Author Topic: Kurt Angle?  (Read 2974 times)

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
Kurt Angle?
« on: September 06, 2006, 04:39:15 PM »
Apparently he and WWE parted ways after he refused to go to rehab.  Now the inevitable rumor of him wanting to fight MMA is popping up.  Thoughts?  Great background, but the poor guy's beat himself to pieces...

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: Kurt Angle?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 04:53:29 PM »
  Great background, but the poor guy's beat himself to pieces...

Yeah, He is a bad ass wrestler, supposedly he manhandled Brock Lesnar in a backstage scuffle a couple years ago.  I think his injuries prevent him from doing much in MMA, at most, they would throw him in with a can once or twice, other than that he is too far gone to make an impact in the upper tier of the sport.  I agree, he did beat himself to pieces.
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 06:42:10 PM »
Thought he went back to ECW.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 01:53:01 PM »
This clown would get mowed down.. it would take some serious training.... I know im gonna catch some grief for that statement... I already know he's a collegiate champ, olympic medalist, yadda yadda yadda.... The man was a great wrestler, but i firmly believe wrestling is not good enough to save your ass in this game.. he would get choked the fuck out or submitted.. Or hit really hard... Someone please tell kurt WWE is FAKE and MMA They really hit AND THEY HIT HARD.... KEEP PRETENDING TO BE CAPTAIN AMERICA......

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 05:28:04 PM »
I really hope he doesn't do it.  He's got serious injuries and is (by all reports) strung out badly on painkillers.  His greatest gift is his curse.  He really is intense.  He pushed his body too far and can't stop. 

This is one of the few times I get to tell a decent story.  About 2 years ago, I did security for WWE at a house show.  There was some flight problem and only about 8 wrestlers showed.  None of them looked particularly worried...except Angle.  He was so determined to put on a hell of a show that he wrestled 3 times that night.  Scripted or not, he bumped like a madman all night...for a house show in Mississippi.

I remember respecting it but thinking he was just too damn serious about it...

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 06:10:17 PM »
Torquemada,  That's a great story and sounds just like Kurt.  I also wrestle, was in the WWE developmental ststem and plan on returning soon.  I was at the Royal Rumble this year and to see Kurt back stage is incredible.  He is 100% serious...warmup, stretching, no messing around....  before the matches everyone sits around watching the monitor and the show, kurt on the other hand is in the corner stertching and warming up...He is a great athlete and champion and I feel will be back.  Ya gotta respect this guy.

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 10:35:02 AM »
Kurt Angle is one of the few wrestlers where I hated his gimmick but loved him anyways.  He is fantastic in the ring.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 01:20:21 PM »
Thought he went back to ECW.

Maybe polishing all those scrotums is clouding your already empty mind.
Predictions
 40/61

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 04:22:02 AM »
Update:  his manager has released a statement saying that he def wants to fight MMA and has put back on 20 lbs after stopping the WWE travel schedule...

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 01:28:46 PM »
I hate guys like Angle. There is no way they will pit him agains any kind of formadable opponent. They will toss him soup cans because people will pay to watch some homo wrestler beat up soup cans... this is not MMA this is exhibition matches. Who cares. When angle comes out and fights a real fighter i will be excited cause the day they do is the day i can type R.I.P. Angle.....

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 02:13:11 PM »
ya know, don't put anything by him...he is an olympic free style gold medalist.  look at guys like lindland...he can't even through good punches...in a boxing match with a legit top fighter he would be knocked unconcious, but in UFC or MMA he is one opf the best and has been for years now....look at mark Coleman...couldn't even come in top 10 or something in the trials and angle won the olympics.  Mark couldn't throw a skillfull punch and he was and will be again champion.  With the right boxing, mauy tai and juijitso guys he can definitly develop skill.....MUCH better potential than a lot of the guys that never acheived anything in their life, took some karate classes for a few years, transfered to kick boxing and now are in MMA.  Oh I forgot ya goota have all those pathetic TRENDY gay trible tattoos to be considered a real MMA guy.  What a joke, ya ever see these guys they take a few jui jitsu classes and get the tribles and walk around like they're tough guys.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 02:31:20 PM »
Kurt is a little long in the tooth to make the necessary impact in MMA his wrestling ability demands. Had he been in his late 20's he could have gone a VERY long way in the sport. I have no doubt his ability on the ground would have made a great name for himself, he literally played with Brock Lesnar and controlled him with ease if the rumours are to be believed. Thats why the supposed "real" wrestling match between them never went ahead - afterall Brock was Vince's poster boy at that time and Kurt was a non-title main eventer at times.
Scouser on Tour

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 03:09:19 PM »
I don't think he can make an impact now, but he would've been great 5-10 years ago w/ the right camp...

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 03:19:32 PM »
Kurt could have been great five years ago.  His wrestling pedigree can't be disputed.  I think he is too old, and too beat up to make an impact.  I don't know how good his Greco is, he won in freestyle, so whether he could stuff a punch like Randy, Hendo or Lindland is debatable.  He was a great athlete.  But he is far past his prime. 

NYCDVR

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 05:12:59 PM »
Kurt is a little old but would destroy several of the current guys fighting MMA could he beat one of the champs? Probaly not because he is to big for 205 and to small for heavy(fedor, coleman) however the guy could make a fight out of it. The coleman comparison is prettty good and lets not forget coleman is in his 40's yet can still destroy 99% of the mma guys. He has a couple losses but against the best guys out there

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 11:22:05 AM »
I understand what your saying, but i will never doubt a guy that has a unique desire to achieve something and is proven to have skill within that field.  Age aint really that important anymore...today with the right training programs and GH guys are competing very well in their 40's...it's really no big deal.  Sure Kurt is beat up...lots of big bumps will do it, but take a lok of a cat scan of a fighter that got a few good shots....Kurt doesn't have that type of damage.  I'm 38 and I do not know many 20 year olds that can keep up with me.....I started pro wrestling a year ago and learned to do it better than anyone Jody Hamilton (the masked assasin) has seen in 50 years in the business....If a person is a competitor they can basically do anything, it just takes hard work. 

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 03:35:23 AM »
Well, it look like a moot point.  Last night, it was announced he's joining TNA pro wrestling.  The MMA statement was to "throw people off."  I wish him the best; the schedule's not nearly as hard as WWE's...

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 02:05:25 PM »
Kurt and TNA? Well if thatīs true iīm happy because TNA basically has no decent stars and Kurt is a STAR if i ever saw one. About the MMA thing, i think Kurt can do whatever he puts hes mind to, but i hope he doesnīt start MMA, he has won an OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL so thereīs nothing to prove and the MMA might do more harm than good.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 04:02:33 PM »
I'm still a big Angle mark, but this was too funny... ;D