Author Topic: Earl's annual NFL predictions  (Read 149638 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Earl's annual NFL predictions
« Reply #225 on: October 26, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

I predict the Steelers will finish in last place this year.

PS:  Bodybuilding is not a sport.

I bet you don't even watch football, you care more about what flower or jimmy are doing with their pointless lives ::)

PS : It is

E
E

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #226 on: October 26, 2006, 09:57:45 AM »
ok pushing your hand off the db's chest isn't a push off ::)

announcers lol I like how you ignore the facts I pointed out yet you go by what the announcers said ::)

john madden is still bitter about the immaculate reception and all raider nation hates the steelers, al michaels will always agree with him

if you want to play that game, jeff fisher said the refs did a great job

maybe their win would've been more respectable to you if we out bid almost every team the way your 9ers did in 94...

I don't care about the career statistics your 9ers flourished during a time when dollars won a super bowl.  Where did you get that number anyways?

E

ok,  so now real numbers don't matter?   LAME.  I got the number from NFL team histories.  It a black and white statitical accounting of what teams accomplished.  Not a tainted emotionally slanted view.   :P

And so what if Jeff Fisher says what ever?

I saw it myself,  it wasn't a push off. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2006, 10:19:50 AM »
ok,  so now real numbers don't matter?   LAME.  I got the number from NFL team histories.  It a black and white statitical accounting of what teams accomplished.  Not a tainted emotionally slanted view.   :P

And so what if Jeff Fisher says what ever?

I saw it myself,  it wasn't a push off. 

why don't those large dollar sign numbers on the 49er paychecks mean anything to you?

what makes madden's opinion more valid than fisher's?

what is your definition of a pushoff?  does the db have to be pushed on the ground or what?  hell do you even know what a pushoff is ::)

I have the game on tape and have seen it numerous times

just admit you think the rulebook should be thrown out in a big game and you hate the fatc that your 9ers can't buy another trophy

if I were you i would hate the steelers too

E

E

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: October 26, 2006, 10:32:29 AM »
why don't those large dollar sign numbers on the 49er paychecks mean anything to you?

what makes madden's opinion more valid than fisher's?

what is your definition of a pushoff?  does the db have to be pushed on the ground or what?  hell do you even know what a pushoff is ::)

I have the game on tape and have seen it numerous times

just admit you think the rulebook should be thrown out in a big game and you hate the fatc that your 9ers can't buy another trophy

if I were you i would hate the steelers too

E

Ok,  I'll say it again, because it seems you need to make me out to be a steeler hater to validate your repsonses.

I LIKE the STEELERS.  i HAVE good REASON TO.  I was rooting for them in the SUPER BOWL.   When watching the supoer bowl i was not happy about the calls and wasn't completely happy about the way the Steelers won.   A few questionable calls that went the steelers way seemed to help decide the fate of the game. 

I don't have the game on tape so i can't watch it over and over, but i can tell you this if they called every contact made by wide recievers or DB's like you say they should, we'd have penelties dam near every down.  You know that.  Stop acting like a zealot republican  ;).

And for justifying buying Super Bowls.....  by your logic then, the niners should have won 20 super bowls. 

Come back down to earth.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #229 on: October 26, 2006, 08:11:31 PM »
stop lying you hate the steelers, you say you like them to support your argument

no we would not have penalities every down and if you want to play that game nate wahsington shouldn't have been called for flinching in the falcons game last sunday because there is always somebody moving when teams hurry up to spike the ball

that was just one play anyways, that td wouldn't have been enough for them to win, next you will argue the obvious holding call on locklear

don't ever call me a republican again >:( >:(

by buying super bowls I mean they spent more than most teams and tried to buy championships like the yankees do in baseball

here on planet earth we realize that the steelers were the best team last year 8)

E
E

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #230 on: October 26, 2006, 08:18:43 PM »
Earl1972 FEARS MIKE VICK

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2006, 10:18:47 PM »
haha it is hilarious how you would rather finish dead last than lose in the super bowl

you know who else is undefeated in the super bowl?  The chicago bears

1 for 1 baby ::)

E
So is Tampa Bay, but to do it 5 TIMES is incredible. ;D

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2006, 10:32:09 PM »

Lol, Republican.

by buying super bowls I mean they spent more than most teams and tried to buy championships like the yankees do in baseball
When they won 4 Superbowls in the 80's, free agaency was RESTRICTED. You reallly couldn't buy players because they were bound to teams based on their original contracts. Back then they had plan B free agency. If you knew anything about football you'd know that it wasn't until Reggie White and the Players Association won in court and true free agency was allowed, hence the salary cap kicked in. That was in the early 90's. Logic would tell you that the 80's were before the 90's, so your claim of the 9ers "buying" players to win Superbowls doesn't hold water. So come up with a better argument than this one you stated.

here on planet earth we realize that the steelers were the best team last year 8)
And the year before that was the Patriots........meaning it's not what you've done in the past, but what are you doing now. THat's why teams evolve and change....duh. Right now the Steelers aren't considered playoff contenders and are no better than any other SB winner that has fallen flat the next season. 9ers had it happen to them too and I accepted it, not denied it. Quit being such a homer and see the issues they have. Real fans stay with their teams no matter what, but don't deny issues  and make excuses why their team isn't winning.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2006, 06:34:35 AM »
i'm just saying the 94 championship was bought, you won the championships in the 80's thanks to a pittsburgh guy :D

that "planet earth" comment was responding to his comments about them not deserving the super bowl last year

i never denied their issues

I don't think of them as excuses, they are facts

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2006, 03:47:57 PM »
i'm just saying the 94 championship was bought, you won the championships in the 80's thanks to a pittsburgh guy :D
Well then you should said just the 94 SB win. You seem to insinuate that all the SB's were "bought". But didn't Pittsburg do the same thing when they got Odonnell the year they went to the Superbowl and lost to the Cowboys?

that "planet earth" comment was responding to his comments about them not deserving the super bowl last year
Fair enough.

i never denied their issues
Well you still don't seem to think they have a rushing issue. 5th last year 15th this year.

I don't think of them as excuses, they are facts
SO would you say based on "facts" the Cardinals, who have blown 4 games because they made mistakes should be 5-1?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2006, 04:56:42 PM »
I bet you don't even watch football

Why would I watch a pointless sport?

But, at least it IS a sport, unlike bodybuilding!
Ron: "I am lazy."

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2006, 06:54:44 PM »
stop lying you hate the steelers, you say you like them to support your argument

no we would not have penalities every down and if you want to play that game nate wahsington shouldn't have been called for flinching in the falcons game last sunday because there is always somebody moving when teams hurry up to spike the ball

that was just one play anyways, that td wouldn't have been enough for them to win, next you will argue the obvious holding call on locklear

E

When i was 10 I lived in Clark AFB in the Phillipines.  They would pipe the super in live on Armed Forces TV every year very early in the morning like at 3am.  When i was 7 and 8 i'd try an sneak a few seconds of watching it until my parnets caught me and sent me back to bed.  That Year when i was still 9 my parents let me watch my first super bowl.  I watched the Steelers beat the Vikings 16 to 6.  Later that year i played pop warner football.  I got "drafted" to the "Midget League Steelers" 9 and 10 year olds.  We played in a 8 team league.  We lost 1 game that year to the Rams 26-16.  We had custom Jerseys that looked just like Pittsburg's.  In the play offs we met the Rams for the championship game and beat them 12-0.  My number was "51"  The same as Dirt Winston on the 3rd and 4th Super Bowl winning Steeler teams.  In January of 1976 The Steelers won their second super that i watched.  Leter that year.  Lynn Swan, Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, and Jack Lambert did some deal for the Armed forces over seas and a friend of my dads got them to sign my team picture.  Later, when my father got stationed in northern California (1978) we went to go see the Raiders vs tne Steelers on Monday night.  I got within 10 feet from Lynn Swan during warms ups as he caught a pass from bradshaw.  Unfortunatly Bradshaw got hurt towards the end of the second quarter and Malone had to take over and they lost.  I still have my Jersey to this day from the Steelers.

So that's my Personal Reasons for liking the Steelers....

So don't FUCKING tell me i'm FUCKING lying about being a FUCKING Steeler Fan to help myself in FUCKING a arguement.     >:(

(above sentence written in a fashion for effect  ;D)

That's the point of the push off.  You can say they followed the rules to the letter but as you Nate Washington shouldn't have been called, well there's almost always some form of contact with recievers,  this particular incident the DB didn;t even move as a result.

and just so you know i still think the Steelers were the best team last year,  just not in that game and they had very bad calls to go their way.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2006, 09:13:30 PM »
Well then you should said just the 94 SB win. You seem to insinuate that all the SB's were "bought". But didn't Pittsburg do the same thing when they got Odonnell the year they went to the Superbowl and lost to the Cowboys?
Fair enough.
Well you still don't seem to think they have a rushing issue. 5th last year 15th this year.
SO would you say based on "facts" the Cardinals, who have blown 4 games because they made mistakes should be 5-1?

no they didn't pay o'donnell shit he left for the jets the year after for a $25 million deal which was huge at the time

the rushing game will be fine

roehtlisberger's off field issues have cost them a few games, you wouldn't say that was fact?

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2006, 09:16:18 PM »

Why would I watch a pointless sport?

But, at least it IS a sport, unlike bodybuilding!

yes flower's worthless life is very important ::)

bodybuilding is a sport and you care enough about it to watch live webcasts of shows on saturday nights

and get the hell out of my thread you never say anything remotely funny or valid so take your nonsense back to "teh x" where they appreciate it

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2006, 09:22:44 PM »
When i was 10 I lived in Clark AFB in the Phillipines.  They would pipe the super in live on Armed Forces TV every year very early in the morning like at 3am.  When i was 7 and 8 i'd try an sneak a few seconds of watching it until my parnets caught me and sent me back to bed.  That Year when i was still 9 my parents let me watch my first super bowl.  I watched the Steelers beat the Vikings 16 to 6.  Later that year i played pop warner football.  I got "drafted" to the "Midget League Steelers" 9 and 10 year olds.  We played in a 8 team league.  We lost 1 game that year to the Rams 26-16.  We had custom Jerseys that looked just like Pittsburg's.  In the play offs we met the Rams for the championship game and beat them 12-0.  My number was "51"  The same as Dirt Winston on the 3rd and 4th Super Bowl winning Steeler teams.  In January of 1976 The Steelers won their second super that i watched.  Leter that year.  Lynn Swan, Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, and Jack Lambert did some deal for the Armed forces over seas and a friend of my dads got them to sign my team picture.  Later, when my father got stationed in northern California (1978) we went to go see the Raiders vs tne Steelers on Monday night.  I got within 10 feet from Lynn Swan during warms ups as he caught a pass from bradshaw.  Unfortunatly Bradshaw got hurt towards the end of the second quarter and Malone had to take over and they lost.  I still have my Jersey to this day from the Steelers.

So that's my Personal Reasons for liking the Steelers....

So don't FUCKING tell me i'm FUCKING lying about being a FUCKING Steeler Fan to help myself in FUCKING a arguement.     >:(

(above sentence written in a fashion for effect  ;D)

That's the point of the push off.  You can say they followed the rules to the letter but as you Nate Washington shouldn't have been called, well there's almost always some form of contact with recievers,  this particular incident the DB didn;t even move as a result.

and just so you know i still think the Steelers were the best team last year,  just not in that game and they had very bad calls to go their way.

haha thanks for the life story it brought a tear to my eye ;)

I doubt you can name any other time where a player was called for movement when they were hurrying up to spike the ball

if jackson didn't push off he wouldn't ahve caught the pass hence the pushoff

those calls can't be compared and I love how you ignore the facts that I pointed out before

you just dwell on one or two "bad calls" ::)

E
E

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2006, 09:27:02 PM »
i heard levrone like the chargers

you'd better hurry up and jump ship, there toots
X Board. Integrity is what we do

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2006, 09:50:27 PM »

hahahahhahhaahhhahhahh funny! and ill say it agian your all a bunch of crack smoking piggies in philly you need vick

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2006, 09:51:40 PM »
fucck you, green horn ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #243 on: October 27, 2006, 09:54:57 PM »

the gay x'ers are jacking my thread >:(

and just for your information he's a ravens fan and I hate the ravens

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #244 on: October 27, 2006, 09:55:37 PM »
Earl1972 FEARS MIKE VICK

I wish my steelers could play him every week 8)

E
E

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2006, 09:56:21 PM »
the gay x'ers are jacking my thread >:(

and just for your information he's a ravens fan and I hate the ravens

E

oooooooooooooooooo...... ...............cat fight ;D

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2006, 09:58:16 PM »
no they didn't pay o'donnell shit he left for the jets the year after for a $25 million deal which was huge at the time
I meant the Steelers paid Odonnell before they got to the Superbowl. He was a free agent and picked up by Pittsburgh to "save" the QB position which they lacked for so long.

the rushing game will be fine
That wasn't my point. You stated you don't deny issues the Steelers have, but in retrospect you keep saying the rushing game is fine which it isn't. So in other words....it's a denial. ::)

roehtlisberger's off field issues have cost them a few games, you wouldn't say that was fact?
Apparently according to doctors, himself and Bill Cowher...he's fine physically. He was throwing fine against Kansas City. What was the difference? Try defenses that are great against the pass. Wanna bet, if he plays this weekend, that he has bad numbers against the Raiders? Not money, just to say who's right?

Just a question: How long have YOU watched the Steelers? When was the first game you've ever cheered for them? Let me know so I can quiz you on it. ;)

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2006, 10:00:47 PM »
I wish my steelers could play him every week 8)

E
hey queer johny you would be o-6 right now :D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #248 on: October 27, 2006, 10:03:46 PM »
I meant the Steelers paid Odonnell before they got to the Superbowl. He was a free agent and picked up by Pittsburgh to "save" the QB position which they lacked for so long.
That wasn't my point. You stated you don't deny issues the Steelers have, but in retrospect you keep saying the rushing game is fine which it isn't. So in other words....it's a denial. ::)
Apparently according to doctors, himself and Bill Cowher...he's fine physically. He was throwing fine against Kansas City. What was the difference? Try defenses that are great against the pass. Wanna bet, if he plays this weekend, that he has bad numbers against the Raiders? Not money, just to say who's right?

Just a question: How long have YOU watched the Steelers? When was the first game you've ever cheered for them? Let me know so I can quiz you on it. ;)

he was never considered to be the savior or anything

the rushing attack is far from the biggest problem take away two fumbled punts and they are 4-2 instead of 2-4

the kansas city game was recent and he was also great last week, he struggled in the two games after the appendectomy

I've cheered them since birth

bring on your question

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2006, 10:05:39 PM »
hey queer johny you would be o-6 right now :D

wrong

i know you and those espn know it alls are all giddy about vick but you guys will end up disappointed again and again

E
E