Author Topic: Last really Romantic thing....  (Read 10658 times)

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
Last really Romantic thing....
« on: September 07, 2006, 07:45:54 PM »
Okay it is a Merlot evening so the strange posts are starting to appear...

What was the last really romantic thing your partner did, or you did for your partner?

Bring some warm fuzzies into a single girls life  :'( :'(
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
Re: Last really Romantic thing....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 10:18:58 PM »
Okay it is a Merlot evening so the strange posts are starting to appear...

What was the last really romantic thing your partner did, or you did for your partner?

Bring some warm fuzzies into a single girls life  :'( :'(

My husband is pretty thoughtful all the time (although i don't give him the credit he deserves sometimes), but most recently he sent me off to an outdoor all day "day spa" where i got a massage, ate and relaxed in the sun...this was just this past Sunday.
Also, his family owns a flower shop so i get random bouquets with notes like "sorry i was being a jackass". There really is something forgiveable when they use the word "jackass" to define their behavior.

Lisa

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 10:40:17 PM »
My husband is pretty thoughtful all the time (although i don't give him the credit he deserves sometimes), but most recently he sent me off to an outdoor all day "day spa" where i got a massage, ate and relaxed in the sun...this was just this past Sunday.
Also, his family owns a flower shop so i get random bouquets with notes like "sorry i was being a jackass". There really is something forgiveable when they use the word "jackass" to define their behavior.

Lisa

Damn girl that is sweet.  Random bouquets, nothing beats those.  :-* :-*

I'll go pour another glass of wine and cry some more now  :'(
j/k
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 05:25:03 AM »
I know it may not sound romantic, but my best friend in the world and better then I deserve wife puts up with me being me and never gives me to hard a time or smacks me when I know I deserve it and one of the things I love to do with her is drive. I know your thinking drive but sometimes just exploring new areas or driving to her parents we get so lost in talking that I have driven past our destination. There is something really great about the cool wind coming in your window, radio playing your favorite music and holding your ladies hand and just getting into talking and joking and enjoying each other like we are the only ones in the world.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 06:13:48 AM »
Hope the Merlot was good.  :)

Last winter. I was involved in a long distance relationship (American boy/Canadian girl) and after a few months of trekking back and forth, only seeing each other on weekends, in and out of airports constantly, we decided it was too much and agreed to end it. There was a night of tender break-up love and a few tears…and when I woke up early the next morning he was already gone.  Of course I was in abject misery and my heart felt like it was busted in two, and on top of the emotional upheaval, it was the day our horrible ice storm hit. The whole city was one big skating rink and the torrential freezing rain didn’t let up all day.  That morning I could hear my neighbor struggling to get his SUV out of the driveway and I knew if he couldn’t get his big ass truck out, there was little chance for me. But, I couldn’t call in sick because people had come from far and wide to attend an annual corpie mind meld meeting, so I had to find some way to get into town. At some point I opened the drapes in the front of the house… and I almost fell over from the shock. There was my guy, soaking wet in the freezing downpour, hacking away at the ice on my car and throwing salt in the driveway.  I just knew at that moment I couldn’t let this man out of my life.  :)

There are other things… the feeling of his hand on the small of my back when he opens a door… looking up when I’m cooking to see him standing in the doorway just watching me… it's little everyday things that are most romantic.

Flowers are great too, though. We love flowers!

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 09:37:51 AM »
Your making me all really jealous.
I am very happy for all you lucky sobs Ladies. (and Always Sore).

I do have a warm fuzzy feeling brewing inside me though. I love hearing stories like these.

Just Bad Bad Blood!

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 09:43:25 AM »

I do have a warm fuzzy feeling brewing inside me though. I love hearing stories like these.

me too but it makes me feel a little sorry for myself  :'( 

Bast why don't you do nice things for me like buy me fried mac and cheese?
Jennifer

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 10:05:40 AM »
The last romantic thing ...

Poured me a glass of wine, like he does whenever he knows I had a tough day.
:D Weee

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 11:26:20 AM »

Are you still drinking your Merlot? ;D

Lisa

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 12:18:39 PM »
looking up when I’m cooking to see him standing in the doorway just watching me… it's little everyday things that are most romantic.

so do you guys have webcams set up around your houses, or did he move to Montreal?

Moving someplace to be w a girl is pretty romantic . . . I've never done it, but I stayed in a place too long b/c of one . . . i will never make that mistake again. >:(

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 12:33:20 PM »
so do you guys have webcams set up around your houses, or did he move to Montreal?

Moving someplace to be w a girl is pretty romantic . . . I've never done it, but I stayed in a place too long b/c of one . . . i will never make that mistake again. >:(

;) Lol, right now I may be closer to you than you think.

Actually, I went to school in the States and lived there for a few years.  I only came back to Montreal with the intention of staying a year so it seemed dumb to get involved with someone there and then have to wrench myself away again.  I met the American by fluke... it was just tough going doing the long distance thing.  I wouldn't recommend it. I think I supported the airline industry all by myself for 6 months.  >:(

So what happened with yours, if you want to share. Do you mean you had the chance to pursue whatever opportunities elsewhere but didn't go because of your LI?

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 12:37:01 PM »
The last romantic thing i did was a while back.  I was seeing this woman and she was going through a rough time with some court issues pertaining to her ex and other miscellaneous issues.  Her little girl went on vacation with her cousins and I decided it would be a nice gesture to plan a trip for her so that she would get away from the court worries etc.  So i went to the store and bought really nice linen stationary and wrote her a note in the best caligraphy i could manage.  I sealed it in an envelope and put a wax seal on it.  Just a throw back to more civilaized courting.  In the letter i wrote that she has been given a weekend in a mountain cabin with a lake view and was to be lavished with cooked meals, drawn baths, nightly massages and that she would not worry about packing anything as she would be treated to a little shopping excursion by me.  While we were to be away i had arranged for a cleaning service to come to her place and clean it and spruce it up so that she could return to a clean tidy home.  She ended up sending me an email telling me that she won't go and to not send her things like that.   

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 12:43:04 PM »
The last romantic thing i did was a while back.  I was seeing this woman and she was going through a rough time with some court issues pertaining to her ex and other miscellaneous issues.  Her little girl went on vacation with her cousins and I decided it would be a nice gesture to plan a trip for her so that she would get away from the court worries etc.  So i went to the store and bought really nice linen stationary and wrote her a note in the best caligraphy i could manage.  I sealed it in an envelope and put a wax seal on it.  Just a throw back to more civilaized courting.  In the letter i wrote that she has been given a weekend in a mountain cabin with a lake view and was to be lavished with cooked meals, drawn baths, nightly massages and that she would not worry about packing anything as she would be treated to a little shopping excursion by me.  While we were to be away i had arranged for a cleaning service to come to her place and clean it and spruce it up so that she could return to a clean tidy home.  She ended up sending me an email telling me that she won't go and to not send her things like that.   

damm man I really like your idea but got to the end and its the prom all over again..that is just crushing my brother.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 12:48:41 PM »
yeah i try to do nice things and for one reason or another i get worked over.  I have yet to spend a valentines day with someone.  Somthing always comes up.  I've ordered White horse driven carriages, nice dinners, flowers and the like. 

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 12:51:25 PM »
yeah i try to do nice things and for one reason or another i get worked over.  I have yet to spend a valentines day with someone.  Somthing always comes up.  I've ordered White horse driven carriages, nice dinners, flowers and the like. 
stop man your killing me. Its to the point I would introduce you to my sister if she was not already dating some guy because you would treat her like a queen and thats how she deserves to be treated. If you ever think of moving to Utah were she lives let me know.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 12:54:03 PM »
well the girl that i wrote the letter and planned all that for, ended up lying to me about several things.  I caught her with anoother guy and she ended up taking me to the cleaners as far as money was concerned.  A word of advice. Never, Never, never be a co-signer for anything

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 12:56:45 PM »

So what happened with yours, if you want to share. Do you mean you had the chance to pursue whatever opportunities elsewhere but didn't go because of your LI?

i shouldn't really blame her . . . if I had been ready to go, I would have gone.  Yeah, but that relationship and my own immaturity meant that I spent a long time basically twiddling my thumbs in a lot of areas of my life.  I try not to think about it too much . . .

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 01:31:04 PM »
Yes, it's usually best not to dwell on the past, because doing so only creates baggage, which ends up infecting the next relationship.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 01:32:40 PM »
true, but it is often hard to let some things go.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »
agree w deedee . . . you can only change the future.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 01:40:30 PM »
yeah but every once in a while something pops up in your head and you relive it all over again.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2006, 09:12:36 PM »
stop man your killing me. Its to the point I would introduce you to my sister if she was not already dating some guy because you would treat her like a queen and thats how she deserves to be treated. If you ever think of moving to Utah were she lives let me know.

Hey Miggy, I can vouch for AS's sister. She's a great gal! (Her brother is a crazy psycho who threatens to dig very deep holes and bury guys in them if they make his sister cry, ...but other than that, she's a great gal)   :)
w

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2006, 01:35:04 PM »
one that comes to mind...from a while back...my girlfriend ws working the makeup counter at nordstroms ..it ws the day before her 21st b-day..

my dork ass chased people around the mall and made em take her red roses..one at a time and wish her hapy b-day...20 people in all...and the last one..the 21st ws a pink one and me! ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2006, 01:45:20 PM »
my dork ass chased people around the mall and made em take her red roses..one at a time and wish her hapy b-day...20 people in all...and the last one..the 21st ws a pink one and me! ;D

Good one Toxy... very creative!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2006, 01:49:24 PM »
her pretty little cheeks were soo red when i showed..show me a woman that can blush and i know she's a woman thats not lost her innocence..its adorable.. :)
carpe` vaginum!