Author Topic: Steroids to heaven.  (Read 4970 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Steroids to heaven.
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 10:52:12 PM »
See, this can be opened for discussion.  Yes I agree that the line is sometimes difficult to draw from a medical perspective.  In general, we might say that some drugs have more of an addictive potential than others.  For example, there would be not much of a comparison between steroids and crystal meth or heroin for example, in terms of physical addiction.
I agree.

It's kind of like the debate on whether or not weed causes physical addiction. Most stoners will say no even though some have trouble sleeping when they stop smoking. That's evidence for physical dependence IMO.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 01:27:12 AM »
Testosterone influences dopamine levels in the brain. People with low test levels such as people coming off a cycle feel unmotivated, amongst the many other physical and mental effects due to low testosterone.

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 03:47:01 AM »
hmm this is a tricky one...i suppose steroids will cause some kind of physical symptoms when coming off due to the lower test levels resulting in not feeling so good and the testes not working in the same way(which is a physical symptom) but i think it is mainly a mental thing.with heroin and other opiate based painkillers your body gets used to having these levels of opiates in the body so when these opiates arent coming in anymore it causes horrible physical symptoms as the body tries to adjust to not having the opiates in your body(vomiting,constipation followed by diarrhea,shivers and shakes caused by blood flow not pumping as quick which makes you feel cold,stomach cramps,sweating etc etc..)these are real symptoms which cause serious pain and distress not to mention the mental dependance and the depression people feel after the physical withdrawal is over

so if your comparing it to that then no way is there physical symptoms worth noting but i suppose there are small physical symptoms, i would say it is more of a mental addiction which causes you to feel like your getting physical symptoms...but that is just my oppinion
8) B.B.C. 8)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 06:27:32 AM »
Matt C has no clue what he is talking about ::)

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 06:42:51 AM »
Matt C has no clue what he is talking about ::)
do you?
8) B.B.C. 8)

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2006, 06:45:02 AM »
hmm this is a tricky one...i suppose steroids will cause some kind of physical symptoms when coming off due to the lower test levels resulting in not feeling so good
I've heard of people killing themselves over this. That's not good.
T

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2006, 01:22:34 PM »
Simply saying that doesn't further this debate.  Do you care to actually counter any of my points?  Bigger Business seems to be confused with the distinction between physical withdrawal symptoms and mental addiction.  I am supremely confident that I would win this debate if there was one but as of yet there is no debate to speak of.
i dont think a lot of people realise exactly how bad physical withdrawal symptoms are so they might think the miniscule things that happen when people come off juice are actual physical symptoms.actual physical symptoms are like the ones i posted above or the symptoms when people are dependent on benzodiazapine drugs which can actually kill you in extreme circumstances if someone just stops them without medical help.mental symptoms and physical symptoms are very different things.some people say cocaine is physically addictive which it isnt its just mental you can just stop taking it if you have the willpower and you wont get any symptoms whatsoever.that doesnt mean its easy though but it doesnt make it physical.
8) B.B.C. 8)

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2006, 01:40:32 PM »
Exactly!!  I think that explains the confusion in this thread quite well.  Certain drugs will result in things like seizures in regards to physical withdrawal.  Steroids are simply unlike that, and while cocaine can be quite an addictive drug, the general debate seems to suggest that it is only addictive mentally.  A person who is strong willed enough will be able to discontinue its use with no physical symptoms.  Further, a person who is strong willed enough will not need it in their life to begin with.
yes people take drugs to fulfil something missing in there life,to give them something they dont already have.a lot of people take a drug like coke for the boost in confidence it gives them and thats where the addiction comes in (if your going to get addicted) because they feel they need it for any social situation they find themselves in,thats why they find it hard to come off.that is just one example but most addictions are because of someone using to fill a gap and yes if someone is strong willed enough they probably wont become dependant
8) B.B.C. 8)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2006, 02:02:21 PM »
Simply saying that doesn't further this debate.  Do you care to actually counter any of my points?  Bigger Business seems to be confused with the distinction between physical withdrawal symptoms and mental addiction.  I am supremely confident that I would win this debate if there was one but as of yet there is no debate to speak of.

First off are you natural? If yes did we have nothing to discuss. Move along

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2006, 02:03:35 PM »

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2006, 02:04:37 PM »
First off are you natural? If yes did we have nothing to discuss. Move along