Author Topic: Team USA couldn't quite pull through  (Read 5163 times)

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
Re: Team USA couldn't quite pull through
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 11:09:43 AM »
Bullshit.  Very few of these international players are first time guys. Most have played on the team for years, fact.  Comparing that to guys who have played together for a few weeks is ridiclous. 
The team concept (am I repeating myself) is the reason.  When playing defense you have to rely on others to rotate over, jump out off of screens, etc... but that comes with having a philosophy that is taught over time....not 3 weeks. You make it sound like the US team had months to practice, which they did not.
?
I was just saying that imo the "experience" of playing togheter longer wasn't the conclusive factor. They don't play for the national team all year long. You have something as a regular season as well in Europe...
There are a bunch of reasons listed in this thread that are more important imo.
Like i said the USA was cautious to not make the same mistakes as previous times and probably took as much preparation as the rest of the other teams.
$

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 11:20:02 AM »
Carmelo had an open 3 with 16 (?) seconds left in the game when they were only down by 4.  That could have made it within 1.  So even though the rules and team game hurt the USA, it was still quite close.  In a rematch, my money would be on the US.  Greece had a sick hot streak in Q 2 and Q3.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 11:24:58 AM »
In a 3,5,or 7 games series, you'd be a fool not to pick the USA team to beat even the likes of Argentina, Puerto Rico, or Greece. 

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 11:26:29 AM »
Carmelo had an open 3 with 16 (?) seconds left in the game when they were only down by 4.  That could have made it within 1.  So even though the rules and team game hurt the USA, it was still quite close.  In a rematch, my money would be on the US.  Greece had a sick hot streak in Q 2 and Q3.

I agree, and I think that said alot for this team that basically had to improvise as they went along and adjust on the fly.

Greece was hitting on all cylinders man. Mofo's had like a "DRIVE BY" Pick and roll offense. LMAO!

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »
 ;D  Im GREEK and i LOVE IT!  Team USA shouldnt of taken Greece lightly, they are the European champs.

WOW..what a win....

World Talent has just caught up, thats all.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2006, 12:20:23 PM »
;D  Im GREEK and i LOVE IT!  Team USA shouldnt of taken Greece lightly, they are the European champs.

WOW..what a win....

World Talent has just caught up, thats all.

I thought you were American?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2006, 05:57:09 PM »
In a 3,5,or 7 games series, you'd be a fool not to pick the USA team to beat even the likes of Argentina, Puerto Rico, or Greece. 

But its one game and out. :'(
The House that Ruth built

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2006, 02:56:15 AM »
Spain just beat Argentine. I was expecting the Olympic champions to come through, but Spain has been playing excellent and deserve it as well. Argentine was one point behind, ginobili made a drive and passed outside. Open shot, but he missed. It must suck to go down like that...

Pau Gasol played excellent but left the game with an injury.

Now that Gasol is out i think Greece will win it. Even though Spain just beat Argentine, which is probably a better team than Greece.
$

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2006, 10:35:19 AM »
If we would have had the best basketball player on the planet (Kobe) it would likely have been a different outcome. 

If Kobe plays in 08, we bring home the gold.  No doubt.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2006, 07:51:56 AM »
If we would have had the best basketball player on the planet (Kobe) it would likely have been a different outcome. 

If Kobe plays in 08, we bring home the gold.  No doubt.

By 08 Lebron will be better than a 30 year old Kobe.
The House that Ruth built

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2006, 12:52:24 PM »
By 08 Lebron will be better than a 30 year old Kobe.

We'll see.  Kobe is in a class by himself and will be there so long has he stays healthy.  Jordan was right around 30 or older before he won his first championship and dominated the basketball world. 

Although he's still very young, LeBron isn't nearly the closer or defender Kobe is.  He needs that Kobe killer instinct. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2006, 04:24:47 PM »
lebron has more tools than kobe.  he just needs that killer instinct.  kobe has turned into a cool blooded man since that rape accusation.  cold blooded men are the ones who will make the shot with a second left on the clock to win.  look at jordan when he played.  he had a snipers look in his eye, like he could kill a man. 

lebron's been trying hard to develop that.  once he does, he's gonna be incredible.