Author Topic: Ron - re King Kamali! Time to apoligize!  (Read 12312 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ron - re King Kamali! Time to apoligize!
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2006, 11:28:38 PM »
Ron can you apologize to US for shamelessly endorsing the 17th placed King?

King placed 17th??? Were you at the same show I was??? I am pretty sure he placed 11th - get your facts right!

I dont know how much money or what have you he offered but you can cut ties with him now, he WAS a bodybuilder....Just apologize and we shall make believe it never happened

King never offered anything, but it was so much fun seeing you guys get riled up that it was quite entertaining. Predictions are predictions. Before Saturday morning, I think 95% off everyone I spoke to thought Darrem would win it.

Ron, one word, "LASIK"

Hahaha - perhaps.

I mean typically, the only time any Pros speak to Ron is when they see him at a show and then its hey lets take this photo and hook me up with some protein bars and thanks bro. So imagine having former superstar Pro King Kamali calling you every day to rap about "the biz" and "Oh, by the way Ron, it'd be sweet if you could help me build back up my hype machine...I promise you I won't let you down...This is it brother...BEST SHAPE EVER"

King Kamali calls as much as other pros call - and since I tend to verify information before I post it as news, of course I call various people in the industry. As for the pros talking, I think you would be a little amazed at how little is written on various pro on what we talk about. As for photos, you are right. Any show I got to, I take the pictures for fans, like I am one. As for King Kamali calling every day, ah - no. About as much as others call. As for protein bars, let them get there own - I saw a few of them swipe some from the vendors at the show.

So Ron fell victim to the King's undue influence and jumped aboard the hype machine for its last ride. And thereby has lost the last drop of credibility he had.

Well - unlike many others, I will make predictions for entertainment and discussion. With anything that can happen on contest day, most often I will be wrong then right.  I remember trying to get someone predict the top 10 at the Olympia. So far, the best that anyone has over done, with over 8,000 entries last year, was the top 7, and that was one person. And less than 1% got the top 5. Go ahead, put your mouth and give me your predictions on the Olympia soon. I am counting on it in a few weeks, once the Atlantic City Pro is done.

Now as for King, sitting with Dan Solomon during prejudging, I must admit, after seeing the competition, that King's midsection (obliques) were still large, and because of that, it greatly affects his performance. I had him in 9th-10th place (when he did his mantadories, they were good), but you just can't stop seeing the midsection. Especially after the competition.

As for Special Ed, too bad you can't make predictions, but I guess, you cant take the heat either. That is fine. I dont have a problem with it.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2006, 11:56:14 PM »
Ron,

I'll gladly bet you $100 that I can predict the top ten at the Olympia better than you. I mean, if you had Kamali top 3 at this show, you probably have David Henry top 3 at the Olympia. My Colorado Pro predictions posted here were spot-on less the last minute dropouts. So....

Will you accept this gift and get treatment today?
I mean, will you accept my challenge? I'm comfortable with just about anyone but Shawn Ray acting as the escrow agent.

Special "Intervention" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2006, 11:59:17 PM »
Ron,

I'll gladly bet you $100 that I can predict the top ten at the Olympia better than you. I mean, if you had Kamali top 3 at this show, you probably have David Henry top 3 at the Olympia. My Colorado Pro predictions posted here were spot-on less the last minute dropouts. So....

Will you accept this gift and get treatment today?
I mean, will you accept my challenge? I'm comfortable with just about anyone but Shawn Ray acting as the escrow agent.

Special "Intervention" Ed

ED, why would you bet with Ron he seems to be your buddy on alot of your opinions from my findings.....???
Watching The Haters

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2006, 12:18:03 AM »
Not on money - but we will go head to head on the predictions for the Olympia. One week out before the show, after the final two shows. This year, unlike the past years, the last qualifying contests are one week before the Olympia.  They are the Atlantic City Pro and the Santa Susanna Pro in Spain.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2006, 12:20:07 AM »
Not on money - but we will go head to head on the predictions for the Olympia. One week out before the show, after the final two shows. This year, unlike the past years, the last qualifying contests are one week before the Olympia.  They are the Atlantic City Pro and the Santa Susanna Pro in Spain.

I wonder who you are gong for douche....Excuse my profanity once again RON.....
Watching The Haters

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2006, 01:18:11 AM »
Heck, if I were a pro reading these forums I would be motivated like crazy to do well. Kamali had good shape and lots of size but overall just looked thick or something. Bodybuilding is about illusion and some guys spoil their physiques with too much size and obtain a blocky look. I guess those androgen receptors get saturated and the only place left to grow is the abdominal cavity.

Guys might want to swear off oids and stuff but read this forum and get insane so do whatever some 'guru' tells them to. It all seems like flogging a dead horse. Sonbaty and others suffered the same fate. Kovaks?

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: wheres ron lift studio and the rest of the retarts hiding this am?
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2006, 03:33:11 AM »

Hahahaha, Shawn is right on this one.  Kamali is a fat moron who should strongly consider suicide.
man that is harsh... it's only bodybuilding dude!

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2006, 03:51:22 AM »
Heck, if I were a pro reading these forums I would be motivated like crazy to do well. Kamali had good shape and lots of size but overall just looked thick or something. Bodybuilding is about illusion and some guys spoil their physiques with too much size and obain a blocky look. I guess those androgen receptors get saturated and the only place left to grow is the abdominal cavity.

Guys might want to swear off oids and stuff but read this forum and get insane so do whatever some 'guru' tells them to. It all seems like flogging a dead horse. Sonbaty and others suffered the same fate. Kovaks?

Sad thing about Kamali is that the drugs literally ruined his body, cliched as that may sound. Good muscle on him but he tried to take the GH/slin shortcut, and as a result his waist has destroyed his body's flow & symmetry - 2 BB mainstays.
Team Goodrum!

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2006, 04:05:47 AM »
Heck, if I were a pro reading these forums I would be motivated like crazy to do well. Kamali had good shape and lots of size but overall just looked thick or something. Bodybuilding is about illusion and some guys spoil their physiques with too much size and obain a blocky look. I guess those androgen receptors get saturated and the only place left to grow is the abdominal cavity.

Kovaks....Has never been a contender.  He is one of those guys you see and say ..."that guy is the biggest mofo I have ever seen"  but he doesnt have the aesthetics to compete as a bodybuilder

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2006, 04:09:34 AM »
Lets make something clear here Lift !

I was just pointing out the fact that you were DEAD wrong in your predictions, nothing to fight about !  ;D

And actually, I am not a King hater ! I think he is a cool dude and here is what I think about his physique:

you tiny tits don't stop saying that if King comes in smaller, he will bring down is waist.  ::)
that's fucking stupid ! Look what happened, King came in 8 pounds smaller and his waist looked the same.
the only thing it did is it made his legs and arms smaller and transform what I considered a good back into a non-existant back !
he lost all the thickness and details he had

here is my advice to King: Drop this McNeil guy, he is having you do the same thing as Dexter and obviously it doesn't work. Blow up to your biggest ever and comes in full and shredded at the Ironman 2007, where you could place top 5
You're one to talk about "facts" claiming I deleted your posts when I hadn't been online for three days. I fully admit I was wrong on my predictions. Big whoopdee doo. Ever consider I said King Kamali in third to get guys like you talking about him even more? Nah that would never be the case. I like King as a person, as a bodybuilder I think he should give it a rest and take some time off.

Kingkamali.com
Elevate Your Image.™

Slick Vic

« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2006, 04:23:26 AM »
Ron, you didn't speak to me but I surely was part of that 95% of those who thought Darrem had it in the bag. You can't win 'em all - but he'll be back!

Stavios

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2006, 04:48:04 AM »
Ron, you didn't speak to me but I surely was part of that 95% of those who thought Darrem had it in the bag. You can't win 'em all - but he'll be back!
:o

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2006, 05:04:34 AM »
Funny stuff in this thread.

King got 11th instead of 17th...so know your facts.  What's the difference as far as cash and a troph ( ::))?

Darrem didnt win.  I'm assuming he was just there to pick up another $5-$10K cheque, and was just off.  Does a lot of shows...so his placing is no biggie.  If this isnt  the case...then maybe Heath isnt that good... b/c Darrem cant cut it against better bbers.

Ron...You are blowing up.  The thread is complete nonsense....as is every thread about King on this site.  This BS will probably help him keep his sponsor another yr.  The man gets his press even if he is almost dead last.  If he somehow qualifies in the next 2 shows...the mods will have to delete accts.  It'll be crazy around here...but funny as always.

If I were Freeman...I wouldnt want anyone talking about me.  A dark horse seems to get the O these days.  Ask Ronnie.  Will he put on the additional size with added compounds and hold his structure... b/c he could take the heir to the thrown, Heath, in 2007?   Still think Heath is more like 2010 when he is 30yrs old.

BTW...enjoy the Beast.  His reign is coming to an End.  Personally...I dont like the lineup behind him.  Lift...you need to get Alti on before the O and do an interview.

Oh...Monica!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2006, 05:10:53 AM »
King placed 17th??? Were you at the same show I was??? I am pretty sure he placed 11th - get your facts right!

King never offered anything, but it was so much fun seeing you guys get riled up that it was quite entertaining. Predictions are predictions. Before Saturday morning, I think 95% off everyone I spoke to thought Darrem would win it.

Hahaha - perhaps.

King Kamali calls as much as other pros call - and since I tend to verify information before I post it as news, of course I call various people in the industry. As for the pros talking, I think you would be a little amazed at how little is written on various pro on what we talk about. As for photos, you are right. Any show I got to, I take the pictures for fans, like I am one. As for King Kamali calling every day, ah - no. About as much as others call. As for protein bars, let them get there own - I saw a few of them swipe some from the vendors at the show.

Well - unlike many others, I will make predictions for entertainment and discussion. With anything that can happen on contest day, most often I will be wrong then right.  I remember trying to get someone predict the top 10 at the Olympia. So far, the best that anyone has over done, with over 8,000 entries last year, was the top 7, and that was one person. And less than 1% got the top 5. Go ahead, put your mouth and give me your predictions on the Olympia soon. I am counting on it in a few weeks, once the Atlantic City Pro is done.

Now as for King, sitting with Dan Solomon during prejudging, I must admit, after seeing the competition, that King's midsection (obliques) were still large, and because of that, it greatly affects his performance. I had him in 9th-10th place (when he did his mantadories, they were good), but you just can't stop seeing the midsection. Especially after the competition.

As for Special Ed, too bad you can't make predictions, but I guess, you cant take the heat either. That is fine. I dont have a problem with it.
11th place still stinks.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2006, 06:01:35 AM »
It was nice to hear King - be humble

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2006, 06:07:21 AM »
Just becuase Ron owns the site doesn't mean he can't make predictions like everyone else. btw Ron, your buddy Sharry looked horrible ;D
E

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2006, 06:08:14 AM »
11th place still stinks.
wat ever the placing is.11th or 17th,anything below 10th place is a fuckin shame..11th or 17th place fuck its the same thing..once a loser always loser..so ron you don't need to apologize for anything.kamali is a fuckin girl and fuckin loser..no one should apologize to losers like kamali.
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2006, 09:56:36 AM »
You're on, brother! You know I love you Ron-Bo!

Special Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2006, 10:04:31 AM »
11th place still stinks.

There was only 12 in the show :P!!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2006, 11:43:54 AM »
Final scorecard results...

1 Toney Freeman USA 14 5 5 24 
2 Quincy Taylor USA 26 10 10 46 
3 Johnnie Jackson USA 32 15 15 62 
4 Darrem Charles Trinidad 26 19 19 64 
5 Art Atwood USA 48 25 25 98 
6 Silvio Samuel Spain 66 36 30 132 
7 Dennis Wolf Germany 74 43  117 
8 Marcus Haley USA 80 40  120 
9 George Farah USA 88 49  137 
10 Joel Stubbs Bahamas 96 55  151 
11 King Kamali USA 114 47  161 
12 Rodney St. Cloud USA 122 54  176 
13 Idrise Ward-El USA 130 68  198 
14 Frank Roberson USA 140 63  203 
15 Lyndon Belgrave Barbardos 136 71  207 
17 Tricky Jackson USA  160 80  240 
17 Nathan Wonsley USA 160 80  240 
17 Roland Huff USA 160 80  240 
17 George Tumon USA 160 80  240 
16 David Fisher USA 156 76  232 
17 Shehab Eldin Netherlands 160 80  240 
DNF JoJo Ntiforo USA 160   

The Nature Boy

• Getbig I
  • Diamonds are forever and so is Rick Flair!
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2006, 12:14:27 PM »
This is kinda funny story... I was at the Europa apparently sitting near Barbara Kamali. When Kamali came for his routine the two dudes next to began to yell " Here comes fatboy". Kings wife yelled to the guys " Hey theres a Kamali sitting behind you". The guys and her began to bicker back and forth. She told him there is nothing but a bunch of hicks down here anyway. Then she told him he didn't have the right to critique King because HE didn't have the balls to get on stage. Last time I checked a bodybuilding show takes place to judge the competitors on stage......  Not the story of the year or anything, I just think it's funny that Kings wife seems to have the same attitude he does.
Morons need not reply

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2006, 12:24:52 PM »
Final scorecard results...

1 Toney Freeman USA 14 5 5 24 
2 Quincy Taylor USA 26 10 10 46 
3 Johnnie Jackson USA 32 15 15 62 
4 Darrem Charles Trinidad 26 19 19 64 
5 Art Atwood USA 48 25 25 98 
6 Silvio Samuel Spain 66 36 30 132 
7 Dennis Wolf Germany 74 43  117 
8 Marcus Haley USA 80 40  120 
9 George Farah USA 88 49  137 
10 Joel Stubbs Bahamas 96 55  151 
11 King Kamali USA 114 47  161 
12 Rodney St. Cloud USA 122 54  176 
13 Idrise Ward-El USA 130 68  198 
14 Frank Roberson USA 140 63  203 
15 Lyndon Belgrave Barbardos 136 71  207 
17 Tricky Jackson USA  160 80  240 
17 Nathan Wonsley USA 160 80  240 
17 Roland Huff USA 160 80  240 
17 George Tumon USA 160 80  240 
16 David Fisher USA 156 76  232 
17 Shehab Eldin Netherlands 160 80  240 
DNF JoJo Ntiforo USA 160   

George beat Sherri...... ;D

Maybe he should have shoved him

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »
Does anybody else find it interesting that everybody who comes into contact with King (except a few disillusioned individuals) becomes a yes man?

Its awesome.  All these people are perpetuating the delusion that Kamali competes with.  Sure Shari! you can get top 3 a few months after you ate shit in your last stage appearance.

Very true.

They must be drinking the KoolAid.........
HAHA, RON.....

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2006, 01:02:01 PM »
I would understand a top six for king, but after 4months since the Newyork Pro and an 11th place at the Europa, he's got a lot to ponder about his "still trying to get my first pro show" in this biotch
Get Big, or Die Trying

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2006, 01:05:11 PM »
This is kinda funny story... I was at the Europa apparently sitting near Barbara Kamali. When Kamali came for his routine the two dudes next to began to yell " Here comes fatboy". Kings wife yelled to the guys " Hey theres a Kamali sitting behind you". The guys and her began to bicker back and forth. She told him there is nothing but a bunch of hicks down here anyway. Then she told him he didn't have the right to critique King because HE didn't have the balls to get on stage. Last time I checked a bodybuilding show takes place to judge the competitors on stage......  Not the story of the year or anything, I just think it's funny that Kings wife seems to have the same attitude he does.

part of being a good BBer is dealing with criticism.  If they had been saying great things about king she wouldn't have complained.