Author Topic: Poll about Matt Duvall: Does anyone believe this?  (Read 27378 times)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Poll about Matt Duvall: Does anyone believe this?
« on: September 11, 2006, 04:51:14 PM »
mat is strong as hell...ive seen him do reps using the 190s for dumbell shoulder press.
::) ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

Re: Poll about Matt Duvall: Does anyone believe this?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 04:54:41 PM »
I doubt it but I am pretty sure Mat will answer this question himself

he always answer the questions about him

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 04:55:49 PM »
I doubt it but I am pretty sure Mat will answer this question himself

he always answer the questions about him
and a Pro bb'er would NEVER lie about their lifts, right? ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 04:57:04 PM »
 No...not at all. Ronnie had a hard time with 160's and I'd reckon him being stronger than Mat.
?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 04:57:55 PM »
No...not at all. Ronnie had a hard time with 160's and I'd reckon him being stronger than Mat.
but Matt has the biggest, strongest arms in the world. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 04:58:25 PM »
and a Pro bb'er would NEVER lie about their lifts, right? ::)

Well personnally I think shoulder pressing the 190s is a ridiculous claim so if he didn't do it I think he will set this straight

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 05:08:09 PM »
140s would be believable.  Even Ronnie only got six reps with the 160s.  Unless Mat has one freaky strong lift and does for delts what Bertil did for chest.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Bolo

• Getbig II
  • I break you
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 05:11:08 PM »
I believe it.  I can do that 100s and im just the average weight lifter.  He is a pro who uses gear.....so he better be able to do around that much.
-Animal Kingdom-

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 05:11:44 PM »
but Matt has the biggest, strongest arms in the world. ::)
I just thought of something...Mat uses celltech and I am sure he now uses anatorp70 and creacik and leucik...with stacking and using supplements backed by solid science like that...only the sky is the limit. I'm sure 190's is an understatement.
?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 05:12:58 PM »
I believe it.  I can do that 100s and im just the average weight lifter.  He is a pro who uses gear.....so he better be able to do around that much.
Ronnie only does the 160's for partials, care to take back your statement?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

younggunz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 05:17:30 PM »
i can lift 95's for 7 reps and i only weigh 170lbs

Bolo

• Getbig II
  • I break you
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »
Ronnie only does the 160's for partials, care to take back your statement?
ronnie isnt the strongest at every exercise.  but he is strong at every exercise.
-Animal Kingdom-

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 05:18:31 PM »
i can lift 95's for 7 reps and i only weigh 170lbs
then you're a freak of nature if you're doing full reps.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 05:19:04 PM »
ronnie isnt the strongest at every exercise.  but he is strong at every exercise.
there is a fucking huge difference between the 160's and the 190's

Mat DuVall

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 06:22:54 PM »
Hey guys...someone just emailed me about this topic...

Whether you believe it or not...at Diamond Gym in Maplewood, NJ around 1998/1999...I did use the 190 lb dumbells for a set of partial press shoulder presses. When I say partial I do not mean bouncing them...I just did not lock out at the top....if I remember correct it was for a set of 3-4 reps...

Shoulder presses, in any form, have always been a movement that I did have freakish strength. At the age of 18 I could behind the neck press with 405, which lead to my earliest injuries...it was not smart....On the hammer military press I can do a set of 12, depending on the day and my energy levels, loaded with 5 plates on each side....when I was training with Trevor Smith, RIP,Trevor pushed me to new levels of strength...Front military press on the Smith machines?..a set looked like this:

635 x 2, with 1 forced....
drop the weight to:
495 x 2-4, with 1 forced
drop the weight to:
315 x 2-4, with 1 forced
drop the weight to:
225 x 2-4, with 1 forced
drop the weight to:
135 x failure...usually only 4-6 reps
then doing partial with this for what seemed an eternity, and then...
dropping to the bar only to have Trevor lean on it while I had to complete 4-6 full reps...

I know there are going to be those that do not beleive...but many forget I spent from age 13-20/21 training with world champion power lifters...these guys were mutants!...they were so strong and I was lucky that they taught me that inorder to build solid base I needed to be as strong as I wanted to look.

Now?...I have a lot of injuries, but many fond memories of great training sessions...the 190's at Diamond Gym would not have been so hard to move had they not been so long...anyone that has ever trained there or seen older style dumbells like this? they were harder to balance side to side than they were to move up and down...

Ronnie is awesome, and very strong...but just so you guys know?...I have trained with power lifters that were in the 165lb class...and could military press over 400 pounds...some of them benched in the mid 500's to low 600lb range...they did not look like bodybuilders...strength and cosmetics are too very different things....

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 06:31:07 PM »
Hey guys...someone just emailed me about this topic...

Whether you believe it or not...at Diamond Gym in Maplewood, NJ around 1998/1999...I did use the 190 lb dumbells for a set of partial press shoulder presses. When I say partial I do not mean bouncing them...I just did not lock out at the top....if I remember correct it was for a set of 3-4 reps...

Shoulder presses, in any form, have always been a movement that I did have freakish strength. At the age of 18 I could behind the neck press with 405, which lead to my earliest injuries...it was not smart....On the hammer military press I can do a set of 12, depending on the day and my energy levels, loaded with 5 plates on each side....when I was training with Trevor Smith, RIP,Trevor pushed me to new levels of strength...Front military press on the Smith machines?..a set looked like this:

635 x 2, with 1 forced....
drop the weight to:
495 x 2-4, with 1 forced
drop the weight to:
315 x 2-4, with 1 forced
drop the weight to:
225 x 2-4, with 1 forced
drop the weight to:
135 x failure...usually only 4-6 reps
then doing partial with this for what seemed an eternity, and then...
dropping to the bar only to have Trevor lean on it while I had to complete 4-6 full reps...

I know there are going to be those that do not beleive...but many forget I spent from age 13-20/21 training with world champion power lifters...these guys were mutants!...they were so strong and I was lucky that they taught me that inorder to build solid base I needed to be as strong as I wanted to look.

Now?...I have a lot of injuries, but many fond memories of great training sessions...the 190's at Diamond Gym would not have been so hard to move had they not been so long...anyone that has ever trained there or seen older style dumbells like this? they were harder to balance side to side than they were to move up and down...

Ronnie is awesome, and very strong...but just so you guys know?...I have trained with power lifters that were in the 165lb class...and could military press over 400 pounds...some of them benched in the mid 500's to low 600lb range...they did not look like bodybuilders...strength and cosmetics are too very different things....

hahaha sarcasm got owned

Mat DuVall

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 06:35:32 PM »
No...

I did not say any of this to "own" anyone...I just wanted to be clear/ honest...A lot of strong bodybuilders are not always the biggest bodybuilders...

I have picked up on the fact that sarcasm definitely is not a fan of mine...this is his right and I do not mind. Time to time he has posted things that were his opinions of my physique...and again he has the right to do so. I would not attack him just to make a point or try to make myself look good...I just, again, wanted to set the record straight....

Take care...

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 06:38:02 PM »
No...

I did not say any of this to "own" anyone...I just wanted to be clear/ honest...A lot of strong bodybuilders are not always the biggest bodybuilders...

I have picked up on the fact that sarcasm definitely is not a fan of mine...this is his right and I do not mind. Time to time he has posted things that were his opinions of my physique...and again he has the right to do so. I would not attack him just to make a point or try to make myself look good...I just, again, wanted to set the record straight....

Take care...

I understand Matt you were just stating facts(poundages)...i took liberty in getting in a dig at sarcasm, he likes to dish it out here at GetBig... he can take some once in awhile

8)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 06:40:47 PM »
Nope........
No way he(Duvall) can lift that much weight..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 07:03:32 PM »
Don't ever doubt the power's of the darkside ;)

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 07:17:19 PM »

Take care...

WTF!  An IFBB Pro not melting down because someone on GetBig doesn't like their physique or doesn't believe a claimed lift?!

Very refreshing.
Ron Paul 2012

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 07:20:30 PM »
No...

Take care...
Well done, you know how these boards work. Melting down is always a mistake!

Mat DuVall

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 07:30:38 PM »
No melt downs...someone's perceptions are their reality...and it is not my place to argue that...Is my back my best bodypart...definitely not...early on?...I allowed my arms to do most of the work...not properly stimulating the back...In the past 2 years?...seperating my back training into upper and lower back training sessions has helped tremendously...Legs?...I always had thick lower leg development from power style leg training...but never isolated outer and upper quads...again, something I have corrected.

Sadly, a lot of meltdowns are brought on by the insecurities that stereotype bodybuilders..." I am the biggest"..."I am the strongest"..."watch out next time because I am going to recreate myself!"...All this is lunacy. I just love to train, and learn new ways to continue making progress...

I never made a training video due to the fact that doing it right? can be costly...and I wanted to make something worth buying...Now, after the show(s), I want to make a video of my power style training...the techniques I learned from Trevor...known as his Beyond Failure Training, and since my injury how I had to learn in certain situations to make less weight feel like more. Also so footage of wrestling...we will see. This way people can see me training and God willing respect at least how hard I train...the effort that goes into building a physique...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 07:37:40 PM »
Good luck ,you seem alright from what some people have said about you.like you said if you correct some thing's that are off and not overdiet that good size you have ,you'll do ok,winning a pro show is not in every pro bber's deck,so improving and better overall placing is.hopefully you can do it.wrestling also is a good career choice too.

johnnytosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 07:41:13 PM »
Matt,
Thanks for the heads up about the injuries that go with such heavy weights.
Thanks for the candid response.  Good luck with your pec-tear.
I wish you the best.