Author Topic: post post workout meal  (Read 1176 times)

theoperator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
post post workout meal
« on: August 23, 2006, 06:44:28 PM »
i know most people consume whey protein and simple carbs somewhere between 5-15 minutes after training and then have a real food meal 45-60 minutes after that but since i eat egg whites or chiken instead of a whey shake should i wait longer, say 75-90 minutes before i have my next meal since chicken n egg whites digest slower than a whey shake does?

ive never taken shakes before but im thinking about taking them sometime in december but for now it is chicken and eggs.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: post post workout meal
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 08:01:07 PM »
I'd say the post workout shake with some fruit is important but after that eat when your hungry.
bodybuildersreality.com

theoperator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »
I'd say the post workout shake with some fruit is important but after that eat when your hungry.
what i meant was that i am not taking protein shakes after i work out i have egg whites and chicken which take longer to digest than whey....so should i wait longer to eat my next meal because of the slower digestion process????? and if so how much longer?????

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 06:49:39 PM »
you should switch to your post workout shake asap....hydrolyzed whey, dextrose/maltodextrin.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 04:07:37 PM »
you should switch to your post workout shake asap....hydrolyzed whey, dextrose/maltodextrin.
yes definatly asap. then after that you can have your chicken.
bodybuildersreality.com

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 04:24:38 PM »
If you are going to wait till Dec to go the shake route I would eat the eggs right after training then the chicken 1-1.5hours later.  I say this because in my opinion eggs digest more rapidly than chicken.