Author Topic: 5 gallons of water a day!  (Read 7241 times)

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
5 gallons of water a day!
« on: September 06, 2006, 04:46:22 PM »
Jeff Rodriguez, middleweight sensation at the 2006 NPC Team Universe discusses his water intake with Ruth Silverman. Check out the video http://www.graphicmuscle.com

WATER INTAKE
Here was my strategy for my daily water intake leading up to the team universe. I made drinking large amounts of water easier by adding Crystal Light to my water.

8 Weeks out – 3 weeks out: at least 3 gallons of water per day
2 Weeks out -8 days out: at least 3.5 gallons of water per day
7 days out – 3 days out: at least 5 gallons of water per day
2 days out: 2.5 gallons of water
1 day out: 1-1.25 gallons of water
Show days: 1 gallon of water
(Since the show was at night I had about 50 ounces before prejudging and 80 ounces after)

http://www.graphicmuscle.com/vbp/forums/showthread.php?t=465

5 gallons a day I would think would lead to hyponatremia for most people.

Slick Vic

Re: 5 gallons of water a day!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 04:54:02 PM »
Sorry, I don't buy it. You would literally have to alienate yourself from everything you do just to be next to a bathroom to piss every 5 minutes. Nevermind the fact that that much water would fill you up like crazy enabling you to eat what you would need to. 5 gallons of water a day? Don't believe it.

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 04:59:28 PM »
5 gallons of water a day? Don't believe it.

Yeah, I can't believe it either. Besides hyponatremia, what a miserable life you would lead by pissing every few minutes and getting little sleep.

body88

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 05:23:36 PM »
What a fucking idiot ::) Pretty obvious BB is THE sport for over obsessive ocd driven maniacs. 5 gallons per day! pfffft.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 05:26:02 PM »
Let me finish the title of the thread for you. Just add, "can kill you"

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 05:42:56 PM »
he would also probably tell you he eats over 1000 grams of protein per day as well haha

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 07:13:47 PM »
Jay Cutler drinks three gallons a day.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

body88

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 07:15:10 PM »
Jay Cutler drinks three gallons a day.

3 aint 5!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 07:19:47 PM »
I think a gallon is more than enough,it's tough too drink only water as a fluid source all day.you'll literally have to piss every few minutes ::)

body88

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 07:22:11 PM »
I think a gallon is more than enough,it's tough too drink only water as a fluid source all day.you'll literally have to piss every few minutes ::)

Anymore than 1.5 gallons is retarded. Ha maybe if you are cutler and weigh like 300 bills 3 gallons is needed. If i ever see a sub 300 pound guy pounding 5 gallons per day I will blow his house up with TNT.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 07:22:29 PM »
Somewhere around a gallon is more than sufficient for most athletes. That's more than twice as much as most non-athletes get.  I don't know where these meatheads got the idea that water, above a reasonable amount, is somehow beneficial for muscle building... it's not. At best you'll just piss a lot, and at worst you'll die from an electrolyte imbalance. 5 gallons could easily do this.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Slick Vic

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 07:34:43 PM »

No joke.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 07:47:28 PM »
i used to have to drug test and would drink a gallon after lunch (12 pm)and kill it by 4 pm. you cant imagine how bad i had to piss on the ride over to the test area. ;D

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 09:36:29 PM »
5 gallon isnt a lot if you sweat a lot.

ask warren sapp how much water he drinks on a sunday.
Chadwick Mower in 2008

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 09:48:36 PM »
41.65 pounds of water per day? ;D Why not just say 1000 gallons.... that's just as absurd.

Edit: 8.33 X 5 = 41.65
a

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 09:49:53 PM »
i don't know how much water it takes but you can put to much in your system and die....Of course how much you sweat is going to be a factor....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 09:52:15 PM »
i don't know how much water it takes but you can put to much in your system and die....Of course how much you sweat is going to be a factor....

When I was in high school, tenth grade year, college prep biology, i'll never forget it...
teacher told us that a woman once chose a diet where she was supposed to drink a lot of water. A lot.  So the chunky woman forces herself to drink 1.5 gallons of water inside 15 minutes, and she dies.  Something about 'turgor pressure' or something.  cells of the organs because saturated and walls broke.

Any of our bio people speak on this?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 09:54:15 PM »

3 aint 5!

Word. And I'm guessing Jay starts his 3rd gallon sometime during the day, but I doubt he drinks 3 complete gallons of water... even living in Las Vegas. 2+ gallons per day is still huge.
a

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 09:54:37 PM »
When I was in high school, tenth grade year, college prep biology, i'll never forget it...
teacher told us that a woman once chose a diet where she was supposed to drink a lot of water. A lot.  So the chunky woman forces herself to drink 1.5 gallons of water inside 15 minutes, and she dies.  Something about 'turgor pressure' or something.  cells of the organs because saturated and walls broke.

Any of our bio people speak on this?

sounds like complete BS....it's osmoregularity....what you are proposing is that the cells ended up in a hypotonic solution, therefore to compensate, the cells fill up with water and burst

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 09:56:41 PM »
Hyponatremia

Hyponatremia is a condition known as "water intoxication."  It is the opposite of dehydration, and is often associated with long distance events like running and cycling.  Moreover, it’s not an unusual problem, and you can develop it in a few hours.
As you consume large amounts of water over the course of a day, blood plasma (the liquid part of blood) increases thereby diluting the salt content of the blood.  At the same time, your body also loses salt by sweating.  Consequently, the amount of electrolytes available to your body tissues decreases over time to a point where that loss interferes with brain, heart, and muscle function!  You have to replace these electrolytes!  They're essential to the normal electro-chemical operation of your nervous system.

Symptoms
Though the condition is opposite to dehydration, the symptoms generally mirror those of dehydration (apathy, confusion, nausea, and fatigue), although some individuals show no symptoms at all.

If untreated, hyponatremia can lead to coma and even death.

a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 09:59:14 PM »
Turgor pressure or turgidity is the positive internal pressure in a cell resulting from osmotic pressure. i.e. the hydrostatic pressure produced by a solution in a space divided by a differentially permeable membrane due to a differential in the concentration of solute.

Wiki says I got the word right, but they just apply it to plants, not people.

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 10:03:17 PM »
Turgor pressure or turgidity is the positive internal pressure in a cell resulting from osmotic pressure. i.e. the hydrostatic pressure produced by a solution in a space divided by a differentially permeable membrane due to a differential in the concentration of solute.

Wiki says I got the word right, but they just apply it to plants, not people.
and spongebob?
:D

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 10:03:17 PM »
Anymore than 1.5 gallons is retarded. Ha maybe if you are cutler and weigh like 300 bills 3 gallons is needed. If i ever see a sub 300 pound guy pounding 5 gallons per day I will blow his house up with TNT.

I have to agree with this.

I don't know why people make shit up, like they are pioneers or something.

Besides, who the fuck could possibly drink 5 fucking gallons a day and keep a job and have a life? You'd literally have to live in a restroom.
HAHA, RON.....

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 10:08:17 PM »
Besides, who the f**k could possibly drink 5 fucking gallons a day and keep a job and have a life? You'd literally have to live in a restroom.

I know a guy who works as a bathroom attendant.  would this be a job for him?

Chadwick Mower in 2008

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 10:22:36 PM »
one time at work (yes, it was a very "demanding" job) me and two coworkers drank the 5 gallon water cooler tank.  it took us 8 hours to finish it off, one of us was constantly in the bathroom and we all got sick.

so this guy's full of crap.  that was us three having a little over 1.5 gallons each in 8 hours.

this guy would have to drink twice as much for twice as long (if he's up for 16 hours)
Deep Tissue Massage