Author Topic: Is cocaine bad for you if used in moderation, only on occasion.  (Read 10017 times)

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
Maybe you get some free radical damage (working out does the some thing)

Makes you stay awake longer (but you burn more calories)

Makes you more sociable (so does alcohol)

I can't find the negatives if used in moderation on rare ocassions with friends and acquaintences.

Your thoughts.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Is cocaine bad for you if used in moderation, only on occasion.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 06:55:35 PM »
Ask Toxy, he's the resident cokehead.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 07:04:39 PM »

I can't find the negatives if used in moderation on rare ocassions with friends and acquaintences.

Your thoughts.
it ain't that big a deal once in a while it's just been blown totally out of proportion by mentally weak people who get addicted easy.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

body88

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 07:08:31 PM »
Haha you guys do your coke "occasionally" and socially for the next year. A year from today please post how your life is doing after doing coke "only" on the weekend. I was a club gm for years. Coke is bad shit along with every other drug. If you can do it and not become addicted in anyway you are lucky and 99 percent of others are not so lucky!

Coke is way more addictive than getting drunk. Anyone who has ever done it knows no matter what they say this is a fact.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 07:14:52 PM »
Haha you guys do your coke "occasionally" and socially for the next year. A year from today please post how your life is doing after doing coke "only" on the weekend. I was a club gm for years. Coke is bad shit along with every other drug. If you can do it and not become addicted in anyway you are lucky and 99 percent of others are not so lucky!

Coke is way more addictive than getting drunk. Anyone who has ever done it knows no matter what they say this is a fact.
[noob question] you mean mentally addictive right? Does it give a beter high or what?
follow the arrows

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 07:17:21 PM »
pretty much anything IN MODERATION isnt too bad...

but how many people actually stay in moderation? ive been wanting to try coke for years but havent yet because i KNOW i will want it all the time...hell i wish i could 'unlearn' alcohol...cause now i want that escape all the time.

body88

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 07:20:40 PM »
[noob question] you mean mentally addictive right? Does it give a beter high or what?

Coke is more than mentally addictive. I have met many a coked out whore to attest to this. I do not give a shit how much research anyone provides. Coke is one of the best feelings you could ever have.You feel invincible. You feel light and quick, You become very sociable basically you just feel like a million bucks. Alot of girls get into coke for the feeling it gives them mentally. They are everything they wish they could be when sober when they are all coked out. Keeps em skinny. Makes them feel more secure etc etc. You feel like shit when you come down.  At least I did anyway.Some people can do coke all the time and lead normal lives. That is very very rare. How many times do you see a person who smokes cigs "only" when they drink? Then a month later they are puffing a pack a day. Same thing with yay except times it by 50000000. The feeling is just way to amazing to not crave.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 08:25:36 PM »
hi Frozzor :)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 10:12:54 PM »

Your thoughts.

"Cocaine" and "moderation" do not go together in the same sentence! Studies done with lab rats show that, when given free access to it, most will indulge in the drug 24/7 until they drop dead from starvation or exhaustion. And Humans who tried the drug tend to get hooked for like; they will take the drug continuously to the point where they will lose their jobs, wife, kids and become financially ruined, and they just don't give a damn! After going bankrupt and losing their entire lives to the drug, many of them will resort to gay prostitution for the money to continue doing the drug, giving guys blow-jobs for a few bucks. :o :-X

While there are more potent stimulants than cocaine, with stronger sympathomimetic activity, such as methamphetamine, cocaine is unique in it's ability to induce habituation. It is a very potent indirect dopaminergic agonist: it's ability to block the dopamine transporter protein is second to none. With this mechanism blocked, this catecholaminergic monoamine neurotransmitter accumulates in the synaptic cleft, resulting in the hyper-stimulation of the DRD1 receptor, whih is related to the ability to experience pleasure. Intense feelings of exhilaration and euphoria follows, which are even stronger than those provided by the amphetamines, but far less edgy.

My advice to you? Stay away from it. If you want to party, stick with MDMA, alcohol and nicotine. While the former acts primarilly upon serotonin, resulting in increased sociability and feelings of profound serene well-being, the latter two have dopaminergic effects as well. If you want to push it, you could do meth. It is far stronger and harsher than cocaine and the effects last for several hours instead of 40 minutes, but it usually generates a lower level of obsessive use among consumers than cocaine - but it's still highly addictive. Regards.  :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 11:03:37 PM »

Your thoughts.
It may be true, in moderation... But how many are able contain their use to a moderate level?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 11:36:34 PM »

Your thoughts.

I think possession is a violation of state and federal law. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 11:39:46 PM »
   My advice to you? Stay away from it. If you want to party, stick with MDMA, alcohol and nicotine.

Isn't nicotine more addictive and much more dangerous than cocaine? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 11:56:32 PM »
"Suck" ur telling him to choose Meth over Coke. Doesn't that crap bore holes in your head like X..geeeze if it were me i'd go with heroin :P
L

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 01:07:46 AM »
it ain't that big a deal once in a while it's just been blown totally out of proportion by mentally weak people who get addicted easy.

So you're an addict?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 02:14:51 AM »
I been doing it only on new years eve for a couple years so it's become a tradition now, it's great
Money drugs and bitches

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 02:23:12 AM »
I've never done coke and never want to because i saw what it did to a friend of mine but when i get my hands on some I KNOW i'm in for a great saturday night...

hot girls will do anything for that shit...

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 03:43:39 AM »
coke can sure make your life more exciting!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 04:03:31 AM »
gotta agree with body and suckmymuscle.

i cant believe your actually asking if its bad for you  :-\  the stuff is horrid. stay the f*ck away from it.

ive worked in clubs off and on for 15 years and have seen what it does to people. seen people who never did it then thought they would "just try it". like someone else posted...take a look at them about a year later. they were a mess and f*cked up everytime i saw them. it will make you poor..make you lose your family and best of all good chance in it killing you (which i have seen too). seen otherwise healthy people have heart attacks at 35 years old.

i find it hard to have respect for people who do any kind of harcore drugs. if i find out someone i know does them i wash my hands of them. IMO it completely cheapens them.

my rant is done  :)

body88

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 07:33:58 AM »
I am only 24 and some change years old. But like I posted I have been working in the nightlife for many years. I started as a bartender to make some money for college. Some of you guys know me, well know my posts and I was a gm of a few large clubs. I recently left. To be honest with you a big part of the was the drugs and the "scumbags" you have to deal with every day. I have been working a corporate job for a few weeks now and the difference is very noticeable. What I did before was alot of fun but there was alot of negatives to it also. Like blinky and suckmymuscle I have seen the effects of the social drugs. You see people see coke as a highclass way to have a good time. Glorified by movies and such. People are also heavily into g and meth. Or tina as it is called here. I have seen the most amazing looking women turn into money hoarding drug addicts. Lives literally down the tubes. Girls who go to Harvard who worked in my club as a bottle service waitress or dancer of some kind for extra money. They get introduced to the wrong people and before you know it they are blowing lines to be social. You take a look at them a year later and it is mind blowing how awful they look. I am not saying every single person who does coke is going to tune out this way. I am saying that a large percentage of them do. For gods sake don't ever go anywhere within 15 feet of meth. That is BAD  shit. Tina as it is called in the "scene" here is absolutely awful shit. You might as well smoke crack.

I Have done coke enough times in my life to understand the negative effects of the shit. If you enjoy doing it that is your deal and I wouldn't criticize anyone for it. But I hope none of you guys end up like some of the people I have seen over the years.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 12:42:05 PM »
Cocaine does not fall in the category of something that can be used in moderation.

A certain percentage of people DIE the first time they use cocaine.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 04:10:45 PM »
Why hasn't toxy weighed in with his opinion?  >:(

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006, 04:27:39 PM »
Because his digital scale broke

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2006, 04:51:31 PM »
I gotta try coke, but it's expensive like $80 a gram and it's fucking cut up and very impure.

Oh well, I will be ordering some magical shroom spores soon!  8)

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 05:26:26 PM »
why do u gotta try it  ???   ::)

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2006, 05:59:55 PM »
Cocaine does not fall in the category of something that can be used in moderation.

A certain percentage of people DIE the first time they use cocaine.

The most silly thing I've ever read.

I should clarify that I used it on many ocassions for nearly 8 years.  No big deal.  The crash sucks.  But it's a party drug and I've never used it on a weekday or when I wasn't partying.