Author Topic: My Personal Update  (Read 1339 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
My Personal Update
« on: September 07, 2006, 09:14:10 PM »
I've now been off for 6 or so wks, last cycle was part of a diet where I went down to 192. After the diet I took 2 wks just to help recover and just did some light work in the gym...you know in and out quick and just obtain a good pump...my body really needed the rest, probably wouldn't have hurt to just rest 100% but I enjoy training too much. So now I'm back to hitting it at full steam, weighing in at about 200. Funny thing, but a very good thing, my strength is getting close to where it was back in March when I was 220+ and on a full blown bulk cycle. I attribute that to some changes I've made in my routines, diet and rest habits and of coarse muscle memory does come into play. Now I don't use my strength as the only gauge to my progress, the mirror is my main critic, but it is still a useful tool.

As for gear, like I said I've been off for a little bit and I'll stay off I think until mid-October but I am getting very ancy. I'm going to try some different methods to my cycles this go around and with my revised diet and such I can not wait to see what happens. Like everyone I'd like to get bigger with minimal bf, my goal for this year is to hit somewhere in the 230+ range and at that point I do not want to be any where over 12% if all goes as planned I want go over 10%, but time will tell.

BigIronMike25

Re: My Personal Update
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:05:09 AM »
I've now been off for 6 or so wks, last cycle was part of a diet where I went down to 192. After the diet I took 2 wks just to help recover and just did some light work in the gym...you know in and out quick and just obtain a good pump...my body really needed the rest, probably wouldn't have hurt to just rest 100% but I enjoy training too much. So now I'm back to hitting it at full steam, weighing in at about 200. Funny thing, but a very good thing, my strength is getting close to where it was back in March when I was 220+ and on a full blown bulk cycle. I attribute that to some changes I've made in my routines, diet and rest habits and of coarse muscle memory does come into play. Now I don't use my strength as the only gauge to my progress, the mirror is my main critic, but it is still a useful tool.

As for gear, like I said I've been off for a little bit and I'll stay off I think until mid-October but I am getting very ancy. I'm going to try some different methods to my cycles this go around and with my revised diet and such I can not wait to see what happens. Like everyone I'd like to get bigger with minimal bf, my goal for this year is to hit somewhere in the 230+ range and at that point I do not want to be any where over 12% if all goes as planned I want go over 10%, but time will tell.

Id say you could get to 240+ , I'll email you thoughts on my next cycle!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:56:17 PM »
Id say you could get to 240+ , I'll email you thoughts on my next cycle!
That would be great assuming I could keep my bf level under control...time and the mirror will tell.

O

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 03:34:10 AM »
That would be great assuming I could keep my bf level under control...time and the mirror will tell.

Arnold all you have to do is keep your diet under control.  You can be whatever BF you want, just stay disciplined.  Have you tried getting really low, maybe 6 % then bulking with clean food?  After a show is when guys make their best gains.  It's hard to gain muscle and lose fat for the average BB, but it's easy to gain lean muscle if you are already lean.  I'll give you all the diets I tried, all my show prep diets are yours if you would like to try them.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 01:56:21 PM »
Arnold all you have to do is keep your diet under control.  You can be whatever BF you want, just stay disciplined.  Have you tried getting really low, maybe 6 % then bulking with clean food?  After a show is when guys make their best gains.  It's hard to gain muscle and lose fat for the average BB, but it's easy to gain lean muscle if you are already lean.  I'll give you all the diets I tried, all my show prep diets are yours if you would like to try them.
Yes, I just came off a contest diet about 6wks ago, and to answer the clean food question, I eat clean year round only the amounts change. Go ahead and send me any info you want, I'm always glad to get new insight and thoughts

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 04:45:49 PM »
Arnold how tall are you?
U

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 05:33:51 PM »

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 03:15:46 PM »
Good to hear Arnold!

I always keep my strength after a good long cycle, i just drop some water weight and may lose a rep here or there on some of the heavier sets.

8)