Author Topic: Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin -DEAD!!!  (Read 16590 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin -DEAD!!!
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2006, 05:10:28 PM »
your right about the massive cattle stations, but he bought quality land that did support wildlife, future development sites etc.

it wouldnt be too difficult to find out where i guess...

its a sad day in Oz

ps yes we have wild camels up north and wild dogs well...i suppose so. Are dingos a wild dog?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2006, 05:13:13 PM »
RIP

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2006, 08:59:29 PM »
As you can imagine Irwin was an incredibly wealthy man...however instead of hookers and coke he spent a large portion of his money on land...if he owned it, it couldnt be developed. He was on his way to single handedly saving the australian environment...i guess now were fucked

not only a great entertainer but a passionate conservationist  :(
this is the part that most people dont understand, they just think he was a psychotic idiot with a deathwish playing it up for the cameras. he did more for conservation and nature than pretty much anyone, he was like that his whole life, he never sold out, never let his celebrity change himself or get in the way of his life's mission.
i have always been an animal/nature freak myself and i really appreciated and related to his efforts/message so this really hit me hard :'(

also, he didnt get killed doing something stupid or reckless; this was a true freak accident in every sense of the word. people, even tourists swim among stingrays every day. this should not have happened...what a shitty, tragic, undeserved way for him to go. some things ill never understand i guess.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2006, 09:07:29 PM »
Someone said..."A one in a trillion way to die for a one in a trillion guy"

I just heard that one of his friends just saw the footage and he apparently ripped the barb from his chest before becoming unconscious. I'm sure we'll all see it soon enough.

I can practically imagine his face when he did it!

a warrior to the end  :'(

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2006, 09:08:36 PM »
this is the part that most people dont understand, they just think he was a psychotic idiot with a deathwish playing it up for the cameras. he did more for conservation and nature than pretty much anyone, he was like that his whole life, he never sold out, never let his celebrity change himself or get in the way of his life's mission.
i have always been an animal/nature freak myself and i really appreciated and related to his efforts/message so this really hit me hard :'(

also, he didnt get killed doing something stupid or reckless; this was a true freak accident in every sense of the word. people, even tourists swim among stingrays every day. this should not have happened...what a shitty, tragic, undeserved way for him to go. some things ill never understand i guess.

great post...and avatar

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2006, 09:10:27 PM »

I just heard that one of his friends just saw the footage and he apparently ripped the barb from his chest before becoming unconscious. I'm sure we'll all see it soon enough.

one report i heard..from his producer who was there..... was that he was just swimming above it and the barb shot up in his chest and punctured his heart.  :-[

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2006, 05:53:25 AM »
Steve Irwin has died while filming a wildlife documentary.. Stung by a stingray.. :o
I saw that coming a long time ago. The way he fucks around with dangerous animals. He widowed a wife and two kids. Sad.

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2006, 06:59:57 AM »

I can practically imagine his face when he did it!

I'm hoping this is not the start of some revenge plot by Australian wildlife. This man could be next...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2006, 07:07:57 AM »
Cops said (to the effect of:) he wasn't provoking the stingray. Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but it's just not right for him to go. Very rare to see a man like him, as crazy as he was loving. I really didn't know him well, but form what I've seen since his death, he really was a gentle soul. That's something I admire.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2006, 03:47:19 PM »
 :'(  i loved him too!  what a f'ing shame!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2006, 02:21:52 PM »
RIP

The world lost a great conservationist and a family lost a great father.

He will be missed :'(
Flower Boy Ran Away

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2006, 02:04:44 AM »
steve was too damn passionate about his job..he took too many risks with wild animals.this guy was a true animal lover who gave everything he had to the world of wild animals..he was one of kind.people like steve come once ina million years.i also heard thsi guy was very humble and had a good nature.i feel like crying typing this.. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2006, 02:16:06 AM »
steve was too damn passionate about his job..he took too many risks with wild animals.this guy was a true animal lover who gave everything he had to the world of wild animals..he was one of kind.people like steve come once ina million years.i also heard thsi guy was very humble and had a good nature.i feel like crying typing this.. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I've lost it so many times since I heard the news  :'( He was really something extraordinary.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2006, 02:45:08 AM »
I'm hoping this is not the start of some revenge plot by Australian wildlife. This man could be next...

haha the bush tucker man is cool in a reserved, british SAS survival tips sorta way. The legend that was Steve Irwin is just more commercially viable tho.

It was amazing to see Howard so upset... god I love Australia.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Sljck-NjnjaRjder

• Getbig IV
  • Nobody is jealous of a loser!
We may see the Croc Hunter Video
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2006, 02:49:32 AM »
From some of the reports I have been reading, it looks as if his manager WILL be releasing the video bc Steve wanted people to see how he died bc he was doing what he loved.  I personally would only watch it just to see if what I have in my mind is correct.

I was also reading, as it was posted earlier, that he was swimming only about 3 feet away from this animal (which is close IMO), and the thing just moved and nailed him right in the chest with its barb, and Steve pulled the barb out with his hands immediately, looked at the camera, and then it was over, he died.  That has to be tough to watch.  Guy in perfect condition, doing what he loves, doing his job....then split second later, DEAD and didnt even see it coming!  Wow.
Sleep Big.

tingnting

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Let it snow..!
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2006, 10:40:50 AM »
Atleast he didn't die of anything serious...!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2006, 02:49:01 PM »
At least it happened this way and not with him an alligator... it was quick shit poor steve couldve been ripped apart by a gator. Shit it couldve happened at his park in front of all the tourists.. that would've been really bad. R.I.P. steve but damn it was good it went down like this...

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2006, 01:20:40 AM »
steve irwin was a great man.

but has anyone else noticed that since he died gas prices have went down i always knew he was behind the whole damn thing ;D