Author Topic: A Question to all...................  (Read 4630 times)

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: A Question to all...................
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 12:44:27 PM »
It was the same thing in Britain when Princess Diana died - there was this "massive outpouring of public grief" that seemed to immerse the entire nation and after a while it did my head in.
Don't get me wrong, the 9-11 tragedy was a seismic event in world history and hopefully will never be repeated but you can't go flogging a dead horse like this. We need to eradicate the evil that goes on in the world which caused the attacks in the first place and I'm pretty sure the Bush administration's foreign policy was partly to blame for this. But that's another story. you could talk about it all night.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 12:45:49 PM »
He wasn't at a lose for words...He is a politician now and he knows better than to be vocal about that subject matter...

People think Arnie is a big meathead but you don't do what he did in life without being very fvcking sharp.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 12:47:38 PM »
People think Arnie is a big meathead but you don't do what he did in life without being very fvcking sharp.

He's smart for sure. But he didn't see that question coming. He was probably pissed.
E

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 12:50:06 PM »
It was the same thing in Britain when Princess Diana died - there was this "massive outpouring of public grief" that seemed to immerse the entire nation and after a while it did my head in.
Don't get me wrong, the 9-11 tragedy was a seismic event in world history and hopefully will never be repeated but you can't go flogging a dead horse like this. We need to eradicate the evil that goes on in the world which caused the attacks in the first place and I'm pretty sure the Bush administration's foreign policy was partly to blame for this. But that's another story. you could talk about it all night.

I remember that bullshit. My GF was  going "Ohhh Nooooo!!!.... Princess Diana was killed.....booo-hooooo!!!" and I was like "so fvcking what? let's fvck."  I'm supposed to give half a shit because some arrogant blueblood dies? People die every day.   

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 12:50:55 PM »
He's smart for sure. But he didn't see that question coming. He was probably pissed.

I really hate to ask this, but are you really that stupid??? It didn't put him at a lose for words or anything, he just treated the question for what it was; an off-subject idiotic question....Please look into the subject matter more before you say anything...
Watching The Haters

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 12:51:32 PM »

Yeah Arnie probably had some choice words after the interview was over.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 12:52:42 PM »
I remember that bullshit. My GF was  going "Ohhh Nooooo!!!.... Princess Diana was killed.....booo-hooooo!!!" and I was like "so fvcking what? let's fvck."  I'm supposed to give half a shit because some arrogant blueblood dies? People die every day.   

That was a lot different. She was just a bitch that was given the keys to a country. She had one job to do, make her husband happy and she failed at that. You can't compare some whore for hire to 9/11.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 12:54:09 PM »
I really hate to ask this, but are you really that stupid??? It didn't put him at a lose for words or anything, he just treated the question for what it was; an off-subject idiotic question....Please look into the subject matter more before you say anything...

He didn't see it coming dude. He didn't answer the question. Are you his dad or something?
E

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 12:56:54 PM »
He didn't see it coming dude. He didn't answer the question. Are you his dad or something?

He was there to talk about football in the state of Cali. not growth and steroid use...It was an uneffective jab at him...He was smart to stay quite and not entertain such a question...
Watching The Haters

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 12:58:05 PM »
That was a lot different. She was just a bitch that was given the keys to a country. She had one job to do, make her husband happy and she failed at that. You can't compare some whore for hire to 9/11.

I actually remember i was at a party in Oyster Bay. i was fvcking coked out of my mind trying to bang some chick out by the pool and she kept going on about princess Di. I was pissed.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2006, 01:00:41 PM »
He was there to talk about football in the state of Cali. not growth and steroid use...It was an uneffective jab at him...He was smart to stay quite and not entertain such a question...

I agree. I just liked the fact that it was asked.
E

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2006, 01:00:55 PM »
Yeah action for me slowed down quite a bit after 9/11 because a whole bunch of chicks on the gulf coast were jumping the bones of every armed service man they could find....Again, it was hip to screw a guy in the armed forces...Go figure LoL
Watching The Haters

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2006, 01:11:55 PM »
Yesterday was the 5th annivrsary of 9/11. So as I'm eating dinner last night my wife asks me if I want to go down to the 9/11 memorial that was erected next to our Firehouse a couple years ago. They have a big ceremony there every year with Bagpipes and prayers and the whole FDNY/NYPD thing. Now, i don't know a single person who as much as stubbed a toe on 9/11 so i really am not into this. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like grief-fests and I avoid them. So I tell my wife this (not in those exact words) and she says I'm cold-hearted and shit like that. P.S. I wound up going to avoid a fight but i had to like drag her out of there because it was a school night for my child. My question is would you have gone or how many here actually did do something like that although they had no direct connection to the tragedy? Also please be aware my wife didn't know anyone that died either. Is it just a chick thing? because they are into crying and shit?

I don't think it's a chick thing.  I hate funerals, but this is different.  It's historical.  Sort of like visiting the Pearl Harbor memorial.