Author Topic: Can the US prevent the leader of Iran from coming to the UN?  (Read 1701 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Can the US prevent the leader of Iran from coming to the UN?
« on: September 07, 2006, 09:07:39 AM »
I saw this header on MSNBC just now.

Why would we want to stop him from talking to the UN?  Doesn't that put MORE of the burden of the responsibility for this situation on the UN?  Doesn't this mean he'll be open to questioning from his peers (world leaders)?  Doesn't this mean he is interested in talking about the current mess before shit gets ugly?

I cannot understand why we won't debate him, won't have talks with him, and now we're trying to prevent him from talking to the UN.  Okay, he's a bad guy... but he has some things to say and the US is doing everything possible to stop this.

Why?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Can the US prevent the leader of Iran from coming to the UN?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 09:16:36 AM »
I saw this header on MSNBC just now.

Why would we want to stop him from talking to the UN?  Doesn't that put MORE of the burden of the responsibility for this situation on the UN?  Doesn't this mean he'll be open to questioning from his peers (world leaders)?  Doesn't this mean he is interested in talking about the current mess before shit gets ugly?

I cannot understand why we won't debate him, won't have talks with him, and now we're trying to prevent him from talking to the UN.  Okay, he's a bad guy... but he has some things to say and the US is doing everything possible to stop this.

Why?

I like how you interpret things according to your agenda and assume things.

Firstly he would probably embarrasses Blair in an un-scripted debate. That could be dangerous because the wanker could achieve sympathy that he naturally doesn't deserve.

Pit him against Blair or someone that can actually debate and I would be cool with that.

His debate will contain the same rhetoric: "Why can't we have peaceful nuclear power? Who is the only nation to use nuclear weapons?" ::)

P.S. The UN is a joke of an organisation run by an Africa... No credability at all... Waste of $$$ if you ask me!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 09:24:38 AM »
Look, if Iran does something to hurt the US, I say we bomb them into a parking lot.  I am by no means a sympathasizer.  however their crime is shipping missiles to Hez to fire at Isreal - and Israel should feel free to bomb the shit out of them.

But I don't see why the US feels the need to prep for war.

And above all, what has changed in the world lately that we can't even listen to people anymore?  The Taliban said they'd kill bin laden for us, or send him over, if we just showed proof he was involved.  We didn't wanna talk, we wanted to drop bombs.  This week, the iran prez has asked for a debate with the US, and to present his case to the UN.  Now, we'd rather fight to prevent him from tlaking and instead we are completing war plans.

Look, i feel war is often a necessary evil in this world.  But shit man.... iran hasn't done anything to us.  Who gives a rats ass about his rhetoric?  Why should one american bleed out in the streets of tehran because 'their leader insulted our leader' ?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 09:28:09 AM »
Oh right so you don't believe they are developing nuclear weapons?

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3300979,00.html

Would you agree with this statement:

"Prevention is better than cure."

Or...

Rather than prevent, would you rather "cure" AFTER some atrocity has occured?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 09:34:40 AM »
I don't get this... yes, they are developing a nuclear program.  So are most countries of this world.  We have 9 nuclear powers.  If anyone else in the world starts a program, we let the UN process it.  When Iran does it, the US has to get in from of everyone and drop bombs.

Why is the US letting the UN handle the N. Korea situation - they have far more advanced nuke capability than iran.

i just see a lot of overaggressive war-hungry talk here.  iran would effectively be comitting suicide by bombing us.  The nuke signature would give them away and we'd vaporize their nation from border to border within minutes.

I think that if you had to put on the boots and spend 4 years getting shot at, you might think differently.  If the boy you raised and loved was sent overseas to soak up RPG fire on the streets of Tehran, you might feeel diff.  nordic, you're a 23-year old guy who says we should eradicate certain races to solve problems.  Think about your own family members bleeding out on the ground.  Puts it into perspective.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 09:41:16 AM »
nordic, you're a 23-year old guy who says we should eradicate certain races to solve problems

HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES MUST I SAY THE ISSUE IS NOT RACIAL! THE PROBLEM IS THE BELIEF SYSTEM: ISLAM...

FFS I THOUGHT YOU WOULD OF KNOWN THIS BY NOW!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 09:42:24 AM »
HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES MUST I SAY THE ISSUE IS NOT RACIAL! THE PROBLEM IS THE BELIEF SYSTEM: ISLAM...

FFS I THOUGHT YOU WOULD OF KNOWN THIS BY NOW!

So you would kill 1 billion people because 10,000 people who share their religion do some evil shit?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 09:54:08 AM »
So you would kill 1 billion people because 10,000 people who share their religion do some evil shit?

I'd give them chance to renounce it :)

10K only? Give me a break...

We've been through this before. If only 10% which I believe is a conservative estimate have islamist beliefs then thats 100,000,000 people right there.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 12:05:23 PM »
I don't get this... yes, they are developing a nuclear program.  So are most countries of this world.  We have 9 nuclear powers.  If anyone else in the world starts a program, we let the UN process it.  When Iran does it, the US has to get in from of everyone and drop bombs.

Why is the US letting the UN handle the N. Korea situation - they have far more advanced nuke capability than iran.

i just see a lot of overaggressive war-hungry talk here.  iran would effectively be comitting suicide by bombing us.  The nuke signature would give them away and we'd vaporize their nation from border to border within minutes.

I think that if you had to put on the boots and spend 4 years getting shot at, you might think differently.  If the boy you raised and loved was sent overseas to soak up RPG fire on the streets of Tehran, you might feeel diff.  nordic, you're a 23-year old guy who says we should eradicate certain races to solve problems.  Think about your own family members bleeding out on the ground.  Puts it into perspective.
good posts 240...
i dont understand the rationale for alot of what the US is doing right now, how they are handling things.it seems like bush just wants to shoot first and ask questions later, to anyone who he personally doesnt like and feels that he could get away with. the reason we dont act so threatening(and the reason we havent done anything) to N Korea is because 1. they already have nukes, and 2. CHINA has their back.
i am an american and not a 'terrorist sympathizer' but anyone can see the US gov is dealing with way too many double standards and are picking the wrong battles, at the wrong times, for the wrong reasons, with the wrong people. if anything needs purging right now, it is our entire government. just wipe the fucking slate clean and get some actually statesmen into power, people who arent fucking stupid and know how to handle shit. what ever happened to guys like Lincoln or Washington

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 12:53:37 PM »
good posts 240...
i dont understand the rationale for alot of what the US is doing right now, how they are handling things.it seems like bush just wants to shoot first and ask questions later, to anyone who he personally doesnt like and feels that he could get away with. the reason we dont act so threatening(and the reason we havent done anything) to N Korea is because 1. they already have nukes, and 2. CHINA has their back.
i am an american and not a 'terrorist sympathizer' but anyone can see the US gov is dealing with way too many double standards and are picking the wrong battles, at the wrong times, for the wrong reasons, with the wrong people. if anything needs purging right now, it is our entire government. just wipe the fucking slate clean and get some actually statesmen into power, people who arent fucking stupid and know how to handle shit. what ever happened to guys like Lincoln or Washington

Correct.  You could line up 12 real terrorists and I'd execute every one of them myself.  Justice is acceptable when warranted and necessary.

However, I do not support blindly attacking anyone we don't like.  And many here seem to think it's A-Okay just because the "stupid liberals don't like it". 

If Iran wants to talk to the UN, what the F do we have to lose by letting them?  What right do we have to censor what another world leader wants to tell the world?  I find it hilarious that Bush ran for office on a platform of "We are not the world's policeman!" and suddenly that's all we're doing. 

They want to explain situation to the UN.  If they're full of shit, that will become clear to the world.  If they have something of interest, that will become clear to the world.