Author Topic: Earl's annual NFL predictions  (Read 149774 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: Earl's annual NFL predictions
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2006, 06:49:16 AM »
This is the reason why I knew you didn't want to bet. Lol, the 9ers have a better record!
3 times on 3rd and short and they couldn't convert. Sure you don't miss Bettis? How about 0 TD's for Big Ben since last years playoffs including the Superbowl? Explain please. :D

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2006, 05:27:42 AM »
Haha. No answers? And it only gets worse from here.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2006, 09:12:15 AM »
Has a team ever come back from a 1-3 start and made it to the Super Bowl?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2006, 09:35:09 AM »
something is wrong internally with Big Ben thanks to that c u n t Martha Fleishman >:(

bettis is not the reason they are disappointing, it's all on ben :-\

i'm not throwing in the towel just yet, you haters counted them out last year too early and got embarrassed :D

E
E

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2006, 10:10:23 AM »
something is wrong internally with Big Ben thanks to that c u n t Martha Fleishman >:(

bettis is not the reason they are disappointing, it's all on ben :-\

i'm not throwing in the towel just yet, you haters counted them out last year too early and got embarrassed :D

E

I'm not hater of the Pittsburg Steelers.  I just like to jab at fans every now and then. 

My second year playing pop warner, I was on the "Steelers"  we won the league championship.  that same year Terry Bradshaw led the Steelers to their first super Bowl victory.  How could i not like the Steelers?   :)

But in the core i'm a niner fan  ;D

The question is though, has any team ever come from a 1-3 start to make it to the super bowl? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2006, 10:23:36 AM »
I'm surrounded by Pitt fans over here. I used to make fun of them. One guy said 14-2. Anyway now I just feel bad. Bench him and let Batch do his thing until Big Ben is well. My boys are rolling along.We'll see. We have to play the Bears..I still don't think Grossman is the real thing. The "D" on the other hand..... :-[
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2006, 10:28:57 AM »

Ya think?  I guess anytime you bounce off a car windshield without a helmet your play in a collision sport will be affected.  Zero TDs and 7 INTs in 3 games.  Cannot get much worse than that.  (I'm a Roethlisberger fan BTW.) 

Losing The Bus hasn't hurt, because Fast Willie was been very good. 

It's still early. 

body88

« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2006, 03:11:06 PM »
I'm surrounded by Pitt fans over here. I used to make fun of them. One guy said 14-2. Anyway now I just feel bad. Bench him and let Batch do his thing until Big Ben is well. My boys are rolling along.We'll see. We have to play the Bears..I still don't think Grossman is the real thing. The "D" on the other hand..... :-[

Chicago has a great D. We shall see how they do against a good Pats team. They have been playing bums. I think they are the real deal. Just not to the degree the hype train has them.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2006, 03:38:23 PM »

The question is though, has any team ever come from a 1-3 start to make it to the super bowl? 

not sure but in 02 we started out 0-3 and lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs in OT tot he titans

In 95 we started out 3-4 and lost in the super bowl

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2006, 01:35:34 PM »
not sure but in 02 we started out 0-3 and lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs in OT tot he titans

In 95 we started out 3-4 and lost in the super bowl

E
Actually they started at at 1-2 by week 4 and made it to the playoffs because they won their division.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/standings.nsf/Seasons/2002

But tell me this, if running the ball isn't the problem, then why does ESPN, NFL Total Access and HBO Inside the NFL all say that it is a big part of the problem? Just your thoughts.

Oh and I stick by MY PREDICTION: Steelers won't make it back the Superbowl. Too bad I didn't bet you the 1st game of the season when the Steelers won. Maybe you would have bet then.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2006, 08:16:59 PM »
Actually they started at at 1-2 by week 4 and made it to the playoffs because they won their division.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/standings.nsf/Seasons/2002

But tell me this, if running the ball isn't the problem, then why does ESPN, NFL Total Access and HBO Inside the NFL all say that it is a big part of the problem? Just your thoughts.

Oh and I stick by MY PREDICTION: Steelers won't make it back the Superbowl. Too bad I didn't bet you the 1st game of the season when the Steelers won. Maybe you would have bet then.

they started 1-3 and they were the 3rd seed in the playoffs, stop looking for ways to put down the mighty steelers >:(

from what i've seen they are blaming big ben, I hear no mention of willie or bettis like you keep mentioning :P

yes you didn't bet me the first week of the season because you have no balls, you make the bet after they lose a game haha so typical

I still wouldn't have bet because I ain't the gambling type and even if I was only a fool would pick one team against the entire field, no matter how much he believes in that team

E

E

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2006, 10:26:14 AM »
looken good earl::)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2006, 11:04:33 AM »
you were sayin the same last year

what happened again? ;D

E
E

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2006, 11:14:52 AM »
you were sayin the same last year

what happened again? ;D

E
i pray to god i am right this year i am so tired of being wrong >:(

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2006, 08:55:54 AM »
they started 1-3 and they were the 3rd seed in the playoffs, stop looking for ways to put down the mighty steelers >:(
Relax bro, I wasn't putting them down, I was correcting your error that's all.

from what i've seen they are blaming big ben, I hear no mention of willie or bettis like you keep mentioning :P
Lol, it's nice when you  hear what you want to hear, but STATS don't lie. Last year they were 5th in rushing, this year they are 22nd. The Steeler offense is built AROUND THE RUSH first. Their rushing is what set up their passing. Consequently they have to rely on Big Ben, who is NOT a premier QB. A good one, but he's not going to bring you from behind.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RUSHING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=7

yes you didn't bet me the first week of the season because you have no balls, you make the bet after they lose a game haha so typical
Lol, here's where the contradiction comes in............

I still wouldn't have bet because I ain't the gambling type and even if I was only a fool would pick one team against the entire field, no matter how much he believes in that team

E

Again Earl, each football team is responsible for their own destiny or demise. It's not like bodybuilding where it's subjective and left for a judge to decide. It's pretty cut and dry. You score more than your opponenet and you win. For them to at least make it to the SB they need to make it to the playoffs first. IMO you'll need to be at least 10-6 to at least contend.
So what you're really saying is, "I'm not sure the Steelers can be at least 10-6 that's why I won't bet". It's no playing the whole field either. They contend with 16 teams (AFC) and they don't play all of them. 6 of those games are against Division Rivals. But unless they at least split games, they won't have a chance.Top 5 make the playoffs. So again, you aren't sure they can make top 5 in their conference.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #165 on: October 16, 2006, 10:08:23 AM »
why is this thread so quiet all of a sudden?

could it be that you are now scared that the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers are reclaiming their glory?

hmmm ;D

again i never woud've bet you the first week or last week so enough of the bet talk, i don't want your money

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2006, 12:44:18 PM »
why is this thread so quiet all of a sudden?
Lol, they win a game they are supposed to win and you get giddy. ::)

could it be that you are now scared that the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers are reclaiming their glory?

hmmm ;D
Again a team that is 24th ranked against the rush, although 5 against the pass. When Pittsburgh sticks to it's gameplan offense, run first, and well, the pass opens up. Notice that because they ran well Ben didn't have to move around? And of course that vaunted KC pass rush (27th in sacks) helped also.

again i never woud've bet you the first week or last week so enough of the bet talk, i don't want your money

E
You can't take money that you don't bet. Uh, duh. Okay, I'll make it easy. $20 that says the Steelers don't go 10-6. Not SB just 10-6.

body88

« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2006, 01:08:38 PM »
I had fun watching Palmer lose to the struggling bucs. Haha he was talking shit after the Pats destroyed him. Sacked him 5 times in one quarter. Totally shut down the "best offense in football" and ran ALL over them. Brady was playing like dogshit and they still whaled on them all game. People where calling him cocky when he was not a gracious loser after they got spanked by the Pats. This should ground him if he already wasn't.

The Seahawks are going to be a force when Alexander gets back. The bears are very complete and obv a force also. Saints looked good against philly. Denver is a scary team right now lol.

I am looking forward to attending the Indy game in a few weeks. Indy has some serious problems againest the run. Not to mention no running game of there own. Pats have one of the best d lines in the league. If not the best. Defense as a whole is very good. Secondary can be shaky at times. But that is true for most all teams. Special teams is good. The running game is sick. When Brady puts it together we should have a good offensive game to compliment the very strong running game. When the offense gets the timing they will be pretty damn complete 8)

Do you guys think Drew Bledsoe gets a bad rap? He has pretty good Career numbers.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2006, 04:29:13 PM »
Lol, they win a game they are supposed to win and you get giddy. ::)
Again a team that is 24th ranked against the rush, although 5 against the pass. When Pittsburgh sticks to it's gameplan offense, run first, and well, the pass opens up. Notice that because they ran well Ben didn't have to move around? And of course that vaunted KC pass rush (27th in sacks) helped also.
You can't take money that you don't bet. Uh, duh. Okay, I'll make it easy. $20 that says the Steelers don't go 10-6. Not SB just 10-6.

they won the game scheduled and they scored their most points since 1993

stop talking about the run game already you seem to forget that willie ran all over cincinnati

stop talking about betting you gambling junkie >:(

i don't want your money

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2006, 05:05:33 AM »
they won the game scheduled and they scored their most points since 1993
So in other words "They are not a high scoring team".

stop talking about the run game already you seem to forget that willie ran all over cincinnati
He had a good game, but 1 good then 1 bad, 1 good then 1 bad      no consistency

stop talking about betting you gambling junkie >:(

i don't want your money

E
A man that does not accept cash is no man. ;D How about this, if the Steelers don't go 10-6 this season, WILL YOU ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG? Or just make excuses?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2006, 09:46:01 AM »
So in other words "They are not a high scoring team".
He had a good game, but 1 good then 1 bad, 1 good then 1 bad      no consistency
A man that does not accept cash is no man. ;D How about this, if the Steelers don't go 10-6 this season, WILL YOU ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG? Or just make excuses?

no they were never a high scoring team but they score enough to win 8)

well don't you think ben was still a little weak from the appendectomy and maybe the accident?  maybe he is regaining his form?

cash is supposed to be earned, i don't consider taking some poor paper boy's money earning it ;D

yes I will admit I was wrong but I could always say "if it wasn't for ben's accident or appendectomy" ;D ;D

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2006, 03:36:38 PM »
no they were never a high scoring team but they score enough to win 8)

well don't you think ben was still a little weak from the appendectomy and maybe the accident?  maybe he is regaining his form?

cash is supposed to be earned, i don't consider taking some poor paper boy's money earning it ;D

yes I will admit I was wrong but I could always say "if it wasn't for ben's accident or appendectomy" ;D ;D

E
Fair enough and if they go 10-6, I'll just say they had a weak schedule. ;D But I would eat crow and say you were right. Guess we gotta wait.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2006, 10:09:14 AM »
Fair enough and if they go 10-6, I'll just say they had a weak schedule. ;D

that wouldn't be accurate

But I would eat crow .

my crystal ball says "all signs point to yes"

E

E

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2006, 10:12:33 AM »
that wouldn't be accurate

my crystal ball says "all signs point to yes"

E

what was your feeling on the monday night game earl is it rackers fault or should they not have gone to the run in the second half?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #174 on: October 18, 2006, 10:21:48 AM »
what was your feeling on the monday night game earl is it rackers fault or should they not have gone to the run in the second half?

rackers should've made the kick but they don't make every one

the run wasn't working edge had like 50 yards on 36 carries they need lineman

the cards are cursed and will never be a winner

E
E