Author Topic: Christopher Hitchens on Real Time with Bill Maher  (Read 6100 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Christopher Hitchens on Real Time with Bill Maher
« on: August 25, 2006, 11:26:29 PM »
Starts out by demanding Bill recognize him as an intellectual after Bill refuses to accept Christopher's assertion that Al-Queda was allied with Saddam and essentially a force in Iraq before we went in...  ::) He then Jibes the audience and gets booed for it... Loses his cool and flips off the audience twice!   ::) Uses a red herring to divert the subject and gets called on it... Man... This is a class act... Real Smart Guy...  :P

Purge_WTF

Re: Christopher Hitchens on Real Time with Bill Maher
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 06:09:19 AM »
Starts out by demanding Bill recognize him as an intellectual after Bill refuses to accept Christopher's assertion that Al-Queda was allied with Saddam and essentially a force in Iraq before we went in...  ::) He then Jibes the audience and gets booed for it... Loses his cool and flips off the audience twice!   ::) Uses a red herring to divert the subject and gets called on it... Man... This is a class act... Real Smart Guy...  :P

I saw that last night. The dude's a friggin' douchebag. Not the best way for Bill to get his new season started.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 06:02:16 PM »
I watched it.

Bill loves controversy.

When's Ann Coulter coming on.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 07:08:06 PM »
I watched it.

Bill loves controversy.

When's Ann Coulter coming on.
Don't know, glad you mentioned it, she was on last season and If I remember that show right the audience started to boo her and Bill didn't go for that.  He actually gets a lot of criticism for having her on at all.  She's alright I guess.  I mean I hate what she says but in a way, she probably helps Democrats.  I'm sure there are a lot of average people who end up seeing Hannity, Coulter and a confused Colmes in an extremist circle jerk and say, WHOA.... that's crazy, fuck that.  But I'm sure she's apple pie to the extreme right.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 10:11:26 AM »
  Believe it or not, Bill and Ann(orexic) are actually good friends.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 09:34:17 AM »
Christopher Hitchens Forcibly Removed From Trailer Park After Drunken Confrontation With Common-Law Wife

The Onion |August 28 |  Issue 38•04

SPARTA, TN–Noted author, social critic, and political gadfly Christopher Hitchens was once again the focus of controversy Monday, when he was forcibly removed from Happy Trails trailer park following a drunken confrontation with Noreen Bodell, 39, his common-law wife of 14 years.

Enlarge Image
An inebriated Hitchens is forcibly removed from the Happy Trails trailer park.

Responding to a domestic-disturbance call, police arrived at the couple's double-wide trailer at approximately 2:15 p.m. to find Hitchens and Bodell throwing dishes at each other. When the officers attempted to remove Hitchens from the premises, the leftist intellectual became physically and verbally abusive toward the officers, calling them "shitkickers," "bitches," and "effete liberal apologists for the atrocities of late-stage capitalism."

Having consumed what sources described as "a substantial amount of single-malt scotch," Hitchens then burst into tears, yelling, "That woman never understood me for who I am. I want to talk to [Harper's editor Lewis] Lapham. Lapham's the only one who understands me."

Charged with disturbing the peace, Hitchens was taken to the Sparta police station at 3 p.m. and released four hours later.

Little is known about Bodell, a heavy-set blonde who has been known to use several different surnames. According to sources familiar with the couple, the incident marks the third time in as many weeks that police have been forced to intervene in their volatile relationship.

"We're down at the old Hitchens place probably twice a month at least," said Sgt. Wilson Vernon, the first of three officers to arrive at the scene. "Once his blood's up, old Hitch can get meaner than a three-legged coon hound. From what the neighbors told us about this latest incident, Noreen was all worked up, accusing him of drinking and womanizing. He was angry with her refusal to acknowledge that there is ample evidence to make a case for prosecuting Henry Kissinger as a war criminal. She just kept shouting, 'No, there ain't!'"

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 10:53:48 AM »
I like watching Bill Maher, but he should get a more "evenly distributed audience". Booing someone just because they are conservative............ .Anyway, do you guys actually believe anyone, besides maybe the actors, truly believe in what they say? C'mon, it's TV. Anywhere where you can get an audience and pull in numbers isn't "real" to me. I would rather have people just be acclaimed for the work they do, then to hear how stout they are on their beliefs in the system. 2/3 of Americans are in the Moderate belief.
Bill brings in extremist Conservative's to "get ratings". That's his job or else he would be fired.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 11:39:24 AM »
I like watching Bill Maher, but he should get a more "evenly distributed audience". Booing someone just because they are conservative............ .Anyway, do you guys actually believe anyone, besides maybe the actors, truly believe in what they say? C'mon, it's TV. Anywhere where you can get an audience and pull in numbers isn't "real" to me. I would rather have people just be acclaimed for the work they do, then to hear how stout they are on their beliefs in the system. 2/3 of Americans are in the Moderate belief.
Bill brings in extremist Conservative's to "get ratings". That's his job or else he would be fired.
But they booded Hitchens because he took a shot at them first.  He bought that one. ;D  Hitchens definitely started it with the audience.  And Bill doesn't screen for a left leaning audience so I don't know how he would "get" a more evenly distributed audience.  He does have a fairly even panel most of the time.  It's often someone left, someone neutral, and someone right and during times that he doesn't get someone on from the right he notes it in all fairness and apologizes for it.  You're right about who he brings in... I doubt people would tune in to watch without it :-\