Author Topic: Cutting phase  (Read 2237 times)

1more

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Cutting phase
« on: September 09, 2006, 03:53:46 AM »
Hi guys,

I have been cutting for a few weeks now and have dropped calories from around 3000 a day to around 2000(with one mild carb spiking day each week). I am having at least 1gm of protein for every pound of bodyweight and am only on protein powder at the moment. I never did cardio while bulking and now am running about 4 times a week while still doing the same weight routine (upped the reps a bit). Bf estimate is about 15% want to get to around 10%.

....Now the problem is although I'm losing fat, I am losing a fair bit of muscle as well. I naturally have a really fast metabolism and worked hard for this muscle so I dont want to piss it away. I was under the impression that if I kept up the protein and dropped the calories I should maintain my muscle mass and lose fat only (I realise its not going to be 100% fat loss). I understand that the fundamental 'calories in must be less than calories out' when losing weight , so if i add more calories then I wont continue to lose weight right?

Any supplements (not ECA) or any training advice much appreciated!

cracka37

• Getbig I
Re: Cutting phase
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 04:06:49 AM »
Add more calrories but do it in the form of protein. So instead of eating 1 g of protein per pound of bodyweight jump it up to 1.5g - 2g of protein per pound of bodyweight. Also make sure your eating some whole food sources such as steak, chicken, eggs, egg whites, turkey, fish, etc. Maybe add 1 more day of cardio per week, and continue with your refead day once per week and you should be fine.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 06:34:32 AM »
Hi guys,

I have been cutting for a few weeks now and have dropped calories from around 3000 a day to around 2000(with one mild carb spiking day each week). I am having at least 1gm of protein for every pound of bodyweight and am only on protein powder at the moment. I never did cardio while bulking and now am running about 4 times a week while still doing the same weight routine (upped the reps a bit). Bf estimate is about 15% want to get to around 10%.

....Now the problem is although I'm losing fat, I am losing a fair bit of muscle as well. I naturally have a really fast metabolism and worked hard for this muscle so I dont want to piss it away. I was under the impression that if I kept up the protein and dropped the calories I should maintain my muscle mass and lose fat only (I realise its not going to be 100% fat loss). I understand that the fundamental 'calories in must be less than calories out' when losing weight , so if i add more calories then I wont continue to lose weight right?

Any supplements (not ECA) or any training advice much appreciated!

stop your running and slowly increase calories so you are only losing 1-2 pound s a week any more and it is muscle...you cut back your intake by 1000 calories which in my mind is way too much any changes in calories should be no more than 500 cals at a time... all this running will make you look like one thing:

a runner

Bolo

• Getbig II
  • I break you
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 07:15:34 AM »
supplement with some non fat sugar free ice cream
-Animal Kingdom-

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 03:55:10 PM »
fwhen I'm cutting I up my fish oil intake from 9g to 18g per day (6 installments of 3g each) which seems to help.  Also 20 liver tabs during the night.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 03:56:04 PM »
when I'm cutting I up my fish oil intake from 9g to 18g per day (6 installments of 3g each) which seems to help.  Also 20 liver tabs during the night.