Author Topic: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff  (Read 40692 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff
« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2006, 03:03:31 PM »

The 2006 contract states that an airline ticket will be provided, not how. So, unless you had permission from the promoter to change your 2005 itinerary, you have used the ticket that remained credited to you for this show.

Also kev, let me add that I'm not making any judgments of right or wrong, or anything like that.  I'm working to remain neutral, as I tend to get too involved in the politics of things.

It is my understanding that 2005 and 2006 were two separate contracts.  And it really should be written into the contract, exactly what happens to that leftover ticket, any year, should that athlete not compete.  Sounds like there was a lack of complete contracts, and poor communication here, that's all.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2006, 03:05:12 PM »

It is when i asked - do i have to pay it back and was told no - just write a letter. Now 12 months later after buying my new ticket and signing the contract stating that they cancell it. MMMMMMMMMMM

What kind of guy would use a ticket that was paid for, for them to fly to a specific event, for their own use and not expect to have to reimburse them? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Sounds to me, like someone tried to get away with something, and was caught with their hand in the cookie jar. >:(

newmom

« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2006, 03:11:41 PM »
I too am neutral but did lee said he used it like onlyme posted...and 240 is right it should be stipulated more in the contract

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2006, 03:15:09 PM »
Yeah, this really isn't a huge issue.  Looking at that contract, i was shocked that it was so simple.  In a sport with so many logistical failure points, you would think they'd contingency plan everything.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2006, 03:16:32 PM »
That contract those guys sign is so full of holes anyway.  It's nickname is "swiss cheese".  I can't believe the legal eagles at Weider or the IFBB have such an amateurish contract in the first place.  I do know for a fact though the pros do not like a complicated contract.  Keep it simple, less strain on the brain.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2006, 03:37:59 PM »
Lee your not fooling anybody, you are not doing the NOC. Good luck at the O ;D

Lee, how is the Olympia prep going?

Do you think you'll place top 10?

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2006, 03:42:45 PM »
That contract those guys sign is so full of holes anyway.  It's nickname is "swiss cheese".  I can't believe the legal eagles at Weider or the IFBB have such an amateurish contract in the first place.  I do know for a fact though the pros do not like a complicated contract.  Keep it simple, less strain on the brain.

one of these days a bb that has a lawyer friend will sue them

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2006, 03:55:03 PM »
one of these days a bb that has a lawyer friend will sue them

Bbers are too busy suing fans and message board jackasses.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2006, 04:12:54 PM »
Bbers are too busy suing fans and message board jackasses.
*golf clap* Well played, Sir.  ;D

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2006, 04:13:26 PM »
Thanks Tre,

For some reason, the peanut gallery seems to think that as Athletes Rep...My job is to call all 250 athletes every day and see what I can help them out with...

Lee never contacted me reguarding this matter, and still has not requested I do anything on his behalf...his recourse was to have his friend (HRDCORE) post it here online..
Let me guess Bob you are way to busy kissing the IFBB's ass. I know you and Shawn take extra shifts but lets try and make some time for the athletes. ;)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2006, 04:35:01 PM »

Once again, what is so hard to understand here. Lee admitted he used the ticket that was supposed to be for the Olympia for personal use. Some $420 worth of credit. So either he reimburses AMI for last years ticket, and they pay this years tickets, or vice versa. This is Business 101 guys!

Linnykins

• Getbig I
« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2006, 04:57:18 PM »
Once again, what is so hard to understand here. Lee admitted he used the ticket that was supposed to be for the Olympia for personal use. Some $420 worth of credit. So either he reimburses AMI for last years ticket, and they pay this years tickets, or vice versa. This is Business 101 guys!

But it sounds like Lee is not going to pay it.  So what is AMI to do?  Send him to collections?  Go to court?  For $400? I doubt it...

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2006, 05:01:12 PM »
But it sounds like Lee is not going to pay it.  So what is AMI to do?  Send him to collections?  Go to court?  For $400? I doubt it...

why not?

if you don't pay a small dentist bill or what have you, they'll send it to collections

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2006, 05:55:42 PM »
Good luck in the PDI Lee ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2006, 06:08:35 PM »
Bob like we said it was in the contract. Mr Chang had plenty of time to ask for the money back - i offered it was not taken up. This year is a different contract. WHAT CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND. SO PLEASE AMI PAYS YOU - WHAT ELSE ARE YOU GOING TO SAY. LAST YEARS IS OLD NEWS BIG BOY - OVER AND DONE. THIS IS A NEW YEAR - A NEW SIGNED CONTRACT. BUT KEEP BRINGING UP THE OLD IF IT JUSTIFIES YOUR BULLSHIT LOGIC.

YEAH LOUSY 400 AND THEY MAKE HOW MUCH - WHO IS THE ONES BITCHING - NOT ME - LIKE I SAID TWINLAB WILL PICK UP THE TAB IT JUST COMES DOWN TO THEM NOW BREAKING A SIGNED CONTRACT WHICH YOU LOOK DOWN UPON SO MUCH DON'T YOU BOB? CAUSE YOU KEEP BRINGING IT UP. NOW MR CHANG BREAKS HIS END OF THE SIGNED CONTRACT THATS OK. YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK WHEN LAST YEARS TICKET WAS BOUGHT - THATS RIGHT BOB YOU ONLY HAVE 12 MONTHS BEFORE IT CAN'T BE USED.

Robin wasn't going to ask for the money back...he was going to use it THIS year for your expenses.

YOU already used it...What is your justification for using a ticket for yourself?

Yeah, check the date Lee...The Olympia is earlier this year...so I'm sure they checked before it was to expire.

No matter how you try and spin it lee...you're in the wrong. It wasn't your ticket to do whatever you wanted to..it was for the sole purpose of competing in the Olympia...which you did not.

So you expect Robin to eat it, and buy you a ticket for this year?? LOLOLOL...you are one funny mofo..

Who's to say you don't bail out again? All of this is academic, of course, when you compete in the NOC and are suspended...so what are you arguing the point? ;D

BTW...I'll personally guarantee nothing happens to you in reguards to doing other things required of you at the Olympia...no problem. Do you really think anyone cares if you show up at the press conference, or participate in the Meet the Olympians night (soley for the purpose of YOU making money)...or do the DVD?

Much like last year...if you don't like it...DON'T COMPETE.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: August 22, 2006, 06:10:15 PM »
All of this is academic, of course, when you compete in the NOC...so what areb you arguing the point for? ;D

Holy lack of neutrality, batman!

Stavios

« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2006, 06:10:49 PM »
Robin wasn't goping to ask for the money back...he was going to use it THIS year for your expenses.

YOU already used it...What is your justification for using a ticket for yourself?

Yeah, check the date Lee...The Olympia is earlier this year...so I'm sure they checked before it was to expire.

No matter how you try and spin it lee...you're in the wrong. It wasn't your ticket to do whatever you wanted to..it was for the sole purpose of competing in thee Olympia...which you did not.

So you expect Robin to eat it, and buy you a ticket for this year?? LOLOLOL...you are one funny mofo..

Who's to say you don't bail out again? All of this is academic, of course, when you compete in the NOC...so what areb you arguing the point for? ;D

Monster truth tought...

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #242 on: August 22, 2006, 06:13:38 PM »
Chick has got Lee on this one.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #243 on: August 22, 2006, 06:16:21 PM »
Holy lack of neutrality, batman!

I'm being neutral...I'm here to explain the facts.

fact is, unless Lee gets smart in the next 3 weeks...he'll be suspended. those are the rules.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: August 22, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »
I usually side with Lee....

but if I was in his shoes....I wouldn't be too surprised that this happened.

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2006, 06:29:46 PM »
"Mr Chang had plenty of time to ask for the money back - i offered it was not taken up."

This is enough.. Lee offered it back and it was not accepted. NO one implied that it would be used towards next year or any other years.

Plain and simple.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #246 on: August 22, 2006, 06:31:54 PM »
Robin wasn't going to ask for the money back...he was going to use it THIS year for your expenses.

YOU already used it...What is your justification for using a ticket for yourself? Yeah, check the date Lee...The Olympia is earlier this year...so I'm sure they checked before it was to expire. No matter how you try and spin it lee...you're in the wrong. It wasn't your ticket to do whatever you wanted to..it was for the sole purpose of competing in the Olympia...which you did not. So you expect Robin to eat it, and buy you a ticket for this year?? LOLOLOL...you are one funny mofo.. Who's to say you don't bail out again? All of this is academic, of course, when you compete in the NOC and are suspended...so what are you arguing the point? ;D BTW...I'll personally guarantee nothing happens to you in reguards to doing other things required of you at the Olympia...no problem. Do you really think anyone cares if you show up at the press conference, or participate in the Meet the Olympians night (soley for the purpose of YOU making money)...or do the DVD? Much like last year...if you don't like it...DON'T COMPETE.

Ok Bob thanks for your stupid insight.The ticket was in my name - he didnt ask for it back when i asked to pay for it. It was not put into this years contract at all - 2005 is separate from 2006. Robin should not have signed the contract this year and got my ticket then should he. Oh i like to argue with you that's why. You have nothing else to do so i keep you busy. You are sitting there making up stupid questions for the press conference to bore us all again. How do you think you will do/can you beat him/what do you have that he dosen't? Yeah should be fun :)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2006, 06:40:27 PM »
How much was his original subscription?
a

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #248 on: August 22, 2006, 06:42:38 PM »
If the promoter was going to use Lee's LAST years plane tix for THIS years olympia he simply would NOT have sent out OR signed a 2006 contract (which states plane tix included) without making an amendment to it.  That's simple and the bottom line.  What's morally right or correct or the right thing to do is completely irrelavant here. 

Just like in all sports certain athletes sell tickets.  In the "game " of Bodybuilding Lee Priest sells tix...I would say maybe more than any other pro except for Ronnie Coleman and as many as Jay Cutler.  The promoter has benifitted greatly from Lee Priest being in their contest.  If they got to eat a plane tix because he used it big deal.  You can not depend on last years contract, whether he competed or not, to mean anything this year. 

newmom

« Reply #249 on: August 22, 2006, 06:44:54 PM »
I sure hope chang changes the contract regarding a competitor pulling out of the olympia.