Author Topic: Penn and Teller on exercise.  (Read 1305 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: Penn and Teller on exercise.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 07:03:28 PM »
This is a good series.  I like the one on second hand smoking the most.
One thing they fail to mention on the program is the importance of diet, in conjunction with a workout routine.  If someone can put on 60lbs of muscle with no drugs or lose 80lbs-100lbs of fat, I would say that is maxing out your genetics.  This is something very few ever do. 
The best comment is, "A lot of us would like to be fitness models, well no, very few of us would like to be fitness models.  We would actually like to do something with our lives."
I like when that Clark douchebag is training that woman.  Zero intesity, monster slow contraction reps, then telling her she has the "look" to be in a fitness magazine.  What a bullshitter.
I like the sales guys as well, like the 24hr Fitness chain.  My favorite is the "enrollment fee" and "processing fee", then paying your "last" month up front.  First two fees are garbage and paying your last month never really applies if you workout forever.  One thing about the Gold's chain, they never gave me any bullshit when I joined.  My renewal is locked in at $150 for the year, including tanning.  24 hour fitness are the biggest assclowns in the business.
Oh, lastly, I enjoy the spot reduction guys.  Hey, do a bunch of sit ups and you'll lose fat on your waistline.  Sometimes I tell people how this is false and they look at me in shock...unreal.
N

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 08:27:01 PM »
Check out their Eat this! episode on there too:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7592468947754427068
It's about bullshit fad diets
I min/max my physique

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 08:34:53 PM »
Met these guys a few times. The big loudmouth is a huge asshole. The silent guy doesn't say much. They peaked back in the '80's when they did some great stuff on SNL.

Special "Magic: The Ultimate Scam" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 12:27:14 AM »
Penn and Teller made retirement money by doing a 911 shill piece.