Author Topic: natural guys talkin junk about bodybuilders for using steroids are a joke  (Read 5699 times)

airrick

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Treat others the way you want to be treated.
it doesnt really matter who is juicing or not!  just live with it.  if you prefer not to juice then dont fucking hate on people who juice.  If you wanna juice and you cant find a hook up, then find one and shut the fuck up.  if you juice, then hey, youre juicin LOL.. have a great workout!

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
I understand why you'd get upset when people say it's "all drugs". However, you've just disrespected every natural out there, basically doing what has been done to you and other bbers. Not cool. Natural bbers have to work their asses off, just like their juiced up counter parts, maybe even more so, given that they have no "help".

What is the difference between what you do and what they do (natural bbers), other than the drugs? Do they not train hard? Do they not have to diet? Sure, they don't have the mass that users do, but so what? To each his own.

Also, why do their comments bother you so much? Is it true, that you or the others are "all drugs"? Otherwise, just laugh it off. You know how hard you work. Sure, some are just jealous, and some are just ignorant or assholes. Regardless, you know what it takes. Just let it go. Don't take this board too seriously.

Now as far as the people making the "drug" comments go, well hell, I've been acused of being "on" and I'm nothing special. I just bust my ass and bring everything I got to the gym and leave it there. It's usually the 150lb weakling/sissies who just come in and do curls to try to impress their girls.

Haters will always exist, no matter what you do.

Excellent post. And you're absolutely right. By saying that because someone is natural, they're not a real bodybuilder, you're validating the "haters". You're saying that what makes a bodybuilder is the drugs, not all the hard work, the hours in the gym and the life structured around perfecting your body. When you choose to make that commitment, when you choose to change your lifestyle to one that focuses on training, eating and sleeping, that's what makes you a bodybuilder. By jmt1's logic, my years of hard work and toils and perservernce don't make me a bodybuilder, but if some frat boy shoves a needle into his ass, trains just bi's and chest and continues to live off of pizza and beer, he's a bodybuilder. I think that's BS. I'm natural, and I'm proud of that fact. I'm proud of the gains that I've gotten. Do I think steroids are dangerous? If abused, yes. Do I begrudge other people who use them? No, not if used properly. I think there is a problem in that frequently they are not. I don't think kids in high school should be taking them. I don't think people who have just started training should be taking them. I don't think that drugs should be the foundation of a physique. A foundation should be hard work, determination, and discipline. If and when someone comes to the point when their genetics will take them no further, then it is up to them to decide whether to juice or not, and I respect their right to weigh their options and make their own decision. It's one I will have to make one day, but not yet. jmt1, but lashing out against natural bodybuilders, you're only reinforcing the negative stereotypes that the outside world has of bodybuilding. The rest of the world think that all of our muscles, natural or not, come from a bottle. You're being just as ignorant and closed minded as they are, but much much worse, because you know better. Steroids is something that everyone has their own opinion on, and everyone is entitled to that opinion and to make whatever choices they want in regards to their body. Whether someone chooses to use steroids or not does not make them any better or worse. It is not a negative or positive trait, it simply is something that they have chosen to do or not do, and everyone is entitled to that. We can pass judgement about how someone goes about using steroids, whether or not they are doing it safely and whether or not they were ready to take that step, but I do not think it is right to pass judgement on them for making the choice itself. That's like looking down on people for drinking beer, or not drinking beer. Either is valid, and neither is a wrong choice. It is only when it becomes alcohol abuse that anyone can pass judgement.
That's my two cents, and then some
I min/max my physique

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Excellent post. And you're absolutely right. By saying that because someone is natural, they're not a real bodybuilder, you're validating the "haters". You're saying that what makes a bodybuilder is the drugs, not all the hard work, the hours in the gym and the life structured around perfecting your body. When you choose to make that commitment, when you choose to change your lifestyle to one that focuses on training, eating and sleeping, that's what makes you a bodybuilder. By jmt1's logic, my years of hard work and toils and perservernce don't make me a bodybuilder, but if some frat boy shoves a needle into his ass, trains just bi's and chest and continues to live off of pizza and beer, he's a bodybuilder. I think that's BS. I'm natural, and I'm proud of that fact. I'm proud of the gains that I've gotten. Do I think steroids are dangerous? If abused, yes. Do I begrudge other people who use them? No, not if used properly. I think there is a problem in that frequently they are not. I don't think kids in high school should be taking them. I don't think people who have just started training should be taking them. I don't think that drugs should be the foundation of a physique. A foundation should be hard work, determination, and discipline. If and when someone comes to the point when their genetics will take them no further, then it is up to them to decide whether to juice or not, and I respect their right to weigh their options and make their own decision. It's one I will have to make one day, but not yet. jmt1, but lashing out against natural bodybuilders, you're only reinforcing the negative stereotypes that the outside world has of bodybuilding. The rest of the world think that all of our muscles, natural or not, come from a bottle. You're being just as ignorant and closed minded as they are, but much much worse, because you know better. Steroids is something that everyone has their own opinion on, and everyone is entitled to that opinion and to make whatever choices they want in regards to their body. Whether someone chooses to use steroids or not does not make them any better or worse. It is not a negative or positive trait, it simply is something that they have chosen to do or not do, and everyone is entitled to that. We can pass judgement about how someone goes about using steroids, whether or not they are doing it safely and whether or not they were ready to take that step, but I do not think it is right to pass judgement on them for making the choice itself. That's like looking down on people for drinking beer, or not drinking beer. Either is valid, and neither is a wrong choice. It is only when it becomes alcohol abuse that anyone can pass judgement.
That's my two cents, and then some
Well said.
That said, I would not consider the majority of juicers "bodybuilders".  So few people really push their genetics to the limits.  To do that, is almost impossible really.  Until you eat 8 meals per day, get 8 hours sleep, train like an animal every set of every workout, do this every day for a few years...you should be just about maxed out genetically.  How many people actually do that first, before taking gear?
N

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: natural guys talkin junk about bodybuilders for using steroids are a joke
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 06:38:58 AM »
I had a friend who was small,  like 135lbs 14% bodyfat at 5 10" and he had been working out for a few years, and he started juicing.  Within 6-7 months he was 175lbs at 8-10% bodyfat.  Certainly no mass monster but a big difference in a short period of time.  He was benching 315lbs for a max.    Then he came off and shrunk down fast.  He stopped working out all together because he was discouraged with losing his gains.  I see him in the gym on occasion training with light weights, but he doesn't work out consistently anymore.

I have competed in "natural shows" on five occasions.  Drug free.  At 195 lbs, I can bench 315 for 8-reps, squat clean about 505lbs and often get accused of taking drugs.  Since I am only 5'8", I am thick and simply outwork these people, the ones on the sauce. 

I see these dumb kids 19-25 taking the sauce and it doing nothing for them.  Sure they get big, and my friends are like "look at that guy" and I simply say "wait 6 months and see what that idiots looks like".  6 months later they are a shadow of their former self and I still own them. 

It is only a few guys I have seen that take roids that ever really benefit.  Those that work their butt off.  But you know what?  As soon as they go off, they are done and a much smaller version of their old self. 

Plus, most of the guys I know that take roids barely have a pt to piss in, don't even have $2,500.00 in the bank, and barely can afford their car payment.

Its embarassing if you ask me.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 06:57:51 AM »
they just have monster insecurity and jealousy...natural bodybuilding is a joke...98% of them look like nothing...especially when they attempt to diet for one of these natural bodybuilding shows

Insecurity?  Let me tell you something my ill-informed friend, I'm natural for LIFE and I would put my physique right now (4 weeks out) up against ANY DAMN THING you have ever accomplished.  Why?  Because I LIVE this shit.  Period.  I eat the diet YEAR ROUND.  I do at LEAST 45 minutes of cardio a day year ROUND.  I dictate my whole life around my training and diet.  Why?  Because it's my PASSION.  It's my LIFESTYLE.

Let me tell you what I have ZERO respect for...

Every gym has MANY of them...a BLOATED, fat-assed, drug-abusing POS that thinks they are above everyone else.  No cardio...no lines.  No diet...no lines.  No intensity in training...no lines.  If I had a damn DIME for every sorry-assed, apathetic SUCKER I've seen in the gym who has thought that drugs will take his pimple having, bloated, ball-shrunken ass to the PROMISED LAND over the last 10 years I'd have enough money to BUY Kamali AND Kovacs some plastic surgery that would fix their destroyed physiques. 

You can't BUY what I have.  You can't INJECT towards what I have (because  the side-effects will show).  You can't HATE on me for what I have (unless you want to disrespect guys that outwork you).  I am superior to you in ever way you can imagine.  The only way YOU could be like me would be for us to have the same parents (STEP on THEM for what you are now, not natural guys).  Step back in line and ask God to hand you our DIFFERENT GENES if you are gonna hate on a lifetime natural guy like me.  I wonder how guys like you look in the MIRROR without throwing up.  You KNOW it's all a LIE.  All of it...the bloat...the strength...the size...it all follows your needle.  You couldn't hold my damn LIFTING STRAPS and I compare you to any drug-addict.

In short, life is too short to look in the mirror several times a day and say, "Shit, I use a TON of shit and that guy looks better than me.  That bastard...."

What an apathetic SOB you are.  You represent everything that is WRONG with "bodybuilding" and I LAUGH at you and guys like you.  You can hate me all you want but you will damn sure respect me.

MONSTER TRUTH!

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2006, 07:20:57 AM »
There are shitbags in natural as well as pros and others go figure.It's the fuckin world,as they say on getbig it's all a joke and anyone who takes this place serious is a Shitbag so take a number.

pay attention ego crusher, she is talking about you.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2006, 07:30:30 AM »

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2006, 07:35:12 AM »
I have competed in "natural shows" on five occasions.  Drug free.  At 195 lbs, I can bench 315 for 8-reps, squat clean about 505lbs and often get accused of taking drugs.  Since I am only 5'8", I am thick and simply outwork these people, the ones on the sauce. 

I see these dumb kids 19-25 taking the sauce and it doing nothing for them.  Sure they get big, and my friends are like "look at that guy" and I simply say "wait 6 months and see what that idiots looks like".  6 months later they are a shadow of their former self and I still own them. 

It is only a few guys I have seen that take roids that ever really benefit.  Those that work their butt off.  But you know what?  As soon as they go off, they are done and a much smaller version of their old self. 

Plus, most of the guys I know that take roids barely have a pt to piss in, don't even have $2,500.00 in the bank, and barely can afford their car payment.

Its embarassing if you ask me.

Being short and stocky definitely helps. I'm 5' 6" and 195, and my workout partner is 6' 1", and we've both noticed that it's easier for me to put on weight. Part of it is genetics (poor guy is all ecto all the time) but a lot of it is that I can just move more weight than him because my structure is better for it. I work on a college campus that has the second largest fraternity/sorority system in the world, so there are plenty of frat guys and ROTC guys around that juice. It's sad because most of them are taking way too much for the level that they're at, and they end up with physiques that aren't as big or look as good as my workout partner and I, and they look even worse off the sauce.
I min/max my physique

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2006, 08:28:05 AM »
To each his own. If a person chooses to use steriods its their business and no one elses.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2006, 08:49:33 AM »
To each his own. If a person chooses to use steriods its their business and no one elses.

And the State, in many places its considered a controlled substance and you can face criminal charges for possession.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2006, 08:57:09 AM »
And the State, in many places its considered a controlled substance and you can face criminal charges for possession.

Thats why you stash it at the doc's office LoL
Watching The Haters

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2006, 09:04:27 AM »
Thats why you stash it at the doc's office LoL

A doctor is not covered if he is knowingly assisting in the commision of a crime.

Same as a lawyer, you are not covered by attorney-client privelge if the lawyer is helping you commit a crime.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2006, 09:07:31 AM »
A doctor is not covered if he is knowingly assisting in the commision of a crime.

Same as a lawyer, you are not covered by attorney-client privelge if the lawyer is helping you commit a crime.

Who says said person is breaking the law if everytime they get their blood work done it is at the end of their cycle when there test levels are almost non-existant....It does work...It just takes timing like contest prep LoL.... ;D
Watching The Haters

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2006, 09:13:24 AM »
Take getbig with a grain of salt but we are much more real than any other board because we won't get banned or labelled a blithering idiot for having an opinion.  ::)

This is a very insecure industry.  Most pros need mayhem the way a cokehead needs coke but deep down they know the real world exists and they still come here and read everything we have to say daily.  And guess what?  They only really truly care about what WE have to say.

When I say you look good - you look good.  When I say you have a good attitude or are a people's champ - you are.  In general when I say you are a good pro - you are.  People reading what I write know that and give credence to what I say.  The same can't be said for some of the bag lickers on mayhem, and I am certainly not the only one here who keeps it real.  That is what people love about getbig.

LOTS of bodybuilders including more than one pro has sent me a PM about how they like what I have to write.  Anyone who keeps it real will ultimately be respected.

Mayhem is as real as those bodybuilders who kept saying their ass are natural....lol ;D
Get Big, or Die Trying

body88

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2006, 09:19:55 AM »
Let me make this correct.....

Actually you didn't. No matter how much "juice" you take it will have an effect on you later in life. You may do small cycles and get all your bloodwork done have docs telling you you are healthy as a horse. Come see me when you are 70. Well if you make it that far. I don't "hate" on juicers. I could give a shit about it. But to deny it has zero effects if done responsibly is laughable. Less effects? Yep. None? never.

Hope this helps.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »
Insecurity?  Let me tell you something my ill-informed friend, I'm natural for LIFE and I would put my physique right now (4 weeks out) up against ANY DAMN THING you have ever accomplished.  Why?  Because I LIVE this shit.  Period.  I eat the diet YEAR ROUND.  I do at LEAST 45 minutes of cardio a day year ROUND.  I dictate my whole life around my training and diet.  Why?  Because it's my PASSION.  It's my LIFESTYLE.

Let me tell you what I have ZERO respect for...

Every gym has MANY of them...a BLOATED, fat-assed, drug-abusing POS that thinks they are above everyone else.  No cardio...no lines.  No diet...no lines.  No intensity in training...no lines.  If I had a damn DIME for every sorry-assed, apathetic SUCKER I've seen in the gym who has thought that drugs will take his pimple having, bloated, ball-shrunken ass to the PROMISED LAND over the last 10 years I'd have enough money to BUY Kamali AND Kovacs some plastic surgery that would fix their destroyed physiques. 

You can't BUY what I have.  You can't INJECT towards what I have (because  the side-effects will show).  You can't HATE on me for what I have (unless you want to disrespect guys that outwork you).  I am superior to you in ever way you can imagine.  The only way YOU could be like me would be for us to have the same parents (STEP on THEM for what you are now, not natural guys).  Step back in line and ask God to hand you our DIFFERENT GENES if you are gonna hate on a lifetime natural guy like me.  I wonder how guys like you look in the MIRROR without throwing up.  You KNOW it's all a LIE.  All of it...the bloat...the strength...the size...it all follows your needle.  You couldn't hold my damn LIFTING STRAPS and I compare you to any drug-addict.

In short, life is too short to look in the mirror several times a day and say, "Shit, I use a TON of shit and that guy looks better than me.  That bastard...."

What an apathetic SOB you are.  You represent everything that is WRONG with "bodybuilding" and I LAUGH at you and guys like you.  You can hate me all you want but you will damn sure respect me.
I'm not a lifetime natural, but agree with you 100%.  Must blow to take a bunch of shit, then some natural guy wastes you...oh brother.  I see it every day and enjoy it. ;D  Hardcore, doesn't equal juice and slamming your weights.
N