Author Topic: starting new cycle today...this will be my cycle log  (Read 6409 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: starting new cycle today...this will be my cycle log
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 04:58:37 AM »
Yeah Tex we are not tying to discourage or offend you.  I was just making comments about some of the things I see in my gym as Im sure mem was too.  I like your idea of posting a cycle log.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 05:41:05 AM »
well it will not only give me an idea as to what i gained and/or lost when it's all said and done. I will also post pics when it's all said and done...but that will be awhile. If i got easily insulted or hurt I don't think i'd be apart of getbig  ;D

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2006, 06:17:56 AM »
update for this week!  ;D

Whatever sides that flared up while on the dbol has since disappeared! I've also up'd my dosage once i got off the dbol to 450mg of test e a week...I'm not taking anymore than that because my body seems to be responding to it well enough and any more than that seems to be wasteful! your body can only use so much at once correct? I'd also hate to burn out my body's receptors, etc. before i ever reach the olympia stage!  ;) ;D *sarcasm* Seems to be my gamble was correct when i started this cycle.  No real need for lots of drugs if you can find the smallest dosage needed to get results! I've since dropped down the weight i'm using in a few exercises as well...It seems my muscles are fast overpowering my tendons and ligaments to the point where obvious tendonitis is flaring up here and there! So backing off has been the order for now! weighed in at 227 this morning too...seems that I can't fit enough food in my mouth. BF percentage has only gone up one more point so i'm converting the food well it seems.  Strength is still growing at a fairly impressive rate and My legs are growing so fast that i've gone to working my legs only once a week instead of twice. The only problem I'm finding with all this added weight gain is the down sides TO weight gain.  I'm finding myself short of breath alot faster than usual and takes a minute or so longer to recover after a strenuous boxing session,etc. I'm thinking i should up my cardio even more to 30-45 minutes 4 times a week to get back into it! sitting at 227 now...it seems I might be able to hit 210-215 cut easy enough! or is that just wishful thinking?

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2006, 07:16:31 AM »
weight update...my scale was off by 5lbs at home.  I used the doc's scale for the initial weigh in in the beginning and have been using the bathroom scale every morning when I feel like checking myself out...i always thought it was spot on...wrong.  I went to the original scale I had used intitially and it read 234!  I went home and put a 5lb weight on the scale and it would read anywhere from 2lbs to not moving at all!  ??? ???  my strength seems to have hit a plateau as well...which i was kinda expecting..but the overall weight gains made in my movements so far have made me more than happy if nothing else happens.

barnabas

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 05:11:39 PM »
Observation is very good,
videotaping is a good idea
to see (check) your form.

Yeah, I agree.  I had my wife videotape my split for the week and I found a few things that needed to be tweaked.  It's a much better idea than hiring a trainer who is probably going to tell you everything you already know.  So for more experienced people the only purpose a trainer would serve would be to critique you form.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 06:04:58 PM »
Its a good idea sometimes to get an experienced person you trust, cause experience does not always equate to knowledge.  I had been squatting for 15+ years, always a good squatter, short with big legs.  Anyhow I was talking to this old power lifter one day telling him when I squat heavy I had been injuring my knees a lot lately.  Well he said lets check you form.  Turns out I was what he called a knee squatter.  The problem was the first thing I was doing in the initiation of the squat was breaking with my knees.  He told me the first thing that should move should be my ass, dropping that ass first is important for proper form and minimizing the stress on the knees.  Also trying to keep your weight on your heels.

So an old dog was able to teach this younger old dog some new tricks.  Yep a good idea if you are having problems especially, to have someone observe you.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 10:04:30 AM »
those that are talking about viewing videos of yourselfs working...

i noticed that i keep my injured or what was once my injured shoulder on my right side tucked into my body more than my left side....my right elbow and arm come closer to my body during the exercise than my left.  Apparenlty i automatically compensated for it to keep it outta the way..so i'm moving down in weight and really focusing on my position in EVERYTHING chest and benching related.  I'm also staying under 300lbs on the seated overhead presses and sticking to 275 for higher reps instead...and besides...if i'm not building size with 275lbs i might as well quit  :P ;D

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 10:13:47 AM »
also and update on what i'm doing..i've got 6 weeks left worth of test at the dose i'm taking...as of right now i feel like i'm putting on alot of solid weight but i know i'm obviously getting fatter..it's part of it.  So the rest of the time, i'm gonna go back to the way i was eating before i started and just eat MORE that way.  My protien intake is going up to 300-400grams a day depending on availability.  I'm increasing the protein and cutting back on the carbs and especially fats.  Carbs are gonna be limited to early morning to get me going and pre and post workout and that's it.  Trying for about 100-200 a day to help with protein breakdown and energy and still try to keep my cal intake up there at about 3500+ where it has been but without all the pizza or burger here and there.  People are really starting to notice the size i've put on...and so is my wardrobe.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 01:46:38 PM »
Its a good idea sometimes to get an experienced person you trust, cause experience does not always equate to knowledge.  I had been squatting for 15+ years, always a good squatter, short with big legs.  Anyhow I was talking to this old power lifter one day telling him when I squat heavy I had been injuring my knees a lot lately.  Well he said lets check you form.  Turns out I was what he called a knee squatter.  The problem was the first thing I was doing in the initiation of the squat was breaking with my knees.  He told me the first thing that should move should be my ass, dropping that ass first is important for proper form and minimizing the stress on the knees.  Also trying to keep your weight on your heels.

So an old dog was able to teach this younger old dog some new tricks.  Yep a good idea if you are having problems especially, to have someone observe you.

Good post...

i had the same problem...this is why i always tell people to break at the hips and the knees will follow.

i got stronger about 1 month after i started to squat correctly...

8)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 11:57:21 PM »
You see your poundage claims are meaningless unless we can see what kind of form you use so why bother?  I see way too many people doing partial reps and thinking they are doing the weight, or using everything but the intended muscle in an effort to heave the weights around, it makes me laugh. The only thing they are training is their ego.

Concur.

I see this in every type of lifter I encounter.

Whether it's recreational lifters or even heavy lifters.

Form is what keeps you injury free and builds true strength.

Allowing the muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints to move the way they were intended in unison.

These partial reps are not true movements, but static in nature and can lead to injury if not corrected.

Full range of motion is what the body was meant to do, as that would be the case if you were a primitive living in the wild and had to move things out of your way, or in some cases off of you in order to survive. 

I think people forget what the functionality of the muscles are and what they were intended for.

It wasn't to lift weights, it was to lift WHATEVER in order to survive.

Not two inches, but feet at a time in some cases.

The squats are all about the glutes, quads and stabilization muscles.....

It should feel like you're trying to sit down with the weight, your knees mainly there as stabilization.

If too much of the weight is bearing on your knees, you're leaning forward too much.

Spine should be tilted slightly and form should be compact.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2006, 10:08:32 AM »
weighed 238 this morning.  Even with the diet change, I'm still putting on the weight. Seems to be progressing just as fast as it was before.  The protein intake has given me a more "powerful" feeling throughout the day and during my workouts instead of just eating "whatever".

I'm tuning my training up abit too as i go along..seems that certain things require adjustments when other areas gain really fast.  No stretch marks so far which i'm happy with and no more signs of sides! People are starting to notice and question wether or not i'm using anymore...lol

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2006, 10:22:40 AM »
weighed 238 this morning.  Even with the diet change, I'm still putting on the weight. Seems to be progressing just as fast as it was before.  The protein intake has given me a more "powerful" feeling throughout the day and during my workouts instead of just eating "whatever".

I'm tuning my training up abit too as i go along..seems that certain things require adjustments when other areas gain really fast.  No stretch marks so far which i'm happy with and no more signs of sides! People are starting to notice and question wether or not i'm using anymore...lol

What people say and what they are thinking are not necessarily the same thing.

It doesn't matter what people say, it matters what they do.

People can think you look like shit and still give you compliments to your face.

If you really want the truth, look at people's non-verbals.

If you look better than most guys or lift more weight, many of them will dislike you simply because they perceive you to be better than them.

That, more than anything is a real sign that you are progressing.

DIV

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 10:28:35 AM »
i get alot of people staring all the time...and alot of trainers at the gym and people that have gone for awhile asking me this and that and wanting me to help them here and there. It's funny because most of the machines or stations i've been maxing out...I'VE BEEN MAXING out before i started using.  I'm loving the way i'm feeling on test...both mentally and physically.

welcome back div.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 10:59:59 AM »
i get alot of people staring all the time...and alot of trainers at the gym and people that have gone for awhile asking me this and that and wanting me to help them here and there. It's funny because most of the machines or stations i've been maxing out...I'VE BEEN MAXING out before i started using.  I'm loving the way i'm feeling on test...both mentally and physically.

welcome back div.

I get some lifters who ask me for advice on certain bodyparts, mostly traps or pecs.....but most people don't interrupt me during training.

I don't look like someone that wants to be interrupted if you know what I mean.

I rarely talk to people at the gym......not there for friendships or women.

I work out at LA Fitness so that is part of it......I am the type of person you'd expect at Golds.

You can be strong whether you are on AAS or not, it's just that you have less recovery time and feel alot better on than off.

I also can get in more heavy volume when I'm on.

All that hard work I did when I was younger, all those intensive workouts paved the way for what I'm doing now.

I'd rather have it this way than if I'd used AAS when I was nineteen or twenty.

DIV

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 11:13:06 AM »
I work out at LA Fitness so that is part of it......I am the type of person you'd expect at Golds.
  LOL you sound like me..with headphones in i normally just stare at the floor or nod at someone i know and keep going...but there's always alot of bullshitter who love to socialize at LA..it's like the mickey mouse club there later in the day. 

I'm worried about losing some of the volume i've been working at when on when i come off..my back day especially..i'm finally getting my back to thicken up and grow like i've tried....just this past tuesday my back day looked like.

seated cable rows: 3 sets of 12 reps with 305
t-bars: 3 sets of 12 with 7 plates (no more room for more sadly..i think i'm going to hafta go to a corner with a barbell)
hammer strength one arm rows (similar to one arm dumbbell rows) 6 plates per side for 3 sets of 10...i'm sure you know what i'm talking about...that machine where you row from deep down below and pull up while facing forward...i work this exercise unilaterally because I can't do 6 plates per side while pulling both and come back as far into my body.
and a set of light pullovers to finish it out...

I don't really see myself doing THAT when i come off...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2006, 11:37:21 AM »
  LOL you sound like me..with headphones in i normally just stare at the floor or nod at someone i know and keep going...but there's always alot of bullshitter who love to socialize at LA..it's like the mickey mouse club there later in the day. 

I'm worried about losing some of the volume i've been working at when on when i come off..my back day especially..i'm finally getting my back to thicken up and grow like i've tried....just this past tuesday my back day looked like.

seated cable rows: 3 sets of 12 reps with 305
t-bars: 3 sets of 12 with 7 plates (no more room for more sadly..i think i'm going to hafta go to a corner with a barbell)
hammer strength one arm rows (similar to one arm dumbbell rows) 6 plates per side for 3 sets of 10...i'm sure you know what i'm talking about...that machine where you row from deep down below and pull up while facing forward...i work this exercise unilaterally because I can't do 6 plates per side while pulling both and come back as far into my body.
and a set of light pullovers to finish it out...

I don't really see myself doing THAT when i come off...

My workout is alot different than yours.

I have two different back days.

I alternate.

I do DL every other week and another back exercise that day.

The other week I do the Hammerstrength pulldown for six sets, then six sets of shrugs, and maybe close-grip pulldowns last as a burnout.

All my lifts end in maxes, so I get the full exhaustion in.

I never do any exercise for less than 4 sets......ever and that doesn't include the warmup set.

When you come off you will lose some strength gains but not all of it.  The main thing you will notice is that you don't have the same stamina at the higher weights and you won't get the same number of reps for all sets.

You will lose some size as well......but your strength will stay for the most part.

As far as socializing in the gym, you know, the more I concentrate on my workout, the more women try to flirt with me.

There are a couple regulars who I could probably pick up if I wanted, but I'm not there for that.

If they want attention, there are plenty of limpdicks hanging around.

The problem is, they want the guys who are serious lifters.....not the pretenders.

DIV

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2006, 02:40:50 PM »
Good posts guys...i get alot of stares as well. after a really heavy set i notice alot of people just standing there like "holy shit"...most gym people have never seen big weights moved by guys that only weight 230. most of the fat juiced up bastards can't hang and do forced reps with what i rep. alot of cold looks from guys bigger than me but alot weaker...almost like they are jealous or in denial.

i notice the trainers always give me bad looks but once there is eye to eye contact they look away. then they will all come within 20 feet of me when i'm doing deadlifts, but never bother me, i ignore them completely, act like they aren't even there. a friend of mine overheard a trainer say "watch this guy hurt himself" when i had 545 on the floor. i pulled it for a solid triple and his jaw literally dropped. my friend told me that after the lift and i laughed. most trainers at gyms know jack shit.

women don't come up to me often probably because i have headphones on as well and i sweat so bad when i'm training but i get alot of stares and smiles from them...women like strong men. i've made it a point to keep relationships out of the gym where i train.

at my old powerlifting gym i was a regular joe with a decent deadlift. at the LA by my work i haven't seen anyone stronger than me yet. feels good!!!

Texasrush - just keep showing them how us texas boys do it. train like an animal on and off the juice...that's how you get it done. don't worry about your bodyweight too much, you will go crazy. i weigh myself once a week.

nice to have div back, we think alike...

8)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2006, 02:52:10 PM »
Good posts guys...i get alot of stares as well. after a really heavy set i notice alot of people just standing there like "holy shit"...most gym people have never seen big weights moved by guys that only weight 230. most of the fat juiced up bastards can't hang and do forced reps with what i rep. alot of cold looks from guys bigger than me but alot weaker...almost like they are jealous or in denial.

i notice the trainers always give me bad looks but once there is eye to eye contact they look away. then they will all come within 20 feet of me when i'm doing deadlifts, but never bother me, i ignore them completely, act like they aren't even there. a friend of mine overheard a trainer say "watch this guy hurt himself" when i had 545 on the floor. i pulled it for a solid triple and his jaw literally dropped. my friend told me that after the lift and i laughed. most trainers at gyms know jack shit.

women don't come up to me often probably because i have headphones on as well and i sweat so bad when i'm training but i get alot of stares and smiles from them...women like strong men. i've made it a point to keep relationships out of the gym where i train.

at my old powerlifting gym i was a regular joe with a decent deadlift. at the LA by my work i haven't seen anyone stronger than me yet. feels good!!!

Texasrush - just keep showing them how us texas boys do it. train like an animal on and off the juice...that's how you get it done. don't worry about your bodyweight too much, you will go crazy. i weigh myself once a week.

nice to have div back, we think alike...

8)

I have to admit, some of the women who flirt with me are pretty serious lifters and cute, but I don't mix business and pleasure.

It's a temptation, but I don't get distracted.

If they were that interested, they'd find another way to let me know.

Most women do like strong men.....it's a primal need.

They want that security that comes with it.

They don't even know it, they just know they're attracted.

DIV

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2006, 03:02:56 PM »
My girlfriend said the first time she saw me with my shirt off whe wanted to rape me...lol

8)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2006, 03:47:13 PM »
lmao thats' what my gf says all the time!

if i wasn't sleeping with you already...i'd rape you.  ;D

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 01:18:31 PM »
so far so good...just a few more weeks away from being done and starting the hard part of this whole thing!  ;D  looking in the mirror i'm very excited..i can't wait to show you guys some pics of the end results!  :)

i'm sitting at 238 solid still...i've stopped putting weight as fast..i'm thinking it would require me to eat more food and i might have reached max size for the amount of intake i've been at. 

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 01:19:40 PM »
Don't limit yourself...

if you want to get bigger, you can without upping the dose.

8)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 01:27:16 PM »
yeah i'm not upping the dose at all..i feel like i've made alot of progress on the dose i'm at.  The solution to this would be to eat more food.  I'm thinking i'll up the clean carbs since i've already up'd the protien. I've got..i think 5 more weeks of shots left. 245+ is doable  :)  I'm still floating around 13-14% bf now..the bf is going up a little bit but started moving upwards more so when i started taking in alot more protien.

both arms measuring 18" now! unilateral training has paid off! one arm has more tri and less peak and the other makes up for the lack of tri's with more peak height..i'm curious as to what they'll burn down to when i start to cut.  They look thick in the mirror...but when i bring it down i bet they'll look overall better and not just big.  I measured with a string and then measured the string with a tape after.  so it's a 3/4" gain from when i started!  :)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2006, 01:34:59 PM »
yeah i'm not upping the dose at all..i feel like i've made alot of progress on the dose i'm at.  The solution to this would be to eat more food.  I'm thinking i'll up the clean carbs since i've already up'd the protien. I've got..i think 5 more weeks of shots left. 245+ is doable  :)  I'm still floating around 13-14% bf now..the bf is going up a little bit but started moving upwards more so when i started taking in alot more protien.

both arms measuring 18" now! unilateral training has paid off! one arm has more tri and less peak and the other makes up for the lack of tri's with more peak height..i'm curious as to what they'll burn down to when i start to cut.  They look thick in the mirror...but when i bring it down i bet they'll look overall better and not just big.  I measured with a string and then measured the string with a tape after.  so it's a 3/4" gain from when i started!  :)

So you're using 600MG Test-E ew?

That's moderate, not bad at all......

Still at the point where you can cycle off and not really lose much.

It's when you start going over 1G ew that you risk that huge drop when coming off as your body tries to regain homeostasis.

This is why you see guys look huge seasonally, but shrivel to average or less than average when they come off.

That's not healthy for the mind or body.

DIV

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2006, 01:35:53 PM »
i'm taking 450mg a week..not 600