Author Topic: Earl's annual NFL predictions  (Read 148661 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: Earl's annual NFL predictions
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2006, 11:29:49 AM »
he had more than 100 yards against miami too, no running back gets a 100 yards every game

bettis wasn't as good as eevrybody thought, he had like 350 yards rushing last year I think

duce was supposed to be the guy but he's a bum, they keep trying haynes for whatever reason, I guess they like to see fumbles ??? they signed najeh davenport who is pretty good when healthy but for some reason he hasn't played yet

it's all up to big ben, we go when he goes

E
It's not the point of going 100 yds every game, but to have a back that just beats up the D-line.
When Parker passes the D-line do you think they are going to be chasing him? But when Bettis came in, he just hit them and hit them and eventually you run the clock down and slow down the pass rush. Right or wrong?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2006, 07:52:18 PM »
wrong :P

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2006, 08:23:37 PM »
wrong :P

E
Well I guess what Pitt is doing is working then? Lol.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2006, 08:19:16 AM »
Well I guess what Pitt is doing is working then? Lol.

the running game is not the problem at all

do you watch the games or do you just go by what Woody Paige says on Around the Horn lol?

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2006, 11:02:12 AM »
the running game is not the problem at all

do you watch the games or do you just go by what Woody Paige says on Around the Horn lol?

E
DTV NFL Ticket. I watch as many games as I can. You should know for YEARS the Steelers played smash mouth run em over with a big back offensive style football. Same coach for the last 10 years, same offensive scheme, but this year no BIG BRUISING BACK. Before  Bettis there was Bam Morris. So explain to me if they have the same offense as last year (and previous years) why are they struggling to move the ball now? The only thing I see missing from that formula is a BIG BACK.

If you are in the lead and can control the clock with a bruising ground game, your chances are better at winning. Pretty simple thought. Willie Parker is NOT a bruising runner. Why aren't defensive lines tired and still rush the crap out of the O line and get to Big Ben? Really think about it.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2006, 01:59:22 PM »
youre assuming you have the lead in the game once the Steelers are down more than two scores in the fourth they are done. Big Ben is hugely overrated. Pitt won the super bowl last year mainly due to the refs and somewhat their defense. Pitt will have very hard time making the playoffs. true

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2006, 08:08:32 PM »
DTV NFL Ticket. I watch as many games as I can. You should know for YEARS the Steelers played smash mouth run em over with a big back offensive style football. Same coach for the last 10 years, same offensive scheme, but this year no BIG BRUISING BACK. Before  Bettis there was Bam Morris. So explain to me if they have the same offense as last year (and previous years) why are they struggling to move the ball now? The only thing I see missing from that formula is a BIG BACK.

If you are in the lead and can control the clock with a bruising ground game, your chances are better at winning. Pretty simple thought. Willie Parker is NOT a bruising runner. Why aren't defensive lines tired and still rush the crap out of the O line and get to Big Ben? Really think about it.

look at the numbers willie is doing great

we used "the big back" when we had a lead toward the end of the game, which hasn't been often so far this year :-[

ben is the problem along with receivers dropping passes

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2006, 08:12:14 PM »
youre assuming you have the lead in the game once the Steelers are down more than two scores in the fourth they are done. Big Ben is hugely overrated. Pitt won the super bowl last year mainly due to the refs and somewhat their defense. Pitt will have very hard time making the playoffs. true

the refs what the fuck are you talking about?  are you saying it's legal for a receiver to push off db's or it's legal for a lineman to hold a linebacker?

nevermind it doesn't matter what you think because anyone with half a brain knows the refs did a good jon and there is nothing you haters can do to take away THAT ONE FOR THE THUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you watch the playoffs last year Ben was by far their most valuable player

I bet you think peyton is better than brady too ::)

E
E

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2006, 09:02:26 PM »
look at the numbers willie is doing great

we used "the big back" when we had a lead toward the end of the game, which hasn't been often so far this year :-[

ben is the problem along with receivers dropping passes

E
hahhahhahhahhah amazing you should take a look at your earlier comments about ben in this thread you were talking about him like he was the second coming of christ hahhhahah and i said it earlier in the thread and you got all pissy with me pit has no receivers

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2006, 10:18:02 PM »
 ;D

SEAHAWKS BABY

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2006, 06:24:34 AM »
hahhahhahhahhah amazing you should take a look at your earlier comments about ben in this thread you were talking about him like he was the second coming of christ hahhhahah and i said it earlier in the thread and you got all pissy with me pit has no receivers

yeah i was crazy for thinking the youngest qb to ever win the super bowl and lead his team to a 15-1 record his rookie year with basically the same receivers would NOT struggle ::)

E
E

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2006, 06:34:21 AM »
yeah i was crazy for thinking the youngest qb to ever win the super bowl and lead his team to a 15-1 record his rookie year with basically the same receivers would NOT struggle ::)

E
ok earl you are delusional you are so full of shit he does not have basically the same receivers hhahhahhah oh well 1-2 speaks speaks for itself a rather shit start for the super bowl champs!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2006, 06:39:18 AM »
Except for Oakland and Tampa Bay, their schedule looks pretty rough. If they go 9-7 I will be surprised.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2006, 06:40:02 AM »
Except for Oakland and Tampa Bay, their schedule looks pretty rough. If they go 9-7 I will be surprised.
if they make the playoffs i will be surprised

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2006, 08:28:27 AM »
All three years the pats won the super bowl they started 0 and 2. You guys are funny. Come talk to me at about week 6.

There is no way the steelers win the super bowl this year. But they will be in the hunt. Way to early to tell.
Uh wrong..........
2001 they were 0-2     http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/2001-ne
2003 they were 1-1     http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/2003-ne
2004 they were 2-0     http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/2004-ne

Just making sure the facts are straight. ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2006, 08:38:46 AM »
Didn't the Steelers win their last 5 or 6 games in a row last year? 

body88

« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2006, 09:42:29 AM »
Uh wrong..........
2001 they were 0-2     http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/2001-ne
2003 they were 1-1     http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/2003-ne
2004 they were 2-0     http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/2004-ne

Just making sure the facts are straight. ;D

Shut up I should have known that!!!!!! You are right tho my mistake. First year they won it I should have said!

Anyway the playoff picture is changing every week. I dont see the steelers winning it this year. But I do see them in the hunt. Honestly I think the jags look good. My Pats need to get it together. I dont want to hear it about branch either. The broncos have our number. They beat us last year with both gibbens and branch playing.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2006, 10:01:47 AM »
ok earl you are delusional you are so full of shit he does not have basically the same receivers hhahhahhah oh well 1-2 speaks speaks for itself a rather shit start for the super bowl champs!

he's missing randel el who had a whopping one receiving td last year

nate washington is his replacement and he has 1 td

now what do you have to say? ::)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2006, 10:03:20 AM »
if they make the playoffs i will be surprised

I wonder what you and oldschool flip were saying before the palyoffs last year

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha ;D

some people never get tired of being wrong :P

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2006, 10:03:55 AM »
Didn't the Steelers win their last 5 or 6 games in a row last year? 

8 including playoffs 8)

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2006, 12:43:52 PM »
I wonder what you and oldschool flip were saying before the palyoffs last year

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha ;D

some people never get tired of being wrong :P

E
Last year I was hoping the 9ers would be twice a good as the year before. And they were! 2-14 in
2004, 4-12 in 2005. ;D If they go 6-10, I'll be content because I know they are improving.

And last year I picked Cincy to win the Division, which they did, and said that Pitt would probably make the playoffs as a wildcard. However I pegged Cincy to win over Pitt. We know what happened after that.

People can predict what they want, but if you're sure that Pittsburg will return to the SB, I'm sure you'd be willing to bet money on it. Right? And don't give me this "I don't have any money" excuse because if you believe that they will make it, you would win money not lose it.

So, if I'm wrong I pay. If you're wrong ditto. Care to wager?

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2006, 12:45:49 PM »
Last year I was hoping the 9ers would be twice a good as the year before. And they were! 2-14 in
2004, 4-12 in 2005. ;D If they go 6-10, I'll be content because I know they are improving.

And last year I picked Cincy to win the Division, which they did, and said that Pitt would probably make the playoffs as a wildcard. However I pegged Cincy to win over Pitt. We know what happened after that.

People can predict what they want, but if you're sure that Pittsburg will return to the SB, I'm sure you'd be willing to bet money on it. Right? And don't give me this "I don't have any money" excuse because if you believe that they will make it, you would win money not lose it.

So, if I'm wrong I pay. If you're wrong ditto. Care to wager?

it would be the easiest money you ever made old school

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2006, 08:13:58 PM »
it would be the easiest money you ever made old school

haha what are you his lackey?

how would we go about betting on this and how much?

so I get the steelers and you take the field?

not sure I like those odds :-\

E
E

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2006, 09:19:46 PM »

E

i say the 49rs do better then the steelers

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2006, 10:16:53 PM »

E

Doesn't have to be much. And yes you take the Steelers to fulfill your prediction of a back to back SB. That was YOUR PREDICTION.

I predict the Steelers To get their 6th ring this year

The new slogan replacing "one for the thumb"  is:

DON'T STOP THERE, THE OTHER HAND IS BARE :D :D :D :D :D

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

E

Mine is that they don't repeat. Pretty cut and dry. Let me know.