Author Topic: Look at the FACTS, not this Right/Left, Repub/Dem BS  (Read 3693 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Look at the FACTS, not this Right/Left, Repub/Dem BS
« on: August 27, 2006, 09:01:56 AM »
I have to say, with all the recent generalizations and racial stereotypes used by both sides, that I'm disappointed.

Please realize that when you spend your day toeing a party line - EITHER party line - you are participating in groupthink and are essentially an unpaid pawn/spokesman for that party's agenda.

The parties are very similar. They use the emotionally charged issues, like family/body rights, and overseas affiliations, to keep the viewer distracted.  Anyone who outright bashes "those damn liberals" or "Bush and all his cronies" is a tool of the opposite side.  Realize this.  On those issues that relly matter - those which affect your life on a longterm basis- the parties are just about identical.

Instead, step back, and look at the ACTIONS of individuals, and the FACTS surrounding the events.

Don't fall into the trap of being a barbershop talkingpiece your whole life.  Start by finding a single action by an individual, or event which needs further investigation.  Then, instead of arguing with the anti-choir, call your congressman and tell him.  Tell your neutral friends.  Do something to get the ball in motion. Just my 2 cents.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Look at the FACTS, not this Right/Left, Repub/Dem BS
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 09:46:59 AM »
bump for overlooked common sense.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 09:52:42 AM »
No doubt what you say carries a lot of truth. 

But in the last 5 years we've seen the BUSH admonistration plunge this country i short of an abyss.  When the Dems were in power there was plenty to complain about but not on the scale it is now.

1.5 billion a week spent in iRaq
thousands of wounded/miamed soldoers
2000+ dead
over extened army
poor morale starting to set in
more hatred for america then ever overseas

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 10:06:28 AM »
There are a lot of republicans, voters and elected officials, who want the hell out of Iraq.  I am fairly confident there are a few people in the bush admin who want out of iraq. 

But when you say "the Bush admin", realize that you have to also inclode those dems who still support the war, and who have helped Bushco cover up some of their misdeeds.  Their inability to get on a mic and call out the prez for brekaing rules means that are complicit in whateverhis crimes are.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 10:12:12 AM »
There are a lot of republicans, voters and elected officials, who want the hell out of Iraq.  I am fairly confident there are a few people in the bush admin who want out of iraq. 

But when you say "the Bush admin", realize that you have to also inclode those dems who still support the war, and who have helped Bushco cover up some of their misdeeds.  Their inability to get on a mic and call out the prez for brekaing rules means that are complicit in whateverhis crimes are.

I understand about the dem supporters of the war.  I lean that way mainly becuase of the BUSH admin.  Just think about the change that could be effected if the 9/11 thing was exposed the way you think it happened.  That's the only way this system will ever change.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 10:22:59 AM »
I understand about the dem supporters of the war.  I lean that way mainly becuase of the BUSH admin.  Just think about the change that could be effected if the 9/11 thing was exposed the way you think it happened.  That's the only way this system will ever change.

I used to not be that optimistic about the chances of it coming out... but now, I KNOW it is coming out.  I would put money on it.

The mainstream media is very slowly but very surely embracing the 911 theory.  They have no choice but to do it eventually.  And it will come very soon. 

You'll notice that until the last 2 weeks' daily airplane terror stories, 911 stories were on every night and something was coming.  The "powers that be" shot their load with the UK story (we're still waiting for info on that one!), daily flight disructions, and today's crash.  But once people aren't scared by this anymore, the 911 news will be back on tv.

Did you know there are now REPUBLICANS running for office on a "reinvestigate 911" platform?  Five years ago, that would have been political suicide.  But today... well...

howard dean knows.  Remember in Sept 01 when he openly accused Bush of knowing about 911 ahead of time?  That's because Dean had access to the intelligence that came from other nations, and knows that bush ignored it.  Howard dean now runs the Dem party and he is just salivating at the chance to drop that load on bush...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 11:50:59 AM »

Did you know there are now REPUBLICANS running for office on a "reinvestigate 911" platform?  Five years ago, that would have been political suicide.  But today... well..

You know where I stand on this. I don't believe in a conspiracy.

But I will say that I've noticed how Republicans not only asked for an investigation, but ALSO claims that they think there is a conspiracy of some sort.

When even the Republican candidates are starting to use the 9-11 to win voters... It's an interesting media twist to it.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 12:17:50 PM »
But I will say that I've noticed how Republicans not only asked for an investigation, but ALSO claims that they think there is a conspiracy of some sort.

I don't follow.  Bush and the White House fought to prevent a 911 investigation.  It only started a year and a half AFTER the attacks, and only after teh widows protested, marched, and sued.  Bush did NOT want 911 investigated.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 12:20:39 PM »
Why hasn't bin laden denied the 911 plane attacks?
follow the arrows

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 12:26:34 PM »
Why hasn't bin laden denied the 911 plane attacks?

Bin laden DID deny it on Al Jazerra, right after 911.   Repeatedly.

He never publicly claimed responsibility for it.  The only thing that connects him to it, is that famous video which was not him. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 12:27:22 PM »
Ummat Interviews Usamah Bin-Ladin
28 September 2001

Bin-Ladin Denies Involvement in the 9/11 Attacks

http://911review.com/articles/usamah/khilafah.html

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 12:31:16 PM »
Interesting... but you'd think he would deny it mroe vehemently if he really had no hand in it (I havent checked the clip yet)
follow the arrows

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »
Interesting... but you'd think he would deny it mroe vehemently if he really had no hand in it (I havent checked the clip yet)

We were dropping bombs on Afghanistan 3 weeks after 9/11, I believe.  He spoke to reporters and went into hiding.  The Taliban agreed to give him up to the US - IF the US would show the world evidence that bin Laden was involved.

Instead of presenting this evidence and getting him delivererd, we bombed the shit out of them.

He probably died in December of 01.  It is argued what happened to him, but many longtime bin Laden analysts believe he is dead, since the inflection and subject matter on all audio tapes since Dec of 2001 have changed.  They do not believe it is him on those tapes released every now and then and verified by the CIA.

But, what would happen if they world believed he was dead?  Support for war would drop off.