Author Topic: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff  (Read 40625 times)

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff
« on: August 21, 2006, 09:24:19 PM »
Well it was bound to happen - just been talking to Lee and Robin Chang has cancelled Lee's plane ticket and hotel accommodation and told Jim Manion that if Lee wanted to do the Olympia - he would have to pay his own way !!!!!

Interesting considering Lee has already signed the Olympia contract and in it, it stipulates that AMI will pay for the above cancelled items -  Robin Chang claims Lee never reimbursed  them for  flights and hotel accommodation from last year, but the funny thing is they have never asked for reimbursement (until today) all they wanted was a letter of apology which was adhered to by his sponsors!! And get this, Lee paid for his own flights last year and never stayed at the hotel at AMIs expense, he stayed at the Hilton apartments organized and paid by Twinlab!!

Chic as athletes rep - do you think you should wade in here and sort this out for lee - I mean lee is a IFBB Pro right !!

Stavios

Re: The shit has started for preist !!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 09:27:40 PM »
I like Chick but he doesn't look like a guy who wants to help Lee out  >:(

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 09:30:08 PM »
the whole thing is so stupid. The athletes can't do anything...its ridicolous.
bodybuildersreality.com

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 09:33:03 PM »
their not athletes, their slaves.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 09:38:01 PM »
Slaves you got that right.

younggunz

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 09:38:14 PM »
IFBB is a F*&%ing joke!

Stavios

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 09:38:39 PM »
Marc, you shoud watch your mouth !

Robin Chang owns getbig now  :'(

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 09:39:19 PM »

lol, athlete rep..is that what they call it these days?
Here comes the money shot

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 09:40:05 PM »

Nobody takes Lee serious. Why should they?

Bigpump9

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 09:41:52 PM »
fucking politics in this sport are messed up.

pushinweight

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 09:42:28 PM »
Chic won't do a thing.  He can't.  He has no real power.  We know why he is there.  And Chang is just another suit playing the game.  

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 09:43:06 PM »
       Marc, you should watch your mouth !  

Dude I only call as it is , so far as I am aweare we are all still allowed to state the truth and have a opinion , although I could be wrong on this and do stand to be corrected !!

Stavios

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 09:43:37 PM »
I don't get it when Chick says: Lee is the only athlete who wants to compete for an other federation so I won't do anything.

Since when does a guy need support from the other athlete to make a complaint  ???

Stavios

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 09:44:23 PM »

Dude I only call as it is , so far as I am aweare we are all still allowed to state the truth and have a opinion , although I could be wrong on this and do stand to be corrected !!

Hey I am on your side Marc

Fuck those bastards

Robbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 09:45:08 PM »
Let assume for moment that we're talking about a 'sport' and its 'athletes'.

Is there any other sporting federation (or governing body) that treates its athletes in such a way?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 09:47:27 PM »
Well it was bound to happen - just been talking to Lee and Robin Chang has cancelled Lee's plane ticket and hotel accommodation and told Jim Manion that if Lee wanted to do the Olympia - he would have to pay his own way !!!!! Interesting considering Lee has already signed the Olympia contract and in it, it stipulates that AMI will pay for the above cancelled items -  Robin Chang claims Lee never reimbursed  them for  flights and hotel accommodation from last year, but the funny thing is they have never asked for reimbursement (until today) all they wanted was a letter of apology which was adhered to by his sponsors!! And get this, Lee paid for his own flights last year and never stayed at the hotel at AMIs expense, he stayed at the Hilton apartments organized and paid by Twinlab!!

First of all, hopefully we can find out exactly what is going on this. Second of all, the IFBB and the promoters AMI are different companies and organizations. They work together on putting on the Olympia, and they can have disagreements. But why cancel the room and plane ticket now instead of two weeks before the show if Lee competes in the PDI.

Now the other issue is flights and accommodations from last year. Did Lee actually sign the contract from last year, and pulled out. What does it say if he pulled out. Did they lose out on airplane fares and hotel rooms, or were they cancelled and used later? This doesn’t make sense here.

But I do agree that Bob, the IFBB rep, can handle this, and set the record straight.

Robin Chang owns Getbig now

Cool - thanks for letting me know that. I didn't know that. Wow - your information is so good I am truly impressed. Remind me never to let you choose stocks or horses for anyone.

Is there any other sporting federation (or governing body) that treates its athletes in such a way?

First again, separate the IFBB and AMI (promoters of the Olympia). Second of all - hmmm - record prize money, with the exposure from the Olympia, national recognition, lucrative contracts and so much more.  Someone can break out of the field and with it get the attention. I know of a few companies that are always looking for a few good men.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 09:49:58 PM »
 :o

Stavios

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 09:50:11 PM »
you know what I meant Ron..

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 09:52:06 PM »
No but the problem is so few make any money the rest are way to scared to say anything as they know how they will place next comp.Look at the posing round as Chick has said they took a vote and milos was so much for the vote Yes to keep the posing round and the vote was Yes and Chick has stated they do Not judge the posing round anyway.What a Joke.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 09:52:58 PM »
You would hope that this situation is exactly what they have a Athletes rep for , to act as a mediator between the parties so the best possible outcome can be reached (with his athletes best intrest at heart of course) where both parties are satisfied with the outcome with no residual hard feelings, you would think AMI would want Lee there (being one of the most popular athletes on the planet)but not with any drama , so this is where the Athletes Rep should come into his own and pave a smooth path for Lee,AMI and the fans to travel down to the Olympia .

Should be intresting !

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 09:55:31 PM »
just email chang at

rchang@weiderpub.com, this will be resolved with no problem.
Chadwick Mower in 2008

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 09:58:38 PM »
You would hope that this situation is exactly what they have a Athletes rep for , to act as a mediator between the parties so the best possible outcome can be reached

I  absolutely agree - this is for the IFBB Athletes rep to take care of - because none of us know what exactly is going on...

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 10:02:39 PM »
Robin obviously doesn't have much legal sense.  This years flight and accomadations in the contract have nothing to do with last years.  They just can't cancel and try to call it even.  Two separate issues and legal contracts. 

Motherboy (the band).

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 10:03:49 PM »
I'm not quite sure what the problem is, exactly...

Lee signed the contract to participate in the Olympia last year.

Lee was compensated by the promoter, airfare and accomodations as per the contract.

Lee opted to not compete in the show for personal reasons.

Some time later, Lee used the tickets for his own personal use...

As per the contract, Lee did not fullfill his part of the deal and should never have used the tickets, thus he technically owes the promoter for the cost of said tickets.

The promoter has already paid airfare ONCE for Lee, why would he pay again?

Am I missing something here?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 10:04:27 PM »
Marc,

Did Lee go to Bob with this BEFORE you decided to post it here?
Elevate Your Image.™