Author Topic: how many out there fell"bombarded" by it being 9/11 5th anniversary?  (Read 1005 times)

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
does anyone else but me feel like the media, newspapers, etc are really overdramatizing 9/11's 5th anniversary?! i personally did not lose anyone that day, but i know of people who did. I AM SO SICK OF MEDIA, ETC HAVING TO CONSTANTLY REMIND US OF THAT DAY!  >:(  after it happened, i had nightmares for a good few weeks. yes, it is a day of remembrance, but i do not think the media should be showing tv programs of that day over and over and over again! does anyone else feel the same way i do?! PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS!!! i have a friend who is personally dating a widow of 9/11. him and his new girlfriend have decided to move to cape cod to start a new life over. i can't blame them!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: how many out there fell"bombarded" by it being 9/11 5th anniversary?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 06:47:17 PM »
If you live in the NYC market, I imagine people there are being bombarded, but even there you have a simple solution: kill your television.

About three years ago I moved and decided not to get cable TV in my bedroom. I do have it in the living room but because I am almost never in my living room I hardly ever watch it; months have gone by and that TV has not been turned on.  I still watch the nightly news and read select newspapers online but choosing not to watch television can really change your perception of “the media.” 

You can also make better choices about the media you do consume.  From radio, to TV, to newspapers, to the internet the media outlets you choose to patronize says more about you than about those individual outlets.

There is, and always will be, a lot of trash journalism out there, but consuming it--or not--is your decision.

I am selective about the media I consume and I have only heard or read two references to the anniversary of 9/11 in the last two months.  I don't feel the least bit bombarded.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: how many out there fell"bombarded" by it being 9/11 5th anniversary?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 06:48:54 PM »
Bombarded is a bit of an understatement... Not a day goes by without hearing about 9/11.  You couldn't escape it if you wanted to.  We are for the rest of our lives or until the next big tragedy doomed to be scolded if we attempt to move on with our lives... Nevermind that life is full of tragedy, a morning phase and then a healing from the time we're young until the time we die.  Healing is clearly not what they want for us.  Every generation seems to have a Remember Remember beat over their heads continuously despite the fact that it's completely out of our nature to not move on...