Author Topic: Big Toney  (Read 4274 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Big Toney
« on: August 24, 2006, 03:33:59 PM »
In pumping Iron's 1st scene (after the intro) in Golds gym, Arnold is greeting everyone (mike Katz and some joey dude, and then comes to the counter where Ken waller is standing and Arnold says Big Toney! who is that guy? anyone know?
bodybuildersreality.com

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Big Toney
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 06:50:10 PM »
Tony Nowak

Onlyme has told tons of stories about Tony.  He also makes these real cool custom jackets.

Tony was the "enforcer" back in the old days at Joe's gym.

waiting for onlyme to chime in......

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 01:08:42 AM »
Yes Tony was definitely Joe's "enforcer".  He was a big and mean guy.  But he was funny too. He used to train with an older fat guy named Bugsy.  Didn't know what Bugsy did but he did drive a Rolls Royce.  WHen I first saw Tony I went back to my friends and told them I saw John Matuzsak.  I thought it was him.  I remember him throwing a guy with a camera down the stairs. He yelled allot in the gym and whenhe saw these guys taking pictures he yelled at them "Get the Hell Out of Here!" while he walked really fast towards them.  He basically just turned them around and pushed them down the stairs.  And yes he makes the leather jackets for World Gym and others too I think.  I saw him at the ASC in 2003 and said hi and reminenced a little about the old days at Worlds.  He was also the gym doctor if you know what I mean.  Hey a bottle of 100 CIBA D-bol for just $25

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 06:21:21 AM »
In that first scene there is a millisecond glimpse of Mentzer sitting at the counter. Too bad they didn't give him and a few others some deserved screen time. He didn't seem to be one of the boys. You have to use slow-mo to really see it.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 11:14:57 AM »
In that first scene there is a millisecond glimpse of Mentzer sitting at the counter. Too bad they didn't give him and a few others some deserved screen time. He didn't seem to be one of the boys.
:o really! Im going to have to look for that. What about Mike's friend "joey" and why would arnold remember him?
bodybuildersreality.com

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 11:44:28 AM »
In that first scene there is a millisecond glimpse of Mentzer sitting at the counter. Too bad they didn't give him and a few others some deserved screen time. He didn't seem to be one of the boys. You have to use slow-mo to really see it.

I noticed that too...but couldn't tell if that was really him.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 11:46:29 AM »
Use slow-mo and you'll (1) see that it's him and (2) notice that he's off on his own, not at all part of the Arnold clique which i'm sure was sometimes obnoxious.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 11:53:03 AM »
Use slow-mo and you'll (1) see that it's him and (2) notice that he's off on his own, not at all part of the Arnold clique which i'm sure was sometimes obnoxious.
YOUR RIGHT thats weird. but yeah thats him.
bodybuildersreality.com

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 07:14:09 PM »
ya I always wondered about that guy, he gave a dumb laugh just cause Arnold said his name.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 08:52:29 PM »
i know a few toneys...so i call them all big toney even though they are not big. haha BIG TONEY it just comes out nice.
bodybuildersreality.com

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 10:44:37 PM »
i know a few toneys...so i call them all big toney even though they are not big. haha BIG TONEY it just comes out nice.

LOL, I hear ya...  I BS at my gym with Big Mike, Big Mark and Big Julio.  But they are all actually pretty big. ;D

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 11:53:30 AM »

I've got a buddy named Tony who is only about 5'4" on a good day.  He hates it when we call him BIG TONY  ;D

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 11:56:20 AM »
I've got a buddy named Tony who is only about 5'4" on a good day.  He hates it when we call him BIG TONY  ;D
haha it just sounds good to say it.
bodybuildersreality.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 12:12:03 PM »
Yes my friend Tony Halme is BIG.  6'4" 330 lbs.  Big Tony Nowak.  Yes Big Tony just sounds good

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 12:13:37 PM »
Yes my friend Tony Halme is BIG.  6'4" 330 lbs.  Big Tony Nowak.  Yes Big Tony just sounds good
weren't him and Kenny Waller good buds. they go pick fights together?
bodybuildersreality.com