Author Topic: Lee Priest: Regarding DC Training Method  (Read 13393 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Lee Priest: Regarding DC Training Method
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 12:58:02 PM »
I'm not denying that juice is not a factor.  Of course it it.  But, he probably got more out of his juice doing the DC Workout.  Also, don't you think it's more important to give it all you got in the gym, as oppose to having fun.  Have fun after. I enjoy pushing myself everytime, and trying to beat the book.  Lastly, how long have you tried the DC workout?
obviously not long enough, if your saying this method is foolproof. I just know the basic outline of what it is, to tell you the truth I could have put a little effort into it and learn more about it but it just feels so different from what im used to.
bodybuildersreality.com

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 01:12:20 PM »
Think out of the box! You'll thank me later.  It is different, there is no denying it, but, what do you care as long as you grow.  Get yourself a training partner, and start beating the book. Don't forget to eat alot.  Take in 2lbs of protein for every lean pound of bodyweight.  Drink at least 2 gallons of water a day.  No complex carbs after 7 pm.  Come back in a few months and tell me how you're doing.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 02:24:16 PM »
Think out of the box! You'll thank me later.  It is different, there is no denying it, but, what do you care as long as you grow.  Get yourself a training partner, and start beating the book. Don't forget to eat alot.  Take in 2lbs of protein for every lean pound of bodyweight.  Drink at least 2 gallons of water a day.  No complex carbs after 7 pm.  Come back in a few months and tell me how you're doing.
2 POUNDS of protien for every pound of lean mass.....so i gotta eat 400lbs of protien a day?? haha i think you mean grams. haha! I need to understand DC a little more i think though.
bodybuildersreality.com

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2006, 02:25:48 PM »
yes sorry, 2 grams

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »
yes sorry, 2 grams
Where can i go that will SIMPLY tell me how to follow DC method. I know i wasn't doing what you probably do the last time I gave it a shot. What is it about DC that you like so much? besides the fact you gain.
bodybuildersreality.com

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2006, 03:02:07 PM »
There's no simple manual on it.  You ahve to go to intensemuscle.com, and research it.  read the stickies on the doggpound. It's a great program because it works, point blank!

SuperStu

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2006, 03:10:54 PM »
There's no simple manual on it.  You ahve to go to intensemuscle.com, and research it.  read the stickies on the doggpound. It's a great program because it works, point blank!
Well whats the general split??? how is it laid out???

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2006, 03:24:21 PM »
Basic Principles of DC training according to the founder Dante:

Heavy, progressive weights; lower volume but higher frequency of bodypart hits; multirep rest/pause training; extreme stretching; carb cutoffs; cardio; high protein intake and blasting and cruiding phases- periodization.

egoatdoor

• Getbig III
  • A thinking man's bodybuilder
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2006, 04:49:30 PM »
where can i read about what this DC stuff really is. just what it is basically and if i think it's interesting i'll read more.

There is also a very good article in the September issue of Flex Magazine. That and the intense muscle website will tell you all you need to know.

The nutritional part is also very important. 2 grams of protein for me was too extreme and frankly impossible because I have a real day job. 1 1/2 worked fine.

I was very skeptical at first, but the program worked wonders for me. It is so intense that 3 days a week is all you want to be in the gym. The other days you need to recover. After 4 weeks, I was totally wiped out.
Go hard or go home!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2006, 04:59:45 PM »
Basic Principles of DC training according to the founder Dante:

Heavy, progressive weights; lower volume but higher frequency of bodypart hits; multirep rest/pause training; extreme stretching; carb cutoffs; cardio; high protein intake and blasting and cruiding phases- periodization.

Wow incredible, he must be a mad scientist.No wonder he was voted  "Smartest Internet guru"  award since Dogshitcrap method came out. Applause .

Ok do what Lee and every REAL IFBB pro does and that's shut up and train.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2006, 06:55:57 AM »
2 POUNDS of protien for every pound of lean mass.....so i gotta eat 400lbs of protien a day?? haha i think you mean grams. haha! I need to understand DC a little more i think though.

I'd take this with a grain of salt.  I wouldn't just jump into eating this amount of protien right off the bat.  Start by doing a couple of easy things to get your protien intake up.  One of the basic rules is that you should consume your protien first, so if you have a chicken breast and a baked potato you would eat the breast first, maybe even a breast and a half.  then if you have room eat the baked potato.  Try to eat either protien/fats together or protien/carbs, try not to eat protien/fats/carbs..etc.  It's very hard to get in 2grams of protien per pound a day, I weigh about 205 and I get about 230 grams in on a good day but I don't kill myself to eat either.  There's a whole lot to this program, it's not really a cookie cutter way of doing things, you have to think a little more about what your doing, what's working and what isn't.  Alot of the methods have been around for years, like Lee said, it used to be called rest-pause but it's a little different than traditional rest-pause methods the rep range has been tweaked and other things.  I can go into more detail if anyone is interested.
nasser=piece of shit

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2006, 06:56:48 PM »
There is also a very good article in the September issue of Flex Magazine. That and the intense muscle website will tell you all you need to know.

The nutritional part is also very important. 2 grams of protein for me was too extreme and frankly impossible because I have a real day job. 1 1/2 worked fine.

I was very skeptical at first, but the program worked wonders for me. It is so intense that 3 days a week is all you want to be in the gym. The other days you need to recover. After 4 weeks, I was totally wiped out.

You can do 2 grams per lb. of bodyweight; but, you'd have to drink at least half of those grams (maybe even 2/3 of them).

egoatdoor

• Getbig III
  • A thinking man's bodybuilder
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2006, 03:08:19 AM »
You can do 2 grams per lb. of bodyweight; but, you'd have to drink at least half of those grams (maybe even 2/3 of them).

Why? 1.5 worked fine for me.
Go hard or go home!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006, 08:17:08 AM »
Why are you such a Troll?  Every thread I see you post on here, you are either bad mouthing someone or starting shit.  You honestly dont have repsect for anyone.
I would like to see you say something like that face to face with anyone on the furom and see how fast you get your ass kicked!
Classic keyboard warrior/big mouth. Usually works in inverse proportion to muscle & penis size.