Author Topic: She strangled an armed convicted felon w her bare hands until he was dead.  (Read 2265 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Police: Nurse, 51, kills intruder with bare hands

PORTLAND, Oregon (AP) -- A nurse returning from work discovered an intruder armed with a hammer in her home and strangled him with her bare hands, police said.

Susan Kuhnhausen, 51, ran to a neighbor's house after the confrontation Wednesday night. Police found the body of Edward Dalton Haffey 59, a convicted felon with a long police record.

Police said there was no obvious sign of forced entry at the house when Kuhnhausen, an emergency room nurse at Providence Portland Medical Center, got home from work shortly after 6 p.m.

Under Oregon law people can use reasonable deadly force when defending themselves against an intruder or burglar in their homes. Kuhnhausen was treated and released for minor injuries at Providence.

Haffey, about 5-foot-9 and 180 pounds, had convictions including conspiracy to commit aggravated murder, robbery, drug charges and possession of burglary tools. Neighbors said Kuhnhausen's size -- 5-foot-7 and 260 pounds -- may have given her an advantage.

"Everyone that I've talked to says 'Hurray for Susan,' said neighbor Annie Warnock, who called 911.

"You didn't need to calm her. She's an emergency room nurse. She's used to dealing with crisis."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: She strangled an armed convicted felon w her bare hands until he was dead.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 01:49:20 PM »

Haffey, about 5-foot-9 and 180 pounds, had convictions including conspiracy to commit aggravated murder, robbery, drug charges and possession of burglary tools. Neighbors said Kuhnhausen's size -- 5-foot-7 and 260 pounds -- may have given her an advantage.

:o 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 01:49:28 PM »
he picked the wrong house, didn't he?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 01:50:51 PM »
i wonder how she got her hands around his neck when the dude was taller and had a hammer . . .

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 01:50:57 PM »
I'm surprised she didn't eat him. :P

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 01:53:56 PM »
I would pay CASH to know exactly what that guy was thinking and see his face as he was taking his last breath.

I'm going to go with, " THOSE MOFO"S ON GETBIG ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS ONE!"

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 01:59:07 PM »
hahaha . . . he probably couldn't believe what was happening to him.  I can't wait to see a picture of this broad (literally, in this case) . . . should look his mugshot up.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 04:27:50 AM »

All steroids.

Roid rage gives you that extra edge when fighting ex-cons!
$

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 06:06:50 AM »
Cool, he got what he deserved.
The House that Ruth built

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 08:20:07 AM »
Wow.  Don't fuck with those Maniacs.  Maine is like a forgin country.  Where I lived their was 1 sheriff who covered 3 towns, about 50 miles.  Everyone is armed and crime is rare.  The fool should of known better.  They're nuts up there.  Talk about living in the sticks.  That's it.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 08:54:07 AM »
All steroids.

Roid rage gives you that extra edge when fighting ex-cons!

Helps when fighting neo-cons too!

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 09:02:23 AM »
I would pay CASH to know exactly what that guy was thinking and see his face as he was taking his last breath.
I'm going to go with, " THOSE MOFO"S ON GETBIG ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS ONE!"
Haha, he probably was expecting some sweet old broad.
Next moment Godzilla is putting out his lights.

Dwarfed, owned, choked

in that order.
$

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 09:43:42 AM »
Wow.  Don't f**k with those Maniacs.  Maine is like a forgin country.  Where I lived their was 1 sheriff who covered 3 towns, about 50 miles.  Everyone is armed and crime is rare.  The fool should of known better.  They're nuts up there.  Talk about living in the sticks.  That's it.

Portland, OR, not Portland, ME

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 03:41:23 PM »
I'm surprised she didn't eat him. :P

lol

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 11:35:06 PM »
Wow.  Don't f**k with those Maniacs.  Maine is like a forgin country.  Where I lived their was 1 sheriff who covered 3 towns, about 50 miles.  Everyone is armed and crime is rare.  The fool should of known better.  They're nuts up there.  Talk about living in the sticks.  That's it.

You think that's a big deal? Try spending some time in west Texas. Many towns out there don't even have law enforcement.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 12:33:22 PM »
Intruder killed by nurse was hit man, police say
POSTED: 6:31 a.m. EDT, September 16, 2006

PORTLAND, Oregon (AP) -- When Susan Kuhnhausen returned home from work one day earlier this month, she encountered an intruder wielding a claw hammer. After a struggle, the 51-year-old nurse fended off her attacker by strangling him with her bare hands.

Neighbors praised the woman for her bravery, and investigators said they believed the dead man -- Edward Dalton Haffey -- was burglarizing Kuhnhausen's home.

But after an investigation, police now say the intruder Kuhnhausen strangled was apparently a hit man hired by her estranged husband -- Michael James Kuhnhausen Sr. -- to kill her.

The 58-year-old husband was taken into custody Thursday and charged with conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder. He was ordered held on $500,000 bail.

Haffey had worked as a custodian under Kuhnhausen at an adult video store, according an affidavit filed by the Multnomah County District Attorney's office.

Kuhnhausen and his wife were in the process of getting a divorce, and she told officers "her husband was distraught about the divorce and wanting to reconcile but that she was insisting on the divorce," the affidavit states.

A background check showed Haffey had served lengthy prison terms for conspiracy to commit aggravated murder and convictions for robbery and burglary.

Inside a backpack Haffey left at the scene was a day planner with "Call Mike, Get letter," scribbled on the week of September 4, the affidavit said. Michael Kuhnhausen's cell phone number was jotted on the inside of a folder, it said.

An emergency room nurse who lives in a southeast Portland neighborhood, Susan Kuhnhausen arrived home on the evening of September 6 to find Haffey coming at her with a claw hammer.

She was struck in the head and wrested the weapon away, but the struggle continued and Haffey bit the nurse, according to police. A large woman, she was eventually able to get the slight Haffey into a chokehold and police later found him dead in a hallway. An autopsy revealed the cause of death as strangulation.

Police say she acted in self-defense.

There was no sign of forced entry into the home, but according to the affidavit, Susan Kuhnhausen offered an explanation for the lack of evidence of a break-in: Her estranged husband had the security codes for the home's alarm system, and would have been able to disarm it.

Michael Kuhnhausen denies any involvement, the affidavit states.

Susan Kuhnhausen was out of town attending a nursing conference and did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

She left this message on her voicemail: "I'm not able to answer all the calls that I've received in the past few days. I'm being comforted by your concern and your support. I want you to know that our lives are all at risk for random acts, but more likely random acts of love will come your way than random acts of violence."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/16/intruder.killed.ap/index.html

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 06:12:14 AM »
Sounds like she's got some great support around her.  How sad that her estranged husband ordered a hit on her.