Author Topic: Dick Cheney is an idiot.  (Read 9768 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Dick Cheney is an idiot.
« on: August 23, 2006, 06:37:15 AM »
Why is he saying that supporting Ned Lamont for the senate seat in Connecticut is like supporting Al-Queda? Does having common sense and not supporting a bogus war that many conservatives have already labeled as a mistake make you a Al-Queda supporter?

Many have already come out and said that they were lead to the war with faulty and bogus intelligence, so the war is a mistake and has absolutely nothing to do with the war on terror, so WHY IS CHENEY FALLING BACK ON THE WAR AS A FRONT ON TERRORISM? WHY IS THIS MOTHER FUCKER FEEDING MORE AND MORE BULLSHIT TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE?

I'm tired of this administration frightening and lying to the American to keep themselves in office. What's equally pathetic is that most Americans are fucking stupid enough to fall of their lies and bullshit not once, but twice, and they'll fall for it again in the '08 elections. No doubt these neo-cons will pull more bullshit out of their ass.

Just had to rant. When I heard Cheney make these statements, it just shocked me that this fucker would stoop that low. What's even worse is that there are people dumb enough to swing their support over to right-wing assholes. Aren't they smart enough to know what only Liberals are sophisticated enough to win the war on terror?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Dick Cheney is an idiot.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 01:46:24 PM »
You answered your own question: they are falling back on the terrorism angle because people fall for it over and over.  When people are afraid you can get them to do anything, even support chicken hawks who have no idea what they are doing.

As someone said in another thread: Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz in charge of the military is the equivalent of "lions led by donkeys."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 01:56:05 PM »
you can only play the 'terror card' so many times.  The white house's connection to israel's connection to lieberman means they really don't want him to lose face and power by losing.

we're looking at a great lesson on macropsychology here. 
will the american people wisen up and see thru the BS?

Exciting time to be watching history unfold.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 01:58:28 PM »
you can only play the 'terror card' so many times.  The white house's connection to israel's connection to lieberman means they really don't want him to lose face and power by losing.

we're looking at a great lesson on macropsychology here. 
will the american people wisen up and see thru the BS?

Exciting time to be watching history unfold.

From the look of things, a lot of Americans don't want to wisen up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 02:01:46 PM »
From the look of things, a lot of Americans don't want to wisen up.

ahh but many do :)

1/3 are onto Bush's games and see some holes in the terror game and loss of personal freedoms, and they're pissed.

1/3 of the US likes letting the govt tell then what to say and do, cause it feels safer and more reassuring.

1/3 of the US doesn't know or doesn't care. And it is obvious that the battle is being fought everyday for those 100M people.  You have the media playing airline scares in the UK and you see Bush's approval rating spike up to 42%.  But at the same time, you have 100,000 internet CTers spreading the 911 words to anyone who will listen. 

The pro-Bush and anti-bush people are usually set in their ways and prefer the blinders.  but the 1/3 in the middle are up for grabs :)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 02:07:30 PM »
You just know Mr. Intenseone is furiously typing away at a reply to this thread that features either a Kerry bashing or a Kennedy bashing.

How dare you point out any shortcomings in the Republican party when there are so many Liberals out there to be lambasted.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 02:07:36 PM »

1/3 are onto Bush's games and see some holes in the terror game and loss of personal freedoms, and they're pissed.

1/3 of the US likes letting the govt tell then what to say and do, cause it feels safer and more reassuring.

1/3 of the US doesn't know or doesn't care. And it is obvious that the battle is being fought everyday for those 100M people.  You have the media playing airline scares in the UK and you see Bush's approval rating spike up to 42%.  But at the same time, you have 100,000 internet CTers spreading the 911 words to anyone who will listen. 

The pro-Bush and anti-bush people are usually set in their ways and prefer the blinders.  but the 1/3 in the middle are up for grabs :)

Yeah, but the people that see through the Bush's lies are thought of as Liberal extremists with a bad agenda, so it's hard to get your point across to people that are up for grabs, because they think you really aren't genuinely concerned for the well being of this great country.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 02:16:56 PM »
Yeah, but the people that see through the Bush's lies are thought of as Liberal extremists with a bad agenda, so it's hard to get your point across to people that are up for grabs, because they think you really aren't genuinely concerned for the well being of this great country.

In 2002, that's how they were viewed.  But for many, seeing some strong evidence that 9/11 was staged causes them to open up their mind a bit.

And today, I think it's different. 52% of Americans dont' believe Iraq has anything to do with the war on terror.  And Bush's 90%+ war approval rating is long gone.

And I wish people would stop making this a rep vs. Dems argument and immediately start bashing one candidate or another.  Can't you see that when you make it about one person or one party or label one group, you're missing out on the BIGGER PICTURE?

ReOpen the 911 investigation.  People of both party are completely innocent, and people of both parties played along or knew before. Let's get all the chips on the table, find out who, if anyone, was guilty of treasonous behavior, then vote for new people from each party.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 02:23:27 PM »
You just know Mr. Intenseone is furiously typing away at a reply to this thread that features either a Kerry bashing or a Kennedy bashing.

You forgot Clinton.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 02:27:01 PM »
watch the news.  Huge bin Laden cycle in there.

click on www.cnn.com

front page has info on bin laden fantasizing about whitney houston (this will grab eyes of younger people who don't follow politics but do follow celebrty news

then we have a poll - 'most americans believe bin laden will be caught'. Anyone who loves polls will jump on this and remember bin laden and be scared.

And of course, "Trees and tapes may hint at bin Laden location" - more reminders that we are on his trail.

Would a triumphant Bush/Condi press conference in which bin laden being killed was announced (of course, thanks to our in-country wiretapping) be a surprise to anyone, given the news cycle?  Certainly would help the Repubs retain the house/senate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 02:38:35 PM »

Then there are those who support the president, support the war on terror, support the troops, but still have a healthy distrust of government. 

Neither party has clean hands when it comes to the expanded role of government, particularly Democrats.  One of the hallmarks of the Democrat party the past couple of decades has been an expanded role of the federal government:  taxes, socialized healthcare, etc.  Republicans have issues too, e.g., socialized legal system (i.e., "tort reform"), etc. 

I was listening to Bush the other day and I still believe he is trying to do what's best for the country.  Being a wealthy lame duck, he really has no stake in the decisions he makes, other than doing what he thinks will benefit Americans in the long run.  I'm actually glad he's in office.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 02:42:51 PM »
I'm actually glad he's in office.     

that being said-

would you feel the same way if he had prior knowledge of 911 and one of your family members had taken a header off the Towers to avoid being burned to death?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 02:46:54 PM »
I'll just sit back and watch him slowly prove people wrong just like he's always done, but since the Bush/Cheney hatred is so thick no one wants to give credit when credit is due!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 02:47:37 PM »
that being said-

would you feel the same way if he had prior knowledge of 911 and one of your family members had taken a header off the Towers to avoid being burned to death?

::)!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 02:49:48 PM »

How dare you point out any shortcomings in the Republican party when there are so many Liberals out there to be lambasted.

HAHAHAH So TRUE!
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 02:50:48 PM »
I voted for bush twice.  I loved the guy.  

But he didn't follow evacuation protocol on 911.
And he FOUGHT a 911 investigation.
Then refused to testify.

It just makes no sense.  He just looks guilty.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 02:55:03 PM »
Same here, but the guy can only fuck us so many times before it starts to hurt. LoL  Use some lube like Clinton for god sakes.
S

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 02:56:41 PM »
issues too, e.g., socialized legal system (i.e., "tort reform"), etc. 

I was listening to Bush the other day and I still believe he is trying to do what's best for the country.  Being a wealthy lame duck, he really has no stake in the decisions he makes, other than doing what he thinks will benefit Americans in the long run.  I'm actually glad he's in office.     

Exactly! He's trying to do what he thinks is right in his own mind. But what he's doing is not the right thing, he's destroying America's long-term reputation.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 02:57:40 PM »
I voted for bush twice.  I loved the guy.  

But he didn't follow evacuation protocol on 911.
Then refused to testify.

It's amazing how many people forget that or think it doesn't matter.   :'(  On that basis alone he should have been turned out.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 02:58:06 PM »
I'll just sit back and watch him slowly prove people wrong just like he's always done, but since the Bush/Cheney hatred is so thick no one wants to give credit when credit is due!!

Credit for WHAT?  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 02:58:22 PM »
that being said-

No, I wouldn't be glad he was in office if he knew about 9/11, engaged in a conspiracy to carry out 9/11, and is responsible for the murder of 3,000 innocent people.    

I'd also want him out if he turned out to be a closet pedophile, is a serial killer, and has a secret wife and second family on the side.  

But since none of those things have happened, I don't lose any sleep over those kinds of wild conspiracy theories.

I spend more time worrying about the policies and positions he takes, including his support for lower taxes -- one of my favorite issues.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 03:16:54 PM »
But since none of those things have happened, I don't lose any sleep over those kinds of wild conspiracy theories.

Fair enough.

Does any of this bother you?

He didn't follow evacuation protocol on 911.
Then refused to testify.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 03:23:45 PM »
Fair enough.

Does any of this bother you?

He didn't follow evacuation protocol on 911.
Then refused to testify.

1.  Yes, if true, and he didn't have a legitimate reason for not doing so.
2.  No, because there is already a bipartisan 9/11 commission. 
3.  No.  I didn't have a problem with Clinton refusing to testify in the Monica-gate investigation either. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 03:37:02 PM »
2.  No, because there is already a bipartisan 9/11 commission. 
No no - I meant does it bother you that Bush fought the creation of that 911 commission?  For a year and a half, he said it wasn't needed.  Finally, when the widows went on enough tv shows, he agreed to one, but staffed it with, well, you look them up ;)

1.  Yes, if true, and he didn't have a legitimate reason for not doing so.
He wouldn't explain why he calmly sat and read books that morning after the second plane hit, even though the lawyers for the 911 widows pleaded for the 911 commission to ask that Q.  And they wouldn't ask the head of the secret service about it either.  It was a very direct violation of secret service protocol, and it cannot be blamed on incompetence - Andy card and the head of the secret service were tehre and NOBODY left.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 03:52:13 PM »
No no - I meant does it bother you that Bush fought the creation of that 911 commission?  For a year and a half, he said it wasn't needed.  Finally, when the widows went on enough tv shows, he agreed to one, but staffed it with, well, you look them up ;)
He wouldn't explain why he calmly sat and read books that morning after the second plane hit, even though the lawyers for the 911 widows pleaded for the 911 commission to ask that Q.  And they wouldn't ask the head of the secret service about it either.  It was a very direct violation of secret service protocol, and it cannot be blamed on incompetence - Andy card and the head of the secret service were tehre and NOBODY left.

Fighting the commission doesn't really bother me.  He already knew who was responsible for 9/11.  From what I recall, his advisors determined fairly quickly that Bin Laden was behind the attacks. 

Let's assume he screwed up by finishing reading stories to little school kids and that the "protocol" required him to stop reading to kids and start barking out orders.  Unless this inaction resulted in the loss of life or some other consequence, what's the big deal?