Author Topic: Youth football coach caught on video attacking opposing player  (Read 1804 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Youth football coach caught on video attacking opposing player
« on: September 07, 2006, 05:45:29 PM »
Youth football coach caught on video attacking opposing player

September 5, 2006

STOCKTON, Calif.  An assistant youth football coach was arrested for felony child abuse after allegedly rushing the field and assaulting a boy on the opposing team, police said.

Cory Petero, 36, of Riverbank, turned himself in to Stockton police Saturday night following what witnesses described as a late hit that turned into a brawl, with parents and children from both teams fighting on the field.

Referee Tim Winek said he had just called a penalty on Brian Wood, 13, a Stockton Bears player.

There was a penalty on the play, and it was a late hit, Winek said. The parent of the kid who got hit took exception to it. He came charging out onto the field.

Daniel Champion, who identified himself as Woods father, told The (Stockton) Record that his son suffered bruises on his stomach and jaw from the assault.

The brawl erupted at around 3:30 p.m. with less than a minute left to play between the Riveroak Redskins and the Bears.

Fighting continued for about 20 minutes, according to witnesses. No major injuries were reported.

Police are investigating.

video Clip A shows the play by play (shorten to be down loaded)

Video clip B shows the boy being clipped from the back after play was blown dead

Video clip C shows the Father (maroon shirt) coming across the field & leveling the 13 year old (black jersey)

body88

Re: Youth football coach caught on video attacking opposing player
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 05:56:15 PM »
Not only does this kid have to deal with the embarrassment of his step father attacking a fellow child. He also has to deal with the teasing of how he could not handle himself and his "daddy" had to come on the field and save him. Not only did he make a fool of himself he also did his step child, at an age where image is everything to a kid.

All I can say is this FOOL is lucky I was not that kids stepfather. I would have beat the shit out of him and his wife!

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 10:23:52 PM »
this sh*t happens quite often, just one of the few times where it was caught on film.

a little history of mine:

While I played football in highschool,most of my teammates also coached positions for their local parks a) it kept us off the streets b) was a great way to GIVE BACK plus if felt good because the kids looked up to us!

Anyway,  I coached for my local recreational park pop warner for pee wee's and DB's for 10-12yr old team.

Not only was I a teen myself trying to get kids to play along and be a team....I can't begin to tell you how many fights I either broke up or was almost involved AS A TEEN vs PARENTS while coaching over bullsh*t.

It got to the point where I felt so damn sorry for those kids man because I began to see that most of the parents out there DO live through their kids man. The kids just wanted to have fun, and I tried to make it fun for them. They weren't on my level yet, so there was no need to be aggressive with them. They need to have fun, and just like I found out as I went from k-12 and college you step up your game then. Then it's more brutal. That's when you "turn it on." before then it's all about fun.

It was really embarrassing because I could see in some of the kids eyes that they really didn't want to play when their parents showed up sometimes because they'd be yelling sh*t out loud just being way to over the edge and sh*t.

I gave each kid their own play and made it fun for them, but all it took was their parents bit*h a$$ to start talking smack, argue with me, the ref or the head coach and you could see it in their eyes that they didn't want to even be out there anymore.

I grew up in the hood, so I had parents actually threatening my life with violence out there sometimes man. lol Bunch of morons. I ended up not coaching anymore after my moms heard the type of sh*t they were telling/threatening me with out there.

I felt bad for the kids, but I was thinking damn i'm a kid my damn self and they talking to me like THIS? I asked the older coach how did he put up with this stuff? He said he did it for the kids, but it's always like that with parents.   

Very sad. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 11:10:31 PM »
funniest part - after he trucked the kid, he ran home lol...

On the  news, they said "adult knock kid out cold" then I watch the clip and the kid sits right up.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 11:55:07 AM »
It's just crazy to believe a parent running across the field & hitting a kid like that.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 12:14:30 PM »
one of the problems is all the parents think there kid is the next (fill in the blank) so they took the fun   out of kid sports and now its a pressure packed ordeal. I miss the days when all you had to deal with is the coaches son being the pitcher when he could not throw a strike if his life depended on it.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 01:37:09 PM »
I know this is wrong for me to say, but....

in both of those hits (though both cheap shots) the kid and the father used some pretty good form on those hits.   8)