 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff
« Reply #275 on: August 22, 2006, 08:34:14 PM »
You brought this on yourself, lee...

Why do you believe you were owed a free ticket?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #276 on: August 22, 2006, 08:34:57 PM »
But why would Robyn wait to now to be concerned about the events of last year , it was negotiated and put to rest last year on the events of 2005 in regards to lee , why buy Lees ticket this year and then cancel it (against the agreed contract)now ?? And why get Jim Manion to tell lee about it , why didnt Robyn talk to lee hymself ??

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #277 on: August 22, 2006, 08:36:15 PM »

Oh are you talking to me. BLAH BLAH BLAH BOB.
BOB YOU WORK FOR AMI WE UNDERSTAND SO SPARE US THE BLAH BLAH BLAH.BORING

END OF STORY, OUT ,DISMISS, OVER UNDER ,RODGER RODGER.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #278 on: August 22, 2006, 08:38:54 PM »
Mark just bang your head on the wall like me it really feels good                           

Nah not yet , I am enjoying seeing your REP help you out as much as he can over this delemia , he realy has your best wishes at heart , its very heart warming to see , no wonder all the guys go out of there way to talk with Chic over there concerns !!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #279 on: August 22, 2006, 08:39:30 PM »
Oh are you talking to me. BLAH BLAH BLAH BOB.
BOB YOU WORK FOR AMI WE UNDERSTAND SO SPARE US THE BLAH BLAH BLAH.BORING

END OF STORY, OUT ,DISMISS, OVER UNDER ,RODGER RODGER.

You love the attention dont you

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #280 on: August 22, 2006, 08:40:06 PM »
Ok my last post on this.A message was left by Mr Changs secratary saying he was on plane gong to New York and would call.End of day no call(wow suprise).End of story.
Mark just bang your head on the wll like me it really feels good :)
Are you sure he wasn't on his way to Bobs house to give him his new and improved puppet strings :D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #281 on: August 22, 2006, 08:40:16 PM »
It sounds like Robin has what Manion and Weider got. Weideritis.  It's where you can't do your own dirty work.  You have to hide and have someone else do it.  It is pretty common among IFBB officials.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #282 on: August 22, 2006, 08:40:53 PM »
You love the attention dont you

Exactly. this sums up what this whole thing is all about.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #283 on: August 22, 2006, 08:41:16 PM »
Well - this year, it will be a press conference, if the press actually decide to ask a question. I was guilty of not asking a question either last year.  So this year, after the Montreal show, I will put up a section, for anyone who wants us press guys to ask various questions that are interesting. Should be good and entertaining.

There have been many threads of the NOC and PDI on this board. Free speech. But the Olympia, a 4-day weekend event with 4 major shows gets into own board. Absolutely.

So did the Colorado Pro Ron.  But we understand.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: August 22, 2006, 08:45:07 PM »

Nice response, Lee...try answering the question.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #285 on: August 22, 2006, 08:47:27 PM »
OH BOB I HAVE OVER AND OVER.WHAT IS WRONG WITH OU STERIODS AND OLD AGE MAKE YOU DEAF? :)
I KNOW DOING WHAT YOUR DOING WILL MAKE YOU BLIND  :P

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #286 on: August 22, 2006, 08:47:58 PM »

Ummm since you are on about having questions answered, can you answer all my questions , please  :-*

Gotta admit this is fun !!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #287 on: August 22, 2006, 08:48:05 PM »
I just have to step up for Robin.

He is a straight up guy. For as long as I've known him (many years), he has been a man of integrity. He has always been fair in his business dealings. In fact, he is very generous. He's just a plain nice guy!

When I hear people talk smack about Robin Chang, I can assume they don't know him.

In my opinion, most of the beef people have with Robin, is really a beef with AMI or the IFBB and they just take it out on him.

I find this hard to believe simply because he is associated with the IFBB who is notorious for having NO integrity and always shady business dealings.  How can someone so clean with so much integrity sit back and allow the IFBB to do the things they do to the members.  I do not know who this Robin is and in fact thought it was a girl up until someone finally said something.

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #288 on: August 22, 2006, 08:50:05 PM »
Hey, Bob, whenever there's a something going on regarding Priest you always sound a 'bit' harsh on the guy's ass, why is that so? I've been noticing this for a while, and it only stands to reason figuring out that you might have something against the little guy on a personal level, am I right?

Now, if that rings true, would that be because Lee is an accomplished bodybuilder, with years and years of exposure and a great fan base within the bb community, and you NOT? Would that be because Lee is 1000 times (and some more) the bodybuilder you would ever dream to be, and never will? Would that because Lee fucked one of your past girlfriends and you didn't get over it like a man, or had the balls to set him straight because of it at teh time? Tell us Bob, what the f u c k  is your problem with Priest? I have never seen you speak one good thing about the guy, not even a compliment for the physique he posses, or his history in the IFBB. It's always good to remember you that while you were banging constantly at the pros' door in the IFBB, Lee was already competing with the top dogs, and stomping on the O stage with the likes of Levrone and the Shadow - AT THE ELDER AGE OF 22!!!!!! :o Sounds good , doesn't it? You 're now what? 40? 50? Do you think you still have something left on you to hit the stage, besides stiring commotion and gossiping around here all day? I'm surprised that you didn't (yet) have the same end that the piece of shit of your friend called Tom Prince had, since you were/are like milk and coffee......well, good for you, i guess.

Now do all of us a favor, and at least ONCE, do something for a coleague and help out a fellow pro to set this trouble straight. Notice I didn't even ONCE said Priest was right, here. All I'm asking you is to be HELPFUL, as in fulfilling YOUR role as the athlete's representative, and help one of them easy up the trouble that he got himself into. That's all. Do something out of altruism, and for once, at least once, don't kiss IFBB/AMI butt, ok?!

Thanx!!  
Train forever !

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: August 22, 2006, 08:50:18 PM »

Ummm since you are on about having questions answered, can you answer all my questions , please  :-*

Gotta admit this is fun !!

sure, Marc...fire away.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #290 on: August 22, 2006, 08:55:02 PM »
Once again, what is so hard to understand here. Lee admitted he used the ticket that was supposed to be for the Olympia for personal use. Some $420 worth of credit. So either he reimburses AMI for last years ticket, and they pay this years tickets, or vice versa. This is Business 101 guys!

Actually the IFBB should betaking Business 101.  That contract they have is the weakest thing ever.  No way ever did a lawyer draw that up.  No way.  That is so weak it's funny.  There is no way ever that contract would hold up in court over any arguement.  And does the contract stipulate the flight is only to be used to fly to Vegas for the Olympia.  Are the dates specified.  If not I would consider it open-end.  Especially since Lee paidfor his own flight to vegas and didn't even use the ticket.  Anyway I would take the IFBB to court.  Number one they would never go to court and would settle out of court with Lee.  No way will you see an organziation whose sole existance is due to illegal drugs, show up in court.  No way.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #291 on: August 22, 2006, 08:57:35 PM »

Questions from past posts like these you mean ??

But why would Robyn wait to now to be concerned about the events of last year , it was negotiated and put to rest last year on the events of 2005 in regards to lee , why buy Lees ticket this year and then cancel it (against the agreed contract)now ?? And why get Jim Manion to tell lee about it , why didnt Robyn talk to lee hymself ??

Is the Olympia a IFBB sanctioned show ??
Is Lee a IFBB PRO??
Did you hold a IFBB Pro meeting at this IFBB show last year ??
Are you the IFBB Pro Athlete Rep??

Heres some more questions
Who Appointed you IFBB PRO REP?
Who do you work for at the Olympia weekend?

what I want to know is why cant a athlete individually negotiate a contract with a promoter, lets say Ronnie and Jay decided they wanted more or something changed in the contract before they committed to showing , would they have the ability to negotiate this or is it just a closed shop ,end of story deal !!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: August 22, 2006, 08:57:52 PM »
Hey, Bob, whenever there's a something going on regarding Priest you always sound a 'bit' harsh on the guy's ass, why is that so? I've been noticing this for a while, and it only stands to reason figuring out that you might have something against the little guy on a personal level, am I right?

Now, if that rings true, would that be because Lee is an accomplished bodybuilder, with years and years of exposure and a great fan base within the bb community, and you NOT? Would that be because Lee is 1000 times (and some more) the bodybuilder you would ever dream to be, and never will? Would that because Lee fucked one of your past girlfriends and you didn't get over it like a man, or had the balls to set him straight because of it at teh time? Tell us Bob, what the f u c k  is your problem with Priest? I have never seen you speak one good thing about the guy, not even a compliment for the physique he posses, or his history in the IFBB. It's always good to remember you that while you were banging constantly at the pros' door in the IFBB, Lee was already competing with the top dogs, and stomping on the O stage with the likes of Levrone and the Shadow - AT THE ELDER AGE OF 22!!!!!! :o Sounds good , doesn't it? You 're now what? 40? 50? Do you think you still have something left on you to hit the stage, besides stiring commotion and gossiping around here all day? I'm surprised that you didn't (yet) have the same end that the piece of shit of your friend called Tom Prince had, since you were/are like milk and coffee......well, good for you, i guess.

Now do all of us a favor, and at least ONCE, do something for a coleague and help out a fellow pro to set this trouble straight. Notice I didn't even ONCE said Priest was right, here. All I'm asking you is to be HELPFUL, as in fulfilling YOUR role as the athlete's representative, and help one of them easy up the trouble that he got himself into. That's all. Do something out of altruism, and for once, at least once, don't kiss IFBB/AMI butt, ok?!

Thanx!! 

I've got nothing against Lee, never have...were not on the same level as bodybuilders, so why would I resent him? All the power to him...he's a rebel, and so he must take the heat as he gives it. Weve always been friends, and fight for many of the same beliefs.

You don't see me being this harsh with anyone else for the simple reason that Lee seems to be the one with the problem all the time.

As for "helping out a fellow pro"...he never asked for help. He never called me to explain the situation. If this was a matter that needed my asistance, I'd be the first to speak up...it's not.

I've asked for Robin to pay for his ticket for this year...

I've asked Lee to pay for the one he used....

Now everyones even....

french mistake

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #293 on: August 22, 2006, 08:58:28 PM »
The awfull truth.

Lee obviously incapable of understanding the basics of paying someone back and other items.

1.  He is a Pro bodybuilder and uses tickets that were in his name for personal use, after blowing off his fans.
2.  Being a Pro bodybuilder, he is not used to being called on shit, and cannot comprehend this situation, as he does whatever the fuck he wants, no matter what, like some other pros.
3. Sounds like he thinks a letter that says he's sorry for blowing off the Olympia last year, has a bonus prize of free tickets.
4. No matter what Chang does, and how reasonable he is, by just asking him to pay his own way this time, he's fucked, as the Lee fans will always defend Lee no matter how many non-refundable airline trips he uses.
5. Lee knows that he can always go to the line and get a pass on anything, because, well, he's Lee.
6. Lee knows that if money does not come out of one sponsors pocket, there will be another who's pocket he can get into.
7. Chick is not Lee's babysiter. Nor is he the inner voice of telling him to just let Chang know he used the tickets, and then the surprise for Chang that they were used would not of occurred.
8. Warhol said that everyone gets 15 minutes of fame.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: August 22, 2006, 09:04:54 PM »

questions like these from past posts you mean ??

Is Lee a IFBB PRO??

Heres some more questions
Who Appointed you IFBB PRO REP?

what I want to know is why cant a athlete individually negotiate a contract with a promoter, lets say Ronnie and Jay decided they wanted more or something changed in the contract before they committed to showing , would they have the ability to negotiate this or is it just a closed shop ,end of story deal !!

1.) first question has already been answered many times...it never came to the attention that the ticket was USED by Lee until recently, when the travel agent told Robin there was no credit on it....

2.) The ticket was bought when the contract was signed..the promoter doesn't buy tickets for the athletes until AFTER they have committed to entering the show...simple.

3.)
A. Yes
Is Lee a IFBB PRO?
A.Yes
A.Yes
A.Yes

4.)Who Appointed you IFBB PRO REP?
A.Jim Manion after the position was posted for a month with no one else showing interest in the position.

A.BB.com and AMI

A. Its a closed shop, end of story deal.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #295 on: August 22, 2006, 09:11:07 PM »
Basically Chic you had a choice when I posted this dilemma from the very start in that you could have come on the Board ( as you like to do) and said something to the effect of " shit , really I didn't know about this , I will endeavour to contact lee and Robyn and sort this shit out as it does no one any good to have this feud going on , the Olympia will benefit by having lee at there show and lee will benefit by competting at the show , I will do my up most to have this situation sorted ASAP for all concerned " or you could have chosen to bag lee, to alienate yourself from the athlete you are meant to represent and side with the promoter, to let all know you don't care what happens to lee and that no one would miss him from competting ,ever , unfortunately you chose the later , bad choice really , you should have been able to put your personal view's aside and act for the athlete concerned , but you didn't , oh well !!!

Thanks for answering my questions though , much apreciated  :D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #296 on: August 22, 2006, 09:12:21 PM »
When was the ticket in 2005 purchased.  If the date is more than a year ago then the ticket would not have been good anyway.  12 months is the limit to extend a ticket.  Unless it was a mdeical reason.

french mistake

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #297 on: August 22, 2006, 09:17:42 PM »
Maybe you should of called him on the PHONE and said that Lee had a problem, instead of posting it on an internet board, by which you probably thought that you could whip the frenzy up,(which you did), and also putting Chick on the spot.

Contrary to belief, some people do not like getting the news of a Pro's issues on a venue that he will be dammed if he does and dammed if does not.

The phone and a converstation, try it next time.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #298 on: August 22, 2006, 09:20:32 PM »

Maybe you should of called him on the PHONE and said that Lee had a problem, instead of posting it on an internet board, by which you probably thought that you could whip the frenzy up,(which you did), and also putting Chick on the spot.

And maybe by me posting this I acheived exactly what I thought I would acheive  ;)

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #299 on: August 22, 2006, 09:21:41 PM »
I just have to step up for Robin.

He is a straight up guy. For as long as I've known him (many years), he has been a man of integrity. He has always been fair in his business dealings. In fact, he is very generous. He's just a plain nice guy!

When I hear people talk smack about Robin Chang, I can assume they don't know him.

In my opinion, most of the beef people have with Robin, is really a beef with AMI or the IFBB and they just take it out on him.

This is absolutely true, anybody who had the chance to deal with Robin will tell you that he has integrity and is just a good person.  It is really sad to read all this stuff about him from people who don't know him from adam.
Max.
Check often for updates @