Author Topic: Do you think BSN will 'poach' the next Mr. Olympia?  (Read 3084 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Do you think BSN will 'poach' the next Mr. Olympia?
« on: September 04, 2006, 08:30:49 PM »
No doubt they've become a successfull company with thanks to Big Ron, but since there's a chance that he'll either be beaten this year or his immenent retirement they have the budget to go after whoever comes through. Their reputation is based on having the number 1 athletes...I believe and hope they do...

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Do you think BSN will 'poach' the next Mr. Olympia?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 08:33:45 PM »
I always thought that Tony Freeman would be great for BSN. No more of those stupid shot gun ads he currently does
Here comes the money shot

thisiskeith12

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:36:10 PM »
Toney's pec tear is too visible. They need someone BETTER.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 08:50:14 PM »
No doubt they've become a successfull company with thanks to Big Ron, but since there's a chance that he'll either be beaten this year or his immenent retirement they have the budget to go after whoever comes through. Their reputation is based on having the number 1 athletes...I believe and hope they do...

That's not necessarily so. Remember that MET-Rx lost Ronnie Coleman right after he won the Mr. Olympia.

In fact, I can only recall one ad, that MET-Rx had with him after his win. It was simply a white page, Coleman in a red jacket, standing over his Sandow, and the MET-Rx logo underneath. He went to Weider shortly afterward.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 09:16:06 PM »
That's not necessarily so. Remember that MET-Rx lost Ronnie Coleman right after he won the Mr. Olympia.

In fact, I can only recall one ad, that MET-Rx had with him after his win. It was simply a white page, Coleman in a red jacket, standing over his Sandow, and the MET-Rx logo underneath. He went to Weider shortly afterward.

Thats exactly what Im saying. The head of bsn will be waiting in the wings with his cheque book and two promo girls in all their cameltoe splendor when the next O is announced

They should sign Martinez now while he's cheap ;)

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 09:27:03 PM »
Thats exactly what Im saying. The head of bsn will be waiting in the wings with his cheque book and two promo girls in all their cameltoe splendor when the next O is announced

Very good analysis.....Martinez has everything it takes to be top of the world....If he ever came in perfect condition the rest of the competition would have to just watch in awe of amazement.....
Watching The Haters

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 04:45:58 AM »
I don't think they'd have Martinez - his reputation's somewhat tarnished with the drug issue. They wouldn't want a bad-boy as their figurehead. They'd probably try and poach Jay if he wins the O or even Phil Heath.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 08:11:22 AM »

Your crazy -

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 08:11:59 AM »

He is a bad choice

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 08:17:24 AM »

Ronnie's belly is more visible. Tony - speaks better

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 04:50:10 PM »
Ronnie's belly is more visible. Tony - speaks better

that is not a belly, that is a "mountain of ebony muscle"
Here comes the money shot

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 05:34:01 PM »
that is not a belly, that is a "mountain of ebony muscle"

Your drunk  - hahahhahahaha

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 05:45:43 PM »
It's extremely funny, yet sad - we're discussing how a guy like Vic The Rat isn't going to win the Olympia due to his criminal record.

Like it's a pregone conclusion.

And we're right. Like hell the best physique is gonna win the Olympia.

The Weider people are horny for dynasties, and will pick an athlete to be the ruler for the next 3-5 years.

Perhaps Cutler will get 1-2 Sandows in between Coleman retirement and the next dynasty, but it's all too predictable.

My guess is that Jim Manion is currently telling Phil Heath to up the dosage, to come in much bigger, and if he does this, he will be the next Mr O.

Since, for some reason, the Mr O has to be the biggest bodybuilder on earth... ::) Not the best.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 06:06:10 PM »

Isn't that we have Muscletech trying to do?
Motherboy (the band).

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 06:14:33 PM »
My guess is that Jim Manion is currently telling Phil Heath to up the dosage, to come in much bigger, and if he does this, he will be the next Mr O.

You're guess is wrong Hog. I heard Jim tell Phil not to play the size game and try to get too big too quick. Just keep doing his thing and not mess up his physique.

I do agree that guys try to get bigger for the Olympia and I chalked that up to Ronnie continually winning.
Elevate Your Image.™

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 06:19:43 PM »
Muscletech sponsors a lot of athletes, basically figuring that they can small investments in these guys and anytime one of them ups the dosage and then does well in a show or something they can tie it to a supplement they have waiting in the wings. I heard a rumor that they had to file Chapter 12 and re-finance last year since they were overspending, so I doubt we'll see many new MT athletes anytime soon, with the exception of Paul Dillett (bad investment IMO).

I've asked my sources at BSN about what their game plan is if Ronnie loses, and there's nothing in the works right now to snatch up the new Mr. O. I think they figure that all of the contenders for that top spot have contracts already. They seem to like to just choose one representative for a niche or sport and stick with them. I also think they don't want to have too many bodybuilders on the payroll. I mean, who do you want for your ad, Mr. Olympia or any other bodybuilder? And they're trying to get more mainstream appeal. They sponsor a band, for f**k's sake (also a bad investment).  If Ronnie retires, then they get a new guy. Even then, they'll probably use Ronnie for a while, at least as long as he looks good.
I min/max my physique

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 07:18:32 PM »
It's extremely funny, yet sad - we're discussing how a guy like Vic The Rat isn't going to win the Olympia due to his criminal record.

Like it's a pregone conclusion.

And we're right. Like hell the best physique is gonna win the Olympia.

The Weider people are horny for dynasties, and will pick an athlete to be the ruler for the next 3-5 years.

Perhaps Cutler will get 1-2 Sandows in between Coleman retirement and the next dynasty, but it's all too predictable.

Since, for some reason, the Mr O has to be the biggest bodybuilder on earth... ::) Not the best.

YIP
Zack
I think what you say is true,which is why Heath won't win. He's not a big enough person. Mr O is normally 5'10" - 6' with one or two exceptions, all of which were 25 years ago

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 02:06:58 AM »
Theres not a lot of loyalty in BB when it comes to $$$ but id assume M-Tech has Jay on a pretty iron clad contract.

I understand the theory behind BSN sponsoring a band...shoe and clothing companies do it...are they goin to be drinking an endorush in every video?

Im pretty sure theyre gonna sponsor Vic

yep

thats the smart thing to do