Author Topic: Would you switch places with your husband?  (Read 12458 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Would you switch places with your husband?
« on: September 11, 2006, 11:12:26 AM »
This question is for stay at home moms. If you had a job that could more than support the family, would you be willing to "switch" and let hubby stay home to take care of children?

I am a stay at home dad, and except for the laundry (my wife actually enjoys doing it) I do everything else at home. Cleaning, cooking, bills, all yard work, shopping for groceries, and also take care of our 2 year old daughter.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Would you switch places with your husband?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 12:31:42 PM »
This question is for stay at home moms. If you had a job that could more than support the family, would you be willing to "switch" and let hubby stay home to take care of children?

I am a stay at home dad, and except for the laundry (my wife actually enjoys doing it) I do everything else at home. Cleaning, cooking, bills, all yard work, shopping for groceries, and also take care of our 2 year old daughter.
According to Dr.Phil, a stay at home mom works the equivelent of two jobs. He's right.
PB

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 01:49:38 PM »
According to Dr.Phil, a stay at home mom works the equivelent of two jobs. He's right.
PB

some times.  Not bashing anyone but I have known some very plush home moms that do almost nothing.  Then i know some that just can't organize their time for crap.  Then yese there are some that bust butt daily.  Kudos to them

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 01:52:54 PM »
I PLEAD THE 5TH.  :-X
:D Weee

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 02:00:02 PM »
I would definitely NOT want to switch places w/my husband. 

I PLEAD THE 5TH.  :-X

;D
R

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 05:49:49 PM »
I would definitely NOT want to switch places w/my husband. 

;D

I will be able to call Bob my Husband in exactly 19 days!!  AAAHHHH!!!  But I would absolutely NOT want to change places with him!!!  He is perfect at what he does and I know I could not do it better.  He is way too messy to stay home.  He would be on Getbig all day long...nothing would get done.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 05:57:14 PM »
I will be able to call Bob my Husband in exactly 19 days!!  AAAHHHH!!!  But I would absolutely NOT want to change places with him!!!  He is perfect at what he does and I know I could not do it better.  He is way too messy to stay home.  He would be on Getbig all day long...nothing would get done.
You must be getting very excited "T".   :)   Welcome aboard!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 06:02:58 PM »
No, I would most definitely *not* switch places with my husband ;D

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 06:05:30 PM »
You must be getting very excited "T".   :)   Welcome aboard!

Thanks Cheri!!  I wrote Getbig off, but decided to come back to ONLY the female boards.  Its much more docile here.

I am very excited!!  Actually looking forward to it.  I just hope to get this belly into my dress.  :o

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 06:30:59 PM »
Thanks Cheri!!  I wrote Getbig off, but decided to come back to ONLY the female boards.  Its much more docile here.

I am very excited!!  Actually looking forward to it.  I just hope to get this belly into my dress.  :o
I am sure you'll look beautiful.  :)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 09:01:42 PM »

WooHoo! Sounds like someone is getting married! Congratulations.

ps - Save us a piece of wedding cake.  :P
w

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 10:02:50 PM »
The only thing i crave is the fact he has a 2-3 hour drive home and we chat on the PCS to PCS almost the whole way home...i would love to sit on a phone and not have a kid grabbing me, poking me or even whining at me. Tonight was classic...I've been home all day, he drove home (90 miles), made dinner (like he likes), i CLEANED UP, he sat on the couch and said 3 words while watching football, i gave the baby a bath (his fun), played with the tot and the 10 year old and then he said "do you want me to put the baby to sleep?" (like he does every night) and "I'm going to take a shower" and as the 10 year old and i sit on the couch he's no where to be found...GUESS WHAT??? He's asleep. Go figure!!!
I'm a bit irritated and I'd appreciate if some so called guy on this board would put me in my place if you think i need it :-*.
Lisa

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 10:04:28 PM »

That guy in you avatar is HOT!!!!! You should marry him :-*!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lisa

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 06:22:12 AM »
I will be able to call Bob my Husband in exactly 19 days!! 

Congrats!!!  :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 06:33:04 AM »

Welcome back :D

And congratulations :)
R

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 06:36:37 AM »
Yes, I would definitely switch... even if it was just for a few years. I have found that some of my friends who have been stay at home moms for many years, eventually lose touch with reality and end up discounting the pressures people who work outside the home encounter...

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 09:13:45 AM »
WooHoo! Sounds like someone is getting married! Congratulations.

ps - Save us a piece of wedding cake.  :P

Haha...come by sunday after the Olympia.  We are doing it in Vegas...cause the friends are going to be there.  We have a full buffet going on!!  Lots of cake too.

My parents are getting their first experience into the BB world...ummm and we are from Savannah Georgia.  I'm bringing a respirator for my mom, and a blindfold for my dad. Just to make sure they make it to the wedding!!

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 11:45:41 AM »

Congrats Tosha!  You are going to make an amazing lovely bride.  I am so jealous!
So do we girls stuck on the outside get to see some photos at least?  I so want to see your dress.

BTW your not allowed to switch places with Bob.  This place is already covered in 240 vs Chick stuff.  If both of them were on here all day <shudder>  ;D
Just Bad Bad Blood!

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 06:21:54 PM »
Congrats Tosha!  You are going to make an amazing lovely bride.  I am so jealous!
So do we girls stuck on the outside get to see some photos at least?  I so want to see your dress.

BTW your not allowed to switch places with Bob.  This place is already covered in 240 vs Chick stuff.  If both of them were on here all day <shudder>  ;D

Aww thanks hon!  Ron is invited to the wedding, so hopefully we get our own pic thread!  ;) (hint, hint)

Yea, unfortunatly the 240/chick feud is what fuels half of this site...I am doing my best to hide the laptop!!  Once the little one comes, his priorities will be dirty diapers and breast milk bottles!!  240 will have to find someone else to battle with!  I think he has a baby coming as well...will this site crash if he logs off?

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 10:42:25 AM »
The only thing i crave is the fact he has a 2-3 hour drive home and we chat on the PCS to PCS almost the whole way home...i would love to sit on a phone and not have a kid grabbing me, poking me or even whining at me. Tonight was classic...I've been home all day, he drove home (90 miles), made dinner (like he likes), i CLEANED UP, he sat on the couch and said 3 words while watching football, i gave the baby a bath (his fun), played with the tot and the 10 year old and then he said "do you want me to put the baby to sleep?" (like he does every night) and "I'm going to take a shower" and as the 10 year old and i sit on the couch he's no where to be found...GUESS WHAT??? He's asleep. Go figure!!!
I'm a bit irritated and I'd appreciate if some so called guy on this board would put me in my place if you think i need it :-*.
Lisa

Well, you ARE chatting with him for 2-3 hours a day. That's quite a lot, isn't it? He gets home and most everything has been said already, right?

Maybe you should only chat the last 30 minutes of his ride home. That way, when he arrives, he still has stuff to say and is excited to interact with you. Just my opinion.

Also, it sounds like between his work and commute he is exhausted. I know I am when I'm on the road a lot. Give him a little break here. But it's fine to try and engage him also. Give him a kiss and a long hug. Go get him a decaf coffee or a favorite drink after dinner. Pamper him a little and he'll open up to you.

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 09:31:44 AM »
LMAO... very good point!

my bride is a teacher, so I get to do the stay-at-home dad thing while still building websites 12 hours a day.  she's been on bedrest for the last month due to pre-eclampsia (sp?) so my posts have definitely dropped.  Maybe I'll be back on here more when the kids scuttle off to college!

I wish you guys the best for a healthy baby, 240.  From what my doc says, pre-eclampsia is pretty common.  I bet she is going crazy with the bedrest!!  Or atleast driving YOU crazy!!  When is she due?

I guess you and Bob will change your debates from the IFBB vs. PDI to huggies vs. pampers!! 

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 02:44:21 PM »
I wish you guys the best for a healthy baby, 240.  From what my doc says, pre-eclampsia is pretty common.  I bet she is going crazy with the bedrest!!  Or atleast driving YOU crazy!!  When is she due?

I guess you and Bob will change your debates from the IFBB vs. PDI to huggies vs. pampers!! 

Forget the Hatfields and the McCoys.

Now we have Second generation Chicherello's and Zirullo's (excuse the spelling(s))
Maybe they will get married and end the feud  ;D
Just Bad Bad Blood!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 02:48:54 PM »
what if they both have boys?   :-\
w

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 02:57:31 PM »
what if they both have boys?   :-\

Well I guess they would have to move to a more openminded state  ;D

Tosha says she is having a little girl and I think Rob keeps mentioning a son.
I would pay money to attend that Christmas Celebration  ;D
Just Bad Bad Blood!

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 04:40:40 PM »
Well I guess they would have to move to a more openminded state  ;D

Tosha says she is having a little girl and I think Rob keeps mentioning a son.
I would pay money to attend that Christmas Celebration  ;D

Yea we are having a girl...I don't know what Rob is having.  UUUUMMMM, yea....that would be an experience.  We would have to sell tickets.  I'm sure Rob is a great guy...its him and Bob that have the spats.  But they are from two sides of the fence, and very opinionated...so its expected from them.

I think they enjoy it....it keeps them busy and out of our hair.