Author Topic: Peyton Manning vs Eli Manning tonight  (Read 6157 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Peyton Manning vs Eli Manning tonight
« on: September 07, 2006, 04:51:28 PM »

who do you guys like in this match up?

I think The Giants may be favoroed to win. The game is in East Rutherford NJ

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Re: Peyton Manning vs Eli Manning this Sunday
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 04:59:23 PM »
payton by 2 touchdowns, colts are the class (sorry bmac) of the afc and peyton is a great (damm sorry HH6) QB of our era.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 05:08:20 PM »
too bad they can't ever close out a season.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 05:13:23 PM »
too bad they can't ever close out a season.

payton is alot like marino, great qb but is not a finisher. being a philly fan i hope eli has the same issues..:)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 05:17:59 PM »
I'd take Peyton over Eli and Indy over the Giants on Sunday.  Indy is my Super Bowl pick.  Again.  This must be like the third year I've picked them.  I'll be right sooner or later. 

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 05:27:23 PM »
I'd take Peyton over Eli and Indy over the Giants on Sunday.  Indy is my Super Bowl pick.  Again.  This must be like the third year I've picked them.  I'll be right sooner or later. 

as a eagles fan thats kind of our team motto.."we will be super bowl champs sooner of later.."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 05:31:08 PM »
as a eagles fan thats kind of our team motto.."we will be super bowl champs sooner of later.."

The Eagles are getting close to Buffalo Bills territory.  NFC Championship Game four years in a row?  I like the Stallworth trade.  They need to keep Westbrook healthy. 

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 05:33:21 PM »
The Eagles are getting close to Buffalo Bills territory.  NFC Championship Game four years in a row?  I like the Stallworth trade.  They need to keep Westbrook healthy. 

hell i would take four SB's at this point. stallworth looks good but yea I was kind of hoping for duckett or dayne to back up westbrook because for all his talent he is fragile.our defense is so much better and were unbeaten so far...:)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 10:31:36 PM »
Ah yes...Dolt ball washing at its finist. As my boy AS knows I hate "Pay me tons" He can' t finish and may never., I feel the lose of Edge will have an affect on that team. Nobody fears the play action pass or stretch play with the guys they have back there now. Peyton is a fraud and can't win the big game. Year in and year out they are picked to win it all and fail. I'm sure they will make the playoff's. John Clayton will gush and then NE or Cincy will crush them in th playoffs. I don't think Eli is any better and i feel the giants are missing something. They're close but not good enough yet.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 10:53:04 PM »
colts by 24.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 01:42:49 AM »
Unless they psychologically implode as a team after last year's debacle, the Colts will have an advantage this year over others due to the big improvement in their kicking, maturation of the defense & great mental toughness from anothe year of experience.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 01:51:56 AM »
i say its a giant year babeeeeeeeeeeeeee 8)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 04:14:32 AM »
Don't agree Pumpster..I think there is somthing wrong withn that team. Dungy doesn't get it done in TB and they win after he leaves. Manning can't win a national championship and then he leaves. Tee martin wins..3 starts in the NFL. I'm sorry i hate Manning. He's the darling of the NFL. I agree he's a great QB..for fantasy..but rings matter.
L

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 06:54:24 AM »
Well since Peyton is my FFL starting QB and Marvin Harrison is my 1st WR, uh...................... .Go Colts! Throw a lot of TD's!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 06:55:17 AM »
hell i would take four SB's at this point. stallworth looks good but yea I was kind of hoping for duckett or dayne to back up westbrook because for all his talent he is fragile.our defense is so much better and were unbeaten so far...:)
I'm so glad you really see what the Eagles really are. Just a team GREEN WITH ENVY! ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 08:23:01 AM »
i love watching football with $ on the line.  makes it tons more exciting.

yall PM me if anyone ever wants to bet $20 via paypal on a game this year :) 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 08:59:08 AM »
Eli is a lil bitch

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 09:03:17 AM »
Don't agree Pumpster..I think there is somthing wrong withn that team. Dungy doesn't get it done in TB and they win after he leaves. Manning can't win a national championship and then he leaves. Tee martin wins..3 starts in the NFL. I'm sorry i hate Manning. He's the darling of the NFL. I agree he's a great QB..for fantasy..but rings matter.

I agree in part.  Manning is a great regular season QB.  Hasn't gotten it done in crunch time or in the playoffs. 

I disagree about Dungy.  I think he's one of the best coaches in the NFL.  He did an awesome job with the Minnesota defense.  Turned Tampa around from a perennial loser to Super Bowl champion.  He did get them to the NFC Championship and the Tampa team that won were his players.  If Dungy had Brady he'd have a couple rings already. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 09:05:11 AM »
I agree in part.  Manning is a great regular season QB.  Hasn't gotten it done in crunch time or in the playoffs. 

I disagree about Dungy.  I think he's one of the best coaches in the NFL.  He did an awesome job with the Minnesota defense.  Turned Tampa around from a perennial loser to Super Bowl champion.  He did get them to the NFC Championship and the Tampa team that won were his players.  If Dungy had Brady he'd have a couple rings already. 

Beach Bum, the Dungy argument about TB being "his team" is a double edged sword.  Why couldn't he win the big one with the same talent that Gruden had?  See what I'm saying?  And I think Dungy is a very good NFL coach.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 09:18:02 AM »

Good post. I think Dungy's defense has matured and should be a bit tougher to score on this year.  I'm interested to see what they do without Edge though.  Peyton can only be as good as his running game.  If they don't have that balance in the running attack, defenses are going to load up and come after him.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 09:28:54 AM »
Don't agree Pumpster..I think there is somthing wrong withn that team. Dungy doesn't get it done in TB and they win after he leaves.

I'm wholly unimpressed by Manning-he's another Marino but not as good. However the team demonstrated noticable improvement from 2 seasons ago to last season on both offense and defense, which tells me that they're capable of adapting and are likely to continue to do so unless there's a collapse early on related to last year.

The Dungy situation with his son obviously won't be repeated. Edge won't be that hard to replace IMO-acquiring the best kicker in football's a bigger factor, if they play well.

Unless they fold early they're probably something along the lines of the Broncos and will eventually get it done.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 10:47:47 AM »
Beach Bum, the Dungy argument about TB being "his team" is a double edged sword.  Why couldn't he win the big one with the same talent that Gruden had?  See what I'm saying?  And I think Dungy is a very good NFL coach.

Thank you show!!!!

I have an unnatural hatred of the Dolts so  anytime a Manning/Dolt/Dungy thread comes up I'll probably come unhinged.
L

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 10:50:34 AM »
Thank you show!!!!

I have an unnatural hatred of the Dolts so  anytime a Manning/Dolt/Dungy thread comes up I'll probably come unhinged.

what a great guy... ;D

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 10:54:24 AM »
Good post. I think Dungy's defense has matured and should be a bit tougher to score on this year.  I'm interested to see what they do without Edge though.  Peyton can only be as good as his running game.  If they don't have that balance in the running attack, defenses are going to load up and come after him.
Well that's not entirely true. The year that James tore up his knee (2001), Manning still posted great numbers with 26 passing TD's and 4 rushing TD's. And that was with backup runningbacks.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 11:02:08 AM »
As I said, Edge won't make a huge difference; as long as their line holds up they can get adequate running from others.