Author Topic: Reasons Why Low Carb Is The Way TO GO...  (Read 19418 times)

Burt Reynolds

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Re: Reasons Why Low Carb Is The Way TO GO...
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 09:21:22 PM »
If the below statements are true, can I drink 40 beers a day at 100 calories a piece and gain muscle? Please let me know ASAP, as the local liquor store is having a sale on 30 packs.

A calorie is a unit of heat.

A degree of Farhenheit=a degree of Farhenheit.

A watt=a watt

A kelvin=A kelvin

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 09:28:24 PM »
a calorie = a calorie

haha...monster logic ;D

I didn't read all of the posts, what genius said that??

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006, 09:30:33 PM »
I didn't read all of the posts, what genius said that??

Einstein.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006, 09:50:33 PM »
it's scientific data, a calorie is a measure of energy. do you really get people to pay you for advice?

There's difference between a calorie that has nutritional value and one that doesn't. If some one is on a calorie controlled diet (one that controls total body weight) then they can get away with incorporating some empty calories as long as it falls into their caloric range, but someone who wishes to retain muscle and controls their macronutriants (protien, carbs and fats) cannot afford to have empty calories simply because there nutriants are already at a deficit...in short, "a calorie is not a calorie"!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2006, 09:58:24 PM »
There's difference between a calorie that has nutritional value and one that doesn't. If some one is on a calorie controlled diet (one that controls total body weight) then they can get away with incorporating some empty calories as long as it falls into their caloric range, but someone who wishes to retain muscle and controls their macronutriants (protien, carbs and fats) cannot afford to have empty calories simply because there nutriants are already at a deficit...in short, "a calorie is not a calorie"!

It takes Minimal amounts to add and mantain muscle.

Eating 350 grams of protein a day (300 lbs of meat a year)

to add 48 ounces of muscle(the amount a Lifetime Natural can expect to gain via Human Physiology)  Is clearly a gross error in efficiency.

300 lbs to produce 48 ounces is absurd.

Think about the logic in that.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2006, 10:12:09 PM »
Replacing calorie for calorie will not work, you will end up with the same sum and same amount of energy that HAS to be expended.Somewhere along the lines, you are creating a defecit and not replacing calorie for calorie.   People cut out the sugars and such because a small amount adds up to a lot calories quick.

I don`t cut it out because I use them to stay in a defecit.  I use them as my calories. I would rather eat a Krispy Kreme than a chicken breast.

A 250 calorie Krispy Kreme Doughnut is going to require the same amount of energy to burn as a 250 calorie Chicken breast.

Your logic only works if the food you are eating has absolutely no other effect on your body than to be burned for it's calories. Our bodies derive things from the foods we eat, and uses them for different purposes. A calorie is not just a calorie. If that was the case, then nothing would ever cause an insulin spike because nothing we ingest has any effect on our physiology. Your logic is internally inconsistent, which it has been from the very beginning. And I realise that you are not going ot be swayed, and that you will either ignore this, or just say you look better than everyone, insult me, and say I'm wrong "just because"; but I thought that it was important to point out that you owned yourself ;D
I min/max my physique

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2006, 10:17:11 PM »
Your logic only works if the food you are eating has absolutely no other effect on your body than to be burned for it's calories. Our bodies derive things from the foods we eat, and uses them for different purposes. A calorie is not just a calorie. If that was the case, then nothing would ever cause an insulin spike because nothing we ingest has any effect on our physiology. Your logic is internally inconsistent, which it has been from the very beginning. And I realise that you are not going ot be swayed, and that you will either ignore this, or just say you look better than everyone, insult me, and say I'm wrong "just because"; but I thought that it was important to point out that you owned yourself ;D

The amount an INSULIN spike is Directly proportion to the AMOUNT of the Carbohydrate in question.

When in Low calories, a few cookies can equate to a cup of oats based on Glycemic Load.

The lower the calories go, the less and less it becomes a factor.

Throw in a defecit with an intense workout(demand for Carb and fat usage) the concern becomes even more non-existant.

Furthmore you require LOW amounts of protein to build muscle and sustain it.

The only thing that WILL cause you to atrophy is lack of training.

This can be seen when Astronauts,who eat well in space prefectly balanced, lose muscle tissue not due to lack of nutrition, but due to no gravity and lack of use.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2006, 10:19:43 PM »
Calories cannot be higher than what you don`t burn.

Trying to eat more is dangerous when trying to diet.  You will never get there.

you keep missing the point...you can eat more calories and lose bodyfat...its about changing your body composition and low carb is the way to do that.

if your already at 8% bodyfat and wanna eat that junk then fine...it will catch up to you and you will gain fat...i dont care how low your calories are

like i said all calories are not metablolized the same way.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2006, 10:20:06 PM »
I'm extremely carb sensitive when preparing for a diet.  I will continue to lean out at around 180-200 per day.  If I go over that my vascularity and lines are noticably lesser the very next day.  Everyone is different but for me to get very lean I need to keep my carbs around 1 grams per pound that I weigh and up the cardio.  I respond much better to that and hold on to much more muscle mass than I do if I drastically cut my carb-intake.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2006, 10:26:34 PM »
I'm extremely carb sensitive when preparing for a diet.  I will continue to lean out at around 180-200 per day.  If I go over that my vascularity and lines are noticably lesser the very next day.  Everyone is different but for me to get very lean I need to keep my carbs around 1 grams per pound that I weigh and up the cardio.  I respond much better to that and hold on to much more muscle mass than I do if I drastically cut my carb-intake.

no you don`t.
There is no such thing as being Carb Sensitive in a caloric defecit....In a defecit all carbs HAVE to be USED so optimum fat storage can be used for fuel.

You are deluding yourself by "THINKING" key word "THINKING" that you need to do x to produce y.

You have done no Scientific methodolgy to determine this.  It is based on what you THINK.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2006, 10:27:11 PM »
I'm extremely carb sensitive when preparing for a diet.  I will continue to lean out at around 180-200 per day.  If I go over that my vascularity and lines are noticably lesser the very next day.  Everyone is different but for me to get very lean I need to keep my carbs around 1 grams per pound that I weigh and up the cardio.  I respond much better to that and hold on to much more muscle mass than I do if I drastically cut my carb-intake.

no you are calorie sensitive, you meathead.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2006, 10:27:36 PM »
The amount an INSULIN spike is Directly proportion to the AMOUNT of the Carbohydrate in question.

So a calorie is not just a calorie. Carbohydrates cause insulin spikes among other things. So the type of calorie does in fact make a difference to how our physique developes. If you don't get the right vitamins and minerals from your food, you get scurvy. If  calorie is just a calorie, none of that would happen.

And if when in a calorie deficit your body burns everything you eat and therefore the effects of the food does not matter, then you would get scurvy anytime you were dieting because your body was burning all the vitamins and minerals in your food instead of using them to maintain your health.
I min/max my physique

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2006, 10:28:03 PM »
you keep missing the point...you can eat more calories and lose bodyfat...its about changing your body composition and low carb is the way to do that.

if your already at 8% bodyfat and wanna eat that junk then fine...it will catch up to you and you will gain fat...i dont care how low your calories are

like i said all calories are not metablolized the same way.

In a defecit, All calories ingested have to be COMPLETELY METABOLIZED and BURNED.

Hence the word Defecit.

You cannot store fat in a defecit....It is a Scientific Impossibility.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2006, 10:29:10 PM »
Can I eat Pringles Adonis?

How will I stay below my caloric limit?

one you pop you don't stop.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2006, 10:30:25 PM »
So a calorie is not just a calorie. Carbohydrates cause insulin spikes among other things. So the type of calorie does in fact make a difference to how our physique developes. If you don't get the right vitamins and minerals from your food, you get scurvy. If  calorie is just a calorie, none of that would happen.

And if when in a calorie deficit your body burns everything you eat and therefore the effects of the food does not matter, then you would get scurvy anytime you were dieting because your body was burning all the vitamins and minerals in your food instead of using them to maintain your health.

As far as Energy Expenditure, a Calorie is a calorie.

It takes equal amounts of energy for a carb and a fat to be burned.

To be in a defecit, WHICH IS A REQUIREMENT to LOSE BODYFAT,

All calories ingested will have to be burned.  You CANNOT store in a defecit...It is an impossibility.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2006, 10:33:41 PM »
no you don`t.
There is no such thing as being Carb Sensitive in a caloric defecit....In a defecit all carbs HAVE to be USED so optimum fat storage can be used for fuel.

You are deluding yourself by "THINKING" key word "THINKING" that you need to do x to produce y.

You have done no Scientific methodolgy to determine this.  It is based on what you THINK.
Sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black. Except in this case, there is loads of research out there on low carb diets, the effects of keytones on the body, as well as anecdotal reports and personal experiences that say the contrary. Yet you have not presented any evidence that is in any way valid. No research articles by peer reviewed journals, no long term studies, no response to all the holes in your logic.
I min/max my physique

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2006, 10:33:58 PM »

according to TA there is no such thing as being carb sensitve...lol

i agree with you....but needing that many carbs is often a psychological hurdle that people have a hard time getting over...i'm not saying 180-200g of carbs is too much for you but if you are trying to get in top contest shape than it is...as you lower your carbs add more protein and good fat.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2006, 10:34:14 PM »
High protein is the way to go.  I recommend 1lb of chicken breast per pound of lean bodyweight.   

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2006, 10:35:19 PM »
according to TA there is no such thing as being carb sensitve...lol

he's right you fool, that's a term made up by ignorant bodybuilders like you that pull shit out of their asses.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2006, 10:37:01 PM »
As far as Energy Expenditure, a Calorie is a calorie.

It takes equal amounts of energy for a carb and a fat to be burned.

To be in a defecit, WHICH IS A REQUIREMENT to LOSE BODYFAT,

All calories ingested will have to be burned.  You CANNOT store in a defecit...It is an impossibility.
Then what about fat homeless people? Or look at a college campus, you will see tons of people who operate in a caloric deficit but have a beer gut from all fo the drinking they do? And it takes more energy to burn fat than a carb.
I min/max my physique

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2006, 10:37:46 PM »
Then what about fat homeless people? Or look at a college campus, you will see tons of people who operate in a caloric deficit but have a beer gut from all fo the drinking they do? And it takes more energy to burn fat than a carb.

beer has calories you moron.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2006, 10:40:35 PM »
Sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black. Except in this case, there is loads of research out there on low carb diets, the effects of keytones on the body, as well as anecdotal reports and personal experiences that say the contrary. Yet you have not presented any evidence that is in any way valid. No research articles by peer reviewed journals, no long term studies, no response to all the holes in your logic.

thats because its not logical...its stupidity.

plain and simple...

take a person getting 1200 calories from baked chicken and spinach...replace that with 1200 calories from oreos and krispy kremes.

you know what happens...lol

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2006, 10:41:35 PM »
thats because its not logical...its stupidity.

plain and simple...

take a person getting 1200 calories from baked chicken and spinach...replace that with 1200 calories from oreos and krispy kremes.

you know what happens...lol

you obviously don't know.  Because you haven't done it.  You are assuming.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2006, 10:42:58 PM »
beer has calories you moron.
But not alot. About 100 calories in a light beer. And for most people, they're not going to be drinking enough beer to send them out of a calorie deficit when they're only eating two or three times a day if that
I min/max my physique

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2006, 10:44:45 PM »
he's right you fool, that's a term made up by ignorant bodybuilders like you that pull shit out of their asses.

lol...look at bodybuilders and insulin usage.

that is why one bodybuilder take insulin and gain lean muscle tissue like crazy...while another can take the same amount of insulin and get fat as hell, unless their taking t3, clen, ect.

insuliln sensitivity/resistance.