Author Topic: Klansman Reinstated As State Trooper  (Read 5334 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Klansman Reinstated As State Trooper
« on: August 28, 2006, 03:23:45 PM »
He joined the Klan because his wife left him for a "minority."   ::) 

Klansman Reinstated As State Trooper
Court Orders Nebraska State Patrol To Rehire Man Fired For Klan Ties

OMAHA, Neb., Aug. 26, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(AP) Robert Henderson was not fired as a state trooper because he belonged to the Ku Klux Klan and another white supremacist group, authorities said.

Instead, he was ousted because he could not uphold public trust while participating in such groups, they said.

An arbitrator disagreed, ordering the State Patrol to reinstate Henderson within 60 days and pay him back wages. The state went to court Friday to keep him off the force.

"The integrity of Nebraska's law enforcement is at risk," Attorney General Jon Bruning said at news conference in Lincoln. "The Constitution does not require law enforcement to employ anyone tied to the KKK."

In a summary of the causes for firing Henderson in March, the State Patrol said membership in the KKK "seriously compromised" Henderson's ability to do his job.

Henderson and the state troopers union appealed and, under its contract, went to binding arbitration, to get his job back.

Arbitrator Paul J. Caffera, a New York lawyer, last week overturned the firing.

He said Henderson was entitled to his First Amendment rights of free speech and that the state violated the troopers' contract, in part when it fired Henderson "because of his association with the Knights Party ... and the Ku Klux Klan."

According to a copy of Caffera's ruling, Henderson was interviewed by a patrol captain in February. He confirmed he had been a member of the Knights Party since June 2004 and made postings on its members-only Web site while off-duty.

Henderson also said he had joined the KKK, according to the arbitrator's report. He did so, he said, for two reasons: His wife had "divorced him for a minority" and the KKK gave him an avenue to vent his frustration.

Attempts to reach Henderson on Friday were unsuccessful. The state troopers union refused to comment, referring calls to its attorney, Vincent Valentino.

Valentino said Henderson has resigned his Knights Party membership and apologized to the State Patrol commander, Col. Bryan Tuma. The attorney also said Bruning and Tuma blew Henderson's membership and activities out of proportion.

"Bob Henderson wasn't running around in a sheet and hood," he said.

Besides, Valentino said, "State employees have a right to think in private what they think."

Tuma said a review of Henderson's record showed no pattern of bias or misconduct against minorities.

"There were no concerns whatsoever that he was engaged in any profiling or any biased treatment of any minority," he said.

Nonetheless, Bruning said, "This trooper can join the KKK, but he can't remain a trooper while he is a member."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/26/national/main1936778.shtml

Mr. Intenseone

Re: Klansman Reinstated As State Trooper
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 04:07:36 PM »
Maybe Sen. Robert Bird swore him in :-\!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 04:17:10 PM »
Interesting, ...especially since the Klan is listed as a terrorist organization.
Looks good.  ::)
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 10:35:22 PM »
I guess the moral is don't get pulled over in NE. With the way courts rule these days, stuff like this doesn't surprise me.
L

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 10:38:59 PM »
Interesting, ...especially since the Klan is listed as a terrorist organization.
Looks good.  ::)

Yes, but it doesn't look good for you.....

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 11:04:13 PM »
Yeah but Law Enforcement should not be involved in extremist groups. This guy should have been let go.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 11:14:25 PM »
I agree.  The First Amendment doesn't allow you to say and do whatever you want.  If you want to join the KKK, you don't get to be a cop IMO.  There are plenty of other things a bigot can do, like post dozens of messages a day on a public message board. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 11:18:28 PM »
There are plenty of other things a bigot can do, like post dozens of messages a day on a public message board. 

Or become a Senator in the Democratic party :-\!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 11:20:26 PM »
Or become a Senator in the Democratic party :-\!!

Or become a Senator in the Republican party.  [Strom Thurmond]   :-\

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 11:22:00 PM »
Or become a Senator in the Republican party.  [Strom Thurmond]   :-\

It was Robert Bird that was head of the KKK!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 11:31:49 PM »
It was Robert Bird that was head of the KKK!

It was Strom Thurmond who ran for president as a white supremacist.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 12:07:01 AM »
On a related note George W. Bush's grandpa did work for the Nazi Party.
S

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 03:54:01 AM »
The USA looks better and better everyday.  :P
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 03:56:14 AM »
Oh gimme a break jag....I know .....Canada is perfect
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 05:52:02 AM »
Oh gimme a break jag....I know .....Canada is perfect

Give YOU a break? What does it have to do with you?
...and no Canada isn't perfect, ...but it's a heckuva lot closer than the USA!  :P

Now ...if you guys actually started applying your 'Constitution',
rather than ripping it up at every turn, you might stand a chance of having "a more perfect union"  :)
w

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 06:28:30 AM »
Give YOU a break? What does it have to do with you?
...and no Canada isn't perfect, ...but it's a heckuva lot closer than the USA!  :P

Why don't you post more about the good things of Canada than things you see as negative in America?

It seems you revel in them.

Sorry Jag, it's just weird to me. :-\
R

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 06:40:07 AM »
Why don't you post more about the good things of Canada than things you see as negative in America?

DING DING DING DING...WE HAVE A GREAT IDEA...more positive less negative.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 08:51:54 AM »
I agree.  So it's not just me.   :)  It does appear to be an obsession with Jag. 

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 10:01:52 AM »
I have an obsession with Judi's butt. Is that unhealthy?  ???

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 10:52:55 AM »

STella, I'm not really all that jingoistic. I didn't start this thread, and I truly don't care to point out negatives things about America ...however I feel compelled on occassion to inject truths into the dialogue, which heretofore don't appear to have been considered.

When I see people trying to characterize and then dismiss sane, rational, individuals who suspect their media may be attempting to lie and manipulate them, then I think it is relevant to disclose the fact that bribery of the media is infact a reality of life in the USA.

No STella, I don't revel in it at all. Infact, I would prefer not to be the bearer of bad news. I don't revel in it, but I think it's necessary to on occasion share this because it provides a framework, and a more accurate paradigmn from which to view the opinions of someone who others are trying just a little too hard to discredit imo.

I don't enjoy doing it, ...and quite frankly would much rather prefer if more Americans spoke up about the truths they've kept quiet about. I find it hard to believe that some of these facts are so foreign to you guys, ...and I truly dred the thought that they might infact be if the relative silence and lack of alternative perspectives is any indication. I often try to avoid it, but sometimes can get blue-in-the-face keeping quiet about what I know. I've sat here on occasion and figuratively bit my lip til it bled, rather than disclose certain things knowing how they will be received. I'll be the first to admit I did go a little beserk on Sunday, but being subjected to endless rotations of Sean Hannity & Rush Limbaugh, can drive any sane, rational person to become a little 'outraged'  ;) Sometimes ya just gotta let it out!  :D

As for my interest in American affairs, my life is impacted by America. I, along with most people worldwide, realize (and I'm sad to say) that the American people have lost control of her government. America's actions have broad impact & ramifications for countries right around the globe, and with both of our nations so closely tied, what goes on in your country, invariably impacts my own. I have no intention of getting caught with my panties down.

You may consider it wierd, but I, along with most non-Americans like to stay informed, and quite frankly we consider the general apathy and isolationism of America & Americans at the street level, American ignorance about their neighbours on this planet, as well as your willingnessness to hungrily lap up the preposterous lies that have been spoonfed to you by your government (those who are supposed to be your servants), etc., ...especially when the truth is right in front of your eyes, ...to me/us that's wierd.

But that's ok STella, ...even though you're wierd, I still wuv you.  :-*

Just think of my voice as an alternative perspective to consider, ...or not.   :)

I've said it before in this forum, and I believe it to be true:

Any mind that says I'm not going to even LOOK at the evidence, I'm simply going to dismiss it outright because it's different is a conditioned mind, ...one that is unbelievably imprisoned while thinking it's free. We are given a conditioned reality that is sooo different from what is actually happening that that gap, that chasm between what we are conditioned from cradle to grave to believe is reality, and what's actually going on is so great, that many people are unable to make the leap. That's not by accident. That's by design.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 10:54:49 AM »
I have an obsession with Judi's butt. Is that unhealthy?  ???

{LOL} That all depends, ...are you looking to kiss it, ...or kick it?   :-\
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 10:56:01 AM »
can i squeeze it?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 10:58:27 AM »
The USA looks better and better everyday.  :P

Ahhhhh, ...I see the problem. I hit the " :P" instead of the " ::)"

...well they shouldn't be so close together!  >:(
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 11:00:23 AM »
can i squeeze it?

Miggy, I thought you wanted a little mouth-to-mouth before you got into the hands-on training.  ;)
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 11:00:31 AM »
{LOL} That all depends, ...are you looking to kiss it, ...or kick it?   :-\

I thought we'd start with some gentle biting and see what we can slide in later.  :)