Author Topic: Mat Duval's story from 2006 - Why is he coming back?  (Read 10875 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Mat Duval's story ! why is he comming back ?!
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2006, 11:06:35 AM »
The size and condition of Mat each time i saw him was extremely impressive. Plain and simple, the guy is freakin huge! I

You didn;t see his pro debut then.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2006, 11:13:20 AM »
You all are fucking trippin!!! I have met Mat on several occasions and have came to the conclusion that he is a truly nice, sincere guy. The size and condition of Mat each time i saw him was extremely impressive. Plain and simple, the guy is freakin huge! I bet Mat will prove little negative hating bastards all wrong. Wait and see......
im glad someone said that.
bodybuildersreality.com

Mat DuVall

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2006, 11:54:02 AM »
I could not possibly make any excuses for my pro debut...one big reason I walked away from bodybuilding for awhile...I looked awful. I was flat, small, way off...due most to my not being as focused as I should have been at the time. I should not have rushed to the pro stage. All the same I did, and learned a great deal.

After my pec tear...I definitely could not get back in the ring for a while. It was an uncomfortable feeling when I tried to rush even that. Meaning I wanted to rush back into the ring, but had to listen to my body...My surgeon had said 18 months away from the ring, and went on to say 12 minimum out of the gym, at least training as I would like to...After 4 1/2 months I could not take it, and went back...just cautiously...the results will be seen in 2 weeks at the Atlantic City Pro show. Ironically, it is one year ago this week that I tore my pec...had I listened completly to my doctor I would not have this chance to compete.

I have always tried to explain that what I love is training. I do not love competing. It was a choice I made due to the time and effort I put into building my physique in a gym. Being in a gym for me is a unrivaled feeling...onstage?..I feel a little strange. All the same it has enabled me to travel all over the world and meet so many great people. This alone made it more than worth it...

As for the Muscletech DVD's?...it was an honor to be apart of...at the time it was filmed I had taken a 3 month lay off due to again the injuries I had before winning the Nationals...As much as I was at first un happy about being there?...the irony again is that I was motivated by another guy in that video who on those days was less than we are used to seeing...Branch. He had just had surgery on his arm, and had not been in the gym either...then? he came back to win a couple of pro shows...looking awesome at the Arnold...this motivated me to get past my injuries and focus on future goals...All the same the videos were
informative which is why they were made.

I hope in 2 weeks all will see what almost 2 years away from the stage...and some very tough training can do. Being Mr. Olympia?..not in the cards for me, but earning the chance to be on that stage?...I pray to do so. Be well.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2006, 12:21:30 PM »
You all are fucking trippin!!! I have met Mat on several occasions and have came to the conclusion that he is a truly nice, sincere guy. The size and condition of Mat each time i saw him was extremely impressive. Plain and simple, the guy is freakin huge! I bet Mat will prove little negative hating bastards all wrong. Wait and see......
Highly unlikely. Bottom line is he never faired well at any contest. No hate. Just facts.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2006, 12:33:44 PM »
I actually like Mat.  Met him at the State show a couple of years ago and he was very polite.  I was just shocked at how he looked in the debut as in off season he looked massive.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »
Highly unlikely. Bottom line is he never faired well at any contest. No hate. Just facts.
::)
2003 NPC Nationals 1st place super heavyweights and overall champ is pretty good to me.

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2006, 01:35:25 PM »
I have met Mat for dinner and drinks on several occasions and have came to the conclusion that he is a truly nice, sincere guy and very sensitive and will listen to you intently. The size and condition of Mat's cock each time i saw it was extremely impressive. Plain and simple, the guy's pole is freakin huge!

This blows Mimraw's gay shit out of the water.  Whoa.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2006, 01:40:48 PM »
LOL ya know dude we should form a club called "Anal Rape Stalking Victims of Billy Mimraw."  He's a fat joke.  I've never seen so many roid up so much and have so little to show for it.
hahahaha, he uses the same old tired excuse of, "i'm a powerlifter, i don't care what i look like only what i lift", hahaha, monster delusions.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2006, 01:44:28 PM »
I could not possibly make any excuses for my pro debut...one big reason I walked away from bodybuilding for awhile...I looked awful. I was flat, small, way off...due most to my not being as focused as I should have been at the time. I should not have rushed to the pro stage. All the same I did, and learned a great deal.

After my pec tear...I definitely could not get back in the ring for a while. It was an uncomfortable feeling when I tried to rush even that. Meaning I wanted to rush back into the ring, but had to listen to my body...My surgeon had said 18 months away from the ring, and went on to say 12 minimum out of the gym, at least training as I would like to...After 4 1/2 months I could not take it, and went back...just cautiously...the results will be seen in 2 weeks at the Atlantic City Pro show. Ironically, it is one year ago this week that I tore my pec...had I listened completly to my doctor I would not have this chance to compete.

I have always tried to explain that what I love is training. I do not love competing. It was a choice I made due to the time and effort I put into building my physique in a gym. Being in a gym for me is a unrivaled feeling...onstage?..I feel a little strange. All the same it has enabled me to travel all over the world and meet so many great people. This alone made it more than worth it...

As for the Muscletech DVD's?...it was an honor to be apart of...at the time it was filmed I had taken a 3 month lay off due to again the injuries I had before winning the Nationals...As much as I was at first un happy about being there?...the irony again is that I was motivated by another guy in that video who on those days was less than we are used to seeing...Branch. He had just had surgery on his arm, and had not been in the gym either...then? he came back to win a couple of pro shows...looking awesome at the Arnold...this motivated me to get past my injuries and focus on future goals...All the same the videos were

I hope in 2 weeks all will see what almost 2 years away from the stage...and some very tough training can do. Being Mr. Olympia?..not in the cards for me, but earning the chance to be on that stage?...I pray to do so. Be well.

good luck matt...dont listen to us here at GetBig... we tend to be high strung and  get on people's nerves...ask King for example

;D

Stavios

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2006, 02:06:47 PM »

Hey Mat, thanks for replying in my thread

I think I speak for everyone when I say that you come across as a very cool dude

you should come here more often !

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2006, 02:42:58 PM »
mat is strong as hell...ive seen him do reps using the 190s for dumbell shoulder press.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2006, 04:33:03 PM »
mat is strong as hell...ive seen him do reps using the 190s for dumbell shoulder press.
of course you have. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2006, 04:35:18 PM »
190's for dumbells would mean that he reps with 405 on the PBN

I find it hard to believe  :-\

Maybe Mat can speak on this

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »
of course you have. ::)

dont take my word for it....ask him yourself.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2006, 04:44:51 PM »
dont take my word for it....ask him yourself.
hahahaha, why not just go all the way with the lie and say it was a pair of 250's.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2006, 04:47:58 PM »
hahahaha, why not just go all the way with the lie and say it was a pair of 250's.

we trained at the same gym for a while...ive seen him do it...and rep it, no spot.

if he posts on this thread again he can tell you himself.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2006, 04:49:54 PM »
we trained at the same gym for a while...ive seen him do it...and rep it, no spot.

if he posts on this thread again he can tell you himself.
yeah, of course he did it i mean take it from............him.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
  • Like I care...hahahahha
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2006, 04:51:15 PM »
yeah, of course he did it i mean take it from............him.
You make it sound kind of gay ??
They call me Jaejonna!!!

Mat DuVall

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2006, 06:31:12 PM »
Stavios, (everyone)...

No, thank you for being kind and fair...I read the board all the time, but do not like to jump in so much. Everyone is entitled to their opinion(s)...Some athletes get their feathers ruffled very easy, but I cannot argue with some of the criticisms of my physique...This is why I stayed in the gym for almost 2 years before returning to the stage. I just needed some time to step back...learn how to not always train so intense that I ended up taking steps back rather than forward....

There is no need to mislead about my weight, or strength...everyone will soon see me onstage again...God willing...back in a wrestling ring as well, and will see the benefits of my time off...

Being with Muscletech for 8 years now has been a huge blessing, and I want to go on record that they have many products I use and believe in...they have treated me so well, and stuck with me after my injury. The term, "bodybuilding's strongest arms"?....I did not choose, they did... I have always said there are many many out there stronger than I, bigger than I, etc...it is called marketing, and if people are talking about it?...good or bad?...it means they are paying attention.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
WHAT DOES MATT DUVAL AND A POODLE HAVE IN COMMON? PICTURE THIS!!
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »
I wonder what weights more..
just push some weight!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: WHAT DOES MATT DUVAL AND A POODLE HAVE IN COMMON? PICTURE THIS!!
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2007, 07:22:11 PM »
I wonder what weights more..

Monster Shitzu!!!!!!
Thread Killer

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2007, 07:24:46 PM »
They both get crushed by other better shaped dogs come contest time despite their sponsers.

PB

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2007, 07:25:37 PM »
Tony Soprano alert!
a

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2007, 07:40:49 PM »
That hairline alone is enough to give small children nightmares.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2007, 08:47:09 PM »