Author Topic: Poll about Matt Duvall: Does anyone believe this?  (Read 27263 times)

Stavios

Re: Poll about Matt Duvall: Does anyone believe this?
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2006, 02:13:17 PM »
Wow great offer Mat !

Sarcasm, if I was you I'd do it
you have nothing to lose and everything to gain !

Colby

• Getbig II
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2006, 02:15:31 PM »
You Sire Sarcasm, have been called out.  I can't wait to read your responce.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2006, 02:17:17 PM »
You Sire Sarcasm, have been called out.  I can't wait to read your responce.

SARCASM WILL PUNKED OUT. HE AINT GONNA SHOW UP
Get Big, or Die Trying

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2006, 02:30:12 PM »
Who cares if he lifts what he once claimed? He's still a strong guy and has a big physique. It amazes me
the guys on here who wet their pants over what Gunter or Joe Blow or whomever claims to lift. Maybe if they focused on themselves more and started actually training they might look like more than a pile of crap.

BTW-You think anyone is going to slam a supplement company they are getting paid from??

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2006, 02:31:06 PM »

I've hear other Pros who trained with Matt, and they said he's one strong Mofo.

yeah he is, i trained at a gym that has a very hardcore rep and has turned out alot of pros...mat is one of the strongest,if not the strongest i have ever seen.

like i said i have personaly seen him shoulder press the 190s for reps.

the weights he listed for his training with trevor smith are on a smith machine...for someone of his strenght that is believable.

the funny thing is some of the people calling him a liar have posted their workouts on here....which include 10 mins of push ups and grabbing some bitch weight and doing 15 min sets...lol

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2006, 02:38:28 PM »
mat,

you sure you want to do that for sarcasm?

he could come over and no one could hear or see you ever again. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2006, 02:47:07 PM »
wELL, SARCASM, IT'S TIME TO STOP TALKING SHYT AND MEET MATT'S CHALLENGE. GO AHEAD AND REPRESENT GETBIG. IF NOT, YOUR REPUTATION WILL BE RUINED FOREVER

Ok, Sarcasm, lets see if you are more than just an Internet bully.

Matt, you seem like a cool guy. Who were the guys under 200 pounds who Military Pressed 400? Man thats a ton of weight to press.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2006, 03:10:26 PM »
Sarcasm will never do it. the little bitch and will punk out.

besides i think Sarcasm is TA's gimmic account

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2006, 03:42:24 PM »
Sarcasm will never do it. the little bitch and will punk out.

besides i think Sarcasm is TA's gimmic account

You are correct. Sarcasm is TA

Also Hedge is Mars :)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2006, 07:57:20 PM »
Well Mat, I also think you're full of shit (S.P 635 4 2 reps + forced and drops) and I'll gladly take that challenge on YOUR DIME.

I won't go near your strength claims and you'll well and truly kick my ass in the weights, but I'll very gladly meet you in the ring for the video in an mma bout. That part would be fun. Not trying to be a tough guy (it's your challenge), but it'd be cool to see if you guys can actually fight.

sign me up baby!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2006, 08:19:24 PM »
Are you sure you mean Military Presses and not Push Presses? Was it full range?

It's impossible. Nobody at that bodyweight has ever done a full military press with 400 lb. Paul Anderson and Doug Hepburn could press around 400 overhead on a good day, and they were two of the strongest men who ever lived.

The bench presses are bullshit too. Mike MacDonald is the lightest man to bench 600, and he still weighed around 240 lb. There is no way a 165 lb guy at Mattie's gym benched anywhere near 600. Even 500 would be pretty unbelievable, unless his gym is full of world record holders. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Stavios

« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2006, 08:33:12 PM »
It's impossible. Nobody at that bodyweight has ever done a full military press with 400 lb. Paul Anderson and Doug Hepburn could press around 400 overhead on a good day, and they were two of the strongest men who ever lived.

The bench presses are bullshit too. Mike MacDonald is the lightest man to bench 600, and he still weighed around 240 lb. There is no way a 165 lb guy at Mattie's gym benched anywhere near 600. Even 500 would be pretty unbelievable, unless his gym is full of world record holders. ::)

A guy at my gym had the world bench press record in 2004, I think he got beat this year but he did 405 at a bodyweight of 161 if I remember well

No way a guy that size could bench in the 500s

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2006, 09:15:40 PM »
What a sweet deal....You have to be shittin me...?? Sarcasm..man up!!!   Are you just some internet punk with no pride...Or do you stand behind your insults,and are going to prove Mat wrong???!!!!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2006, 10:22:53 PM »
it'd be awesome and you've gotta respect mat for putting up the challenge. i like the way he conducts himself, but his strength claims = BULL SHIT.

as i said, if sarcasm doesn't want to take the offer i will.

i'll even make a wager:

1. if mat can back up 80% of his strength claims on the shoulder press.

2. if he lasts one 5 minute round with me without submitting or being stopped.

either of these 2 under ufc/pride rules and i'll give him $30 000 u.s!

if he doesn't, he pays me $30 000 u.s.

we'll both give 30 000 to ron and winner takes all!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2006, 12:09:44 AM »
jeez louise, what are you waiting for mat?!

this should be the easiest 30 grand you ever make!

after all, im just some internet geek with my pens and pencils and shit.

come take my $30 000!!!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2006, 12:27:01 AM »
this mat duvall sucks..no way he ever did a 405lbs shoulder press..hell ronnie only did 1 rep with 405lbs being his max weight ever to shoulder press..this guy is a fake ass...
MAT DUVALL=OWNED
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2006, 02:07:25 PM »
Do some of you guys even lift?

I believe it.  I can do that 100s and im just the average weight lifter.  He is a pro who uses gear.....so he better be able to do around that much.

That pretty much sums it up. The 190 weight is not hard to believe.

As an aside, I don’t get as much time to spend on this board as I’d like. I think it’s very cool that a guy like Matt (a pro) would take time to post. I think I’ve only met one or two pro bodybuilders in person in my life. Matt was one of them. Ran into him in the Atlanta airport a few years ago. From his frowning pics in the magazines, I thought he was a mean dude. In person, he was very friendly and pleasant.

The Internet and the magazines aren’t always a good indicator of reality.

The gym is reality, and weights don’t lie. Would be cool to see sarcasm accept a challenge in the real world.

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2006, 02:09:38 PM »
this mat duvall sucks..no way he ever did a 405lbs shoulder press..hell ronnie only did 1 rep with 405lbs being his max weight ever to shoulder press..this guy is a fake ass...
MAT DUVALL=OWNED
ronnie did it free weight, matt probably did it on a smith machine. Its alot easier an lighter.

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2006, 02:49:16 PM »
I'm not going to say whether I think his lifts are true because I dont really care...however these are the following lifts he has listed on the Muscletech site.  So why does it list 175lbs max DB incline press for 8 when he states he can shoulder press 190lbs?....

Full Name: Matthew Thomas Duvall
Nick Name: Mad Dog
Place of Birth: Prince William County, Virginia
Date of Birth: October 31, 1972
Residence: Northern Virginia
Occupation: IFBB professional bodybuilder, self-employed general contractor
Height: 6'0"
Contest Weight: 260 lbs.
Off-Season Weight: 315 lbs.
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Chest (contest): 60"
Arms (contest): 22"
Waist (contest): 34"
Thighs (contest): 30"
Bench Press: 405 lbs. x 8 reps
Incline Dumbell Press: 175 lbs. x 8 reps
Deadlift: 585 lbs. x 6 reps
Squat: 545 lbs. x 6 reps
Biggest Influence: His father, Barry R. Duvall Sr.
Something interesting few people know about Mat:
One of his biggest feats was benching over 500 lbs. at the age of 20.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2006, 04:32:14 PM »
then you're a freak of nature if you're doing full reps.

LOL you are showing what a big pussy you are.
I did similar weights when I turned 18,before ever touching any Proten powder or anything else.

Sarcasm aka weak mofo.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2006, 11:08:57 PM »
bump

just to show what these blown up feather weights are really made of.

when it comes time to back up their claims they have 'precontest prep' to do.

precontest prep: let me see - gear, eat, gear, eat, diuretic, gear, eat, gear, eat, sleep, gear,...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2006, 03:10:16 PM »
hahhahahahhahah.  I remember a dude at the gym discussing doing this workout.

This type of workout has been around for decades. IronMan featured something similar, based on an article by the magazine's founder, Peary Rader. The program was titled "Add a Half-Inch on Your arms in One Day". The concept was the same: Doing antagonistic supersets for biceps and triceps at the top and bottom of the hour for eight to nine hours. The exercises done at the top of the hour were EZ-Curl Bar barbell curls and lying triceps extensions (French presses); those done at the bottom of the hour were seated dumbbell curls and lying dumbbel triceps extensions.

The rest period, prior to trying this program is three days, instead of four, like that of MuscleTech.  IronMan does instruct to rest (no training) for three days, followed by a light training day on the fourth day. The diet portion doesn't go into detail, as does the program described by MuscleTech. IronMan simply recommends six high-protein meals throughout the day (no specific times given). IronMan also recommends rubbing the arms with alcohol, prior to bedtime, after doing this routine.

IronMan claims that this program can be used on 60 to 90-day intervals.

Rader claimed he put on 3/4" on his arms doing it. Old-school bodybuilder and IM writer Gene Mozee said he got 5/8" gain on his arm.

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2006, 04:12:10 PM »
This type of workout has been around for decades. IronMan featured something similar, based on an article by the magazine's founder, Peary Rader. The program was titled "Add a Half-Inch on Your arms in One Day". The concept was the same: Doing antagonistic supersets for biceps and triceps at the top and bottom of the hour for eight to nine hours. The exercises done at the top of the hour were EZ-Curl Bar barbell curls and lying triceps extensions (French presses); those done at the bottom of the hour were seated dumbbell curls and lying dumbbel triceps extensions.

The rest period, prior to trying this program is three days, instead of four, like that of MuscleTech.  IronMan does instruct to rest (no training) for three days, followed by a light training day on the fourth day. The diet portion doesn't go into detail, as does the program described by MuscleTech. IronMan simply recommends six high-protein meals throughout the day (no specific times given). IronMan also recommends rubbing the arms with alcohol, prior to bedtime, after doing this routine.

IronMan claims that this program can be used on 60 to 90-day intervals.

Rader claimed he put on 3/4" on his arms doing it. Old-school bodybuilder and IM writer Gene Mozee said he got 5/8" gain on his arm.

I have actually done the all day arm routine (twice).

The first time I gained (permanently) 3/8" to my arms (I was in full training so it was not after a layoff where gains are easy.

The 2nd time I only gained barely 1/8 of an inch (not even 1/8th of an inch)

Each time I did not do anything out of the ordinary such as massive supplements, eating,  or rubbing alcohol, etc.

About halfway thru the day, you start to get worn out by the routine (physically and mentally), but ya just keep[ going.

The 1st time i did it still makes me laugh------I did the routine at home (I have weights at home too), and I remember loading my E-Z curl bar and weights into my van, I had some things to get at the store, and I remember doing curls and standing triceps extensions in the parking lot of K-Mart !!!!!!

The routine has worked for me !!!     Good Luck ! ;)
P.S. the routine I did was about 8 or 9 hours---it was definitely not a 12 hour routine !

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2006, 04:28:13 PM »
Wow! Some of those pressing poundages are phenomenal. I trained many times with World Champion & World record holder Lee Moran (RIP), at Iron Island in Alameda, Ca. He was without a doubt one of the strongest all-around lifters with regards to pressing movements. His BP PR in competition USPF, T-shirt & wrestling singlet, was 617.3 His gym pressing strength was legendary, but his numbers did not really come very close, to the numbers quoted earlier in this thread. Incredible poundages indeed.

Great Lee Moran action. www.criticalbench.com/Lee-Moran-Squat.htm
a

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2006, 06:24:13 PM »
I have actually done the all day arm routine (twice).

The first time I gained (permanently) 3/8" to my arms (I was in full training so it was not after a layoff where gains are easy.

The 2nd time I only gained barely 1/8 of an inch (not even 1/8th of an inch)

Each time I did not do anything out of the ordinary such as massive supplements, eating,  or rubbing alcohol, etc.

About halfway thru the day, you start to get worn out by the routine (physically and mentally), but ya just keep[ going.

The 1st time i did it still makes me laugh------I did the routine at home (I have weights at home too), and I remember loading my E-Z curl bar and weights into my van, I had some things to get at the store, and I remember doing curls and standing triceps extensions in the parking lot of K-Mart !!!!!!

The routine has worked for me !!!     Good Luck ! ;)
P.S. the routine I did was about 8 or 9 hours---it was definitely not a 12 hour routine !

I may try this routine during Christmas time, when I have some vacation coming. I may have to borrow my neighbor's cement weights and, perhaps, his narrow little Weider bench with the lat pulldown apparatus to do triceps pushdowns.