Author Topic: Inaccurate Bra Sizes... grrrrr!!!  (Read 15400 times)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Inaccurate Bra Sizes... grrrrr!!!
« on: September 08, 2006, 04:58:48 PM »
I've asked other women at the gym and most agree.  If you train and have less bodyfat, more of a tapering back, bra sizes become almost irrelevant.  If the cup fits, then the band around the back feels like you're being hugged by a boa constrictor. Sometimes the opposite is true. If it fits around the back, the cup floats (depending on what you have to fill it  ;)). Also, when you have less fat around the hips, you get grief from the saleswomen if you want a matching bra-knicker set in different sizes, or you find the bra in your size, but not the knickers.  It's tough being a woman.  >:(

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Inaccurate Bra Sizes... grrrrr!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 10:10:55 AM »
I second that!  >:(

Although I don't really have to wear a bra...now.  :D
:D Weee

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 10:12:03 AM »
Also, if you go to Victoria's Secret they will measure you and get you the right cup size and rib size 99% of the time...if you don't mind being measured by a chick you don't know, lol.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 10:17:24 AM »
I second that!  >:(

Although I don't really have to wear a bra...now.  :D

Lol, lucky you!!!  :)

Also, if you go to Victoria's Secret they will measure you and get you the right cup size and rib size 99% of the time...if you don't mind being measured by a chick you don't know, lol.

Up in Canada we don't have Victoria Secret.  Although now that I'm on your side of the fence I'm sooooooo going on a shopping rampage.  ;)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 10:43:02 AM »
Lol, lucky you!!!  :)

Up in Canada we don't have Victoria Secret.  Although now that I'm on your side of the fence I'm sooooooo going on a shopping rampage.  ;)
Welcome to the US of A Deedee.  Vicky's place is the best place to shop.  They even carry my size.  :D

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 11:29:08 AM »
Welcome to the US of A Deedee.  Vicky's place is the best place to shop.  They even carry my size.  :D

out of curiosity, Cheri what size are you?  You make it sound like they are rather large. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 11:31:33 AM »
out of curiosity, Cheri what size are you?  You make it sound like they are rather large. 
I had implants done Migs.  There's a whole thread on it here on the pics board.  They (getbiggers) loved raggin on me for having it done, but whatever.  I did it for me, not them.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 11:34:54 AM »
ah ok, don't remember if i have seen that or not.  The reason I ask is that the last person i was with was rather busty and had no issues finding bras there

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 06:57:22 PM »
ah ok, don't remember if i have seen that or not.  The reason I ask is that the last person i was with was rather busty and had no issues finding bras there
I have a rather small rib size (34) and large cup size (full D).  At first the doctor was like no, that's too big for your frame, but when I tried on the samples...he said "ok they look pretty good.  your back end (ass) balances them off".  Nice way of telling me I have a big ass.  lmao  Although my waist is only a 26 so they make me more curvy.  And I like curvy.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 08:35:58 PM »
The best Victoria Secret store I've ever shopped in was their flagship store on N. Michigan in Chicago.
I went completely nutso in that store.

I don't bother with bras anymore either. Haven't worn one since May 2004, and I'm loving it!
w

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 08:41:14 PM »
The best Victoria Secret store I've ever shopped in was their flagship store on N. Michigan in Chicago.
I went completely nutso in that store.

I don't bother with bras anymore either. Haven't worn one since May 2004, and I'm loving it!

darn it . . . why did I agree to those rules?!?  >:(

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 08:56:04 PM »
darn it . . . why did I agree to those rules?!?  >:(

{LOL} I knew you were gonna have a hard time with that.  Go ahead, ...I'll give ya one-pass.
Wouldn't want to see ya busting a gut or getting a hernia trying to keep it in :P

ps - (Better make it good, 'cause it's the only one you're getting)
w

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 11:50:26 AM »
Better to PM Jag, Al.  Remember that women may be lurking here trying to decide if they want to post here or not.

Thanks for the restraint ;D
R

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 01:50:23 PM »

I hate them too and try to avoid wearing them whenever I can!!! But it's not always possible. At work going sans comes under the heading of sexual harrassment.  >:(

Last time I went through customs was wearing a little semi see-through tee with a jacket on top and got pulled aside for the interrogation... so off with the jacket. Quite the spectacle. Won't ever do that again, lol.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006, 07:13:11 PM »
out of curiosity at what size do u not wear one?

Articulate Bodies

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.articulatebodies.com Chaundra Tangi, IFBB Pro
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 07:57:19 PM »

Yes, they are great, and if you live near a Nordstrom, they rock too! I always thought I was a 34C or 36B, but when I went to Nordy's, I found that I am actually a 32D! I bet many of you who have been in D or DD cup will need to go a little higher in the alphabet  :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 03:07:56 AM »
Yes, they are great, and if you live near a Nordstrom, they rock too! I always thought I was a 34C or 36B, but when I went to Nordy's, I found that I am actually a 32D! I bet many of you who have been in D or DD cup will need to go a little higher in the alphabet  :)
I would pass out if they told me I was any bigger.  lol  Just a "D" cup looks like your carrying a ribbon with 2 hats on it.   :D

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 07:52:28 AM »
Couple of years back I took a part time job at night counting inventory.  One of those jobs where you basically go into a store with a calculator hanging off your belt and proceed to count every item in the store.  Monotony at it's finest.  Anyway, over the course of the month that I continued to do this, I ended up counting 2 Victoria Secret stores and 2 Maidenform stores as well.  Hours spent digging through panties, bras, etc., you name it.

Anyway, while this seemed at the beginning like it was going to be fun (before I got there), after the first hour into it I had already had my fill and was dieing to get home already.  If you understand the working in a bakery philosophy then you will get where I'm coming from.  Since that time I am no longer as enamored seeing a woman in VC undergarments  :-\
BKS - Guardian of Truth

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 02:19:11 PM »

Ya, ...but try finding a 32D unless you're in a specialty store.   :-\
w

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 06:39:33 PM »
Ya, ...but try finding a 32D unless you're in a specialty store.   :-\
I hear ya Judi.  :(

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 06:41:04 PM »
didn't think it would be that hard.  If you have an Intimacies they do bra sizing and also carry a selection for bustier women as well as making custom sized bras.  But you probably already know that.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 06:43:12 PM »
didn't think it would be that hard.  If you have an Intimacies they do bra sizing and also carry a selection for bustier women as well as making custom sized bras.  But you probably already know that.
It's hard, not only that, but when you're over a "C" cup the thickness of the band and the straps all of a sudden take over the bra and look like old ladies bras.   :-\

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »
ah ok.  Never really noticed the straps.  I know typical guy response

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 08:59:40 PM »
It's hard, not only that, but when you're over a "C" cup the thickness of the band and the straps all of a sudden take over the bra and look like old ladies bras.   :-\

Tell me about it! I soooo f'in hate that!  >:(

Then you end up with that groove in your back down your lats, that just ruins the silhouette and makes ya look like you have fat hanging off your sides when you really don't!  >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(

I'd rather poke out somebodies eyeball than have groves in my lats.
w

Articulate Bodies

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.articulatebodies.com Chaundra Tangi, IFBB Pro
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 04:15:40 PM »
I have to plug Nordstrom again because they have some great bras in larger sizes that are beautiful and comfortable! I thought if i went for a smaller size around it would show too tight in snug-fitting tops, but they really don't. It's definatly worth a try- my mom always wore a 34D or a 36C and she found that she's actually a 34DD or a 32E-  UGHH!!!!! I wish I had inherited her breast size! tee hee  ;D

:)