Author Topic: Who will put on the Olympia next year?  (Read 4393 times)

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Who will put on the Olympia next year?
« on: September 07, 2006, 01:28:38 PM »
This is AMI's last year producing the Olympia.  By next year Flex will be sold - to whom?  And who will be putting on the Olympia?  Maybe it will be Flex who is asking Bleckman for press passes next year?

Discuss.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: WHO WILL PUT ON THE OLYMPIA NEXT YEAR?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 01:33:57 PM »
Damn crusher a little anxious on this one aren't ya? How about we see who makes it to this one first and let the cards fall where they may in the coming months on who buys what.
Elevate Your Image.™

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 01:35:39 PM »
This is AMI's last year producing the Olympia.  By next year Flex will be sold - to whom?  And who will be putting on the Olympia?  Maybe it will be Flex who is asking Bleckman for press passes next year?

Discuss.

Lame man...everyone knows that you work at MD

I thought you were supposedly all about letting this go? So let it go

C
CD
M&F & FLEX

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 01:37:10 PM »

Discuss.

Bleckman purchasing Flex and the right to the O? Not going to happen. Eric Weider will be taking it back. Rumor has it that someone else is looking in purchasing M&F and Flex.

btw...who will run the Olympia....Romano?????...BAAAHHAAAHAHAHAAHAH
JM

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 01:38:55 PM »
Bleckman purchasing Flex and the right to the O? Not going to happen. Eric Weider will be taking it back. Rumor has it that someone else is looking in purchasing M&F and Flex.

btw...who will run the Olympia....Romano?????...BAAAHHAAAHAHAHAAHAH

LMAO....just kidding John.
JM

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 01:49:53 PM »

Next year?? Are we so worried about next year when we have 3 weeks left to go for this year? Let's first have a blast this year at the Olympia Weekend - at the press conference hosted by Bob Cicherillo and Dan Solomon where the press can actually ask questions, at the Meet the Olympias where you can get your favorite picture with the competitors, at the expo where you can go up to King Kamali and tell him to kiss my ass (if you dare), and of course, the shows, where we can see Ronnie Coleman try to make history . Try is the key word, as with the Olympia one month earlier, will Ronnie be ready?

And of course, the most important thing, is the cafe at the Orlenas where they serve great Orange Chicken!

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
Re: Who will put on the Olympia next year?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 03:28:54 PM »

Discuss.

Castrol or Pizza Hut

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 03:36:39 PM »
Lame man...everyone knows that you work at MD

I thought you were supposedly all about letting this go? So let it go

C

Then everyone is wrong.  I work for Romano.  And, it's just a fair question, as I have a mind of my own.  Things are going to get interesting.  Why are you Weider guys so touchy?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »
Whoever buys it will still have to pay the $1.2 million or so AMI stills owes Weider.  AMI might just sell it for what they owe on it just to get out of it.

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 10:22:46 PM »
Whoever buys it will still have to pay the $1.2 million or so AMI stills owes Weider.  AMI might just sell it for what they owe on it just to get out of it.

What if Ben Weider takes it back?

gettinhuge

• Getbig III
  • Comming Soon ME!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 11:07:26 PM »
Next year?? Are we so worried about next year when we have 3 weeks left to go for this year? Let's first have a blast this year at the Olympia Weekend - at the press conference hosted by Bob Cicherillo and Dan Solomon where the press can actually ask questions, at the Meet the Olympias where you can get your favorite picture with the competitors, at the expo where you can go up to King Kamali and tell him to kiss my ass (if you dare), and of course, the shows, where we can see Ronnie Coleman try to make history . Try is the key word, as with the Olympia one month earlier, will Ronnie be ready?

And of course, the most important thing, is the cafe at the Orlenas where they serve great Orange Chicken!

You love that chicken dont you Ron..................... .............LOL

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 11:46:18 PM »
Then everyone is wrong.  I work for Romano.  And, it's just a fair question, as I have a mind of my own.  Things are going to get interesting.  Why are you Weider guys so touchy?

I don't think that's being touchy...it just seems that if you want things to stop, you wouldn't start new topics like this that just start it all up again.

My 2 cents

C
CD
M&F & FLEX

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 05:20:39 AM »
Will you be wearing your leash at the Olympia or will John release it this one time? ;)
Elevate Your Image.™

punk_rockerX

• Getbig II
  • why?
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 05:54:23 AM »

Discuss.
the funny part is that you think bleckman actually could afford to buy and/or recruit investors.  dude never puts his money where his mouth is... he's all talk :'(
hell yeah!!

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 06:16:15 AM »
the funny part is that you think bleckman actually could afford to buy and/or recruit investors.  dude never puts his money where his mouth is... he's all talk :'(

Steve pays - and keeps the sport moving and the photos look really good - Stop complaining or put 600k and buy the O your self

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 06:17:42 AM »
I will put it on .... I will move it make it cheaper and put it on TV and put it with the Nationals so all the athletes do not have to miss the show - hahahahah

So what's up now!

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 07:04:15 AM »
Yeah, well whatever happens, just let them get it back on pay-per view so we can see it on TV. Not everyone knows how to jerry-rigg their puter monitor to their tv screen - it's fucked up tryin to whatch the show on a dam lap-top!!
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 07:17:19 AM »
I have to say I wish they would stop holding it in Vegas.  They used to hold it all over the world.  Would be nice if it came down to Europe again!  :)
It hasn't helped...

Kamikaze Paul

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 07:19:17 AM »
Maybe next year the O will be back in Mandalay bay

Paul L.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 07:22:35 AM »
...at the press conference hosted by Bob Cicherillo and Dan Solomon where the press can actually ask questions...

Which Olympia executives/officials will be on the panel?

And let's hope that the 'questions' don't come from the usual bunch of ass-kissers.   

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 07:34:45 AM »
I don't think that's being touchy...it just seems that if you want things to stop, you wouldn't start new topics like this that just start it all up again.

My 2 cents

C

Where did I ever say I wanted anything to stop?  I'm an independent contractor and I have a mind of my own. If the guy I work for - part time at that - wants things to stop - whatever that means - then that's his issue.  I'm posting because this is hat I want to discuss.  Why do you have such a problem with htat? . And what is wrong with discussing the future?  Does the future bother you guys so much?   And, the last I checked, America still offers freedom of speech.  It's reality. This is the last year AMI is putting on the Olympia and by this time next year AMI will not own Flex.  It is being touchy.  you guys are on a sinking ship and you know it.  I guess that's why you have such a problem discussing the future.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 08:48:30 AM »
It would probably be best if the IFBB took total control of the Olympia again.  AMI or any other magazine publishing company is out of their element by hosting a bodybuilding show.  The Olympia needs stability, people who are committed to making it great, rather than the threat of being bought and sold every few years like a magazine company. 

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 08:53:27 AM »
Next year the Olympia will go from the Orleans to the Holiday Inn on Freemont street so they can save money like they did moving from Mandalay Bay!  Show is a joke now.......not to mention the expo being on another planet!  They might as well do that at the YMCA!

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 09:05:40 AM »
I'm an independent contractor and I have a mind of my own. If the guy I work for - part time at that - wants things to stop - whatever that means - then that's his issue.  I'm posting because this is hat I want to discuss.  Why do you have such a problem with htat?

Because it's not allowed here. Welcome to the "tools"
An affiliation to any magazine or federation - other than the PDI - removes your right to an opinion or free thought

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 09:11:41 AM »
...where we can see Ronnie Coleman try to make history . Try is the key word, as with the Olympia one month earlier, will Ronnie be ready?

Why would it be any different than last year? You think Ronnie found out a month later that it was held a month earlier? The guy is rumored to not diet till 6 weeks (I've even heard it as threed weeks, but I don't buy that) prior to the anyway, so it really doesn't matter.
Sometimes your logic defies me Ron. ??? ??? ???