Author Topic: A Question to all...................  (Read 4629 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
A Question to all...................
« on: September 12, 2006, 11:56:03 AM »
Yesterday was the 5th annivrsary of 9/11. So as I'm eating dinner last night my wife asks me if I want to go down to the 9/11 memorial that was erected next to our Firehouse a couple years ago. They have a big ceremony there every year with Bagpipes and prayers and the whole FDNY/NYPD thing. Now, i don't know a single person who as much as stubbed a toe on 9/11 so i really am not into this. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like grief-fests and I avoid them. So I tell my wife this (not in those exact words) and she says I'm cold-hearted and shit like that. P.S. I wound up going to avoid a fight but i had to like drag her out of there because it was a school night for my child. My question is would you have gone or how many here actually did do something like that although they had no direct connection to the tragedy? Also please be aware my wife didn't know anyone that died either. Is it just a chick thing? because they are into crying and shit?

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
  • Like I care...hahahahha
Re: A Question to all...................
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 11:59:43 AM »
I am from the area and believe that it was a very sad and tragic event. However, I was not affected personally. I feel the same way about watching 9-11 stuff on TV and 'paying tribute'... girls need to feel sad for no reason sometimes. I dont know why but they do, when a kid in town died alot of girls who he made fun of ( I was his freind) came to his funeral and cried. Im not sure if its the same thing but I think so. Go figure
They call me Jaejonna!!!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 12:00:58 PM »
It's not a chick thing. Most Americans are still upset by 9/11. It was an attack on our soil.  It could have been you, your wife, anyone who died that day. You are a little insensitive.
E

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 12:03:47 PM »

Blah! Blah! Blah! Nobody cares about 9-11. Unless you were 100% directly affected...you dont care. people only PRETEND like they care because it is fashionable and HIP to care. if MTV or celebrities didnt or werent wearing FDNY hats or shirts...nobody els would.

You are all a bunch of sheep...who cares about 9-11. it's over...its old news. Noone cares...we all PRETEND to care because its hip.
?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 12:05:04 PM »
It's not a chick thing. Most Americans are still upset by 9/11. It was an attack on our soil.  It could have been you, your wife, anyone who died that day. You are a little insensitive.

Did you go to a 9/11 memorial service yesterday? honestly.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 12:09:04 PM »
9/11 was a horrible thing but in reality it doesn't even rank in the top 100 most epic disasters. there is way worse then that. natural disaisters etc, etc. the bully got picked on (states) and got upset. but i do feel for anyone related.
bodybuildersreality.com

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 12:09:20 PM »
Blockhead is very true in this matter. There are many people going around wearing NYPD hats cause its cool to be sad on 9-11
They call me Jaejonna!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 12:11:53 PM »
Blah! Blah! Blah! Nobody cares about 9-11. Unless you were 100% directly affected...you dont care. people only PRETEND like they care because it is fashionable and HIP to care. if MTV or celebrities didnt or werent wearing FDNY hats or shirts...nobody els would.

You are all a bunch of sheep...who cares about 9-11. it's over...its old news. Noone cares...we all PRETEND to care because its hip.

Speaking of FDNY you should have heard the absolute bullshit these guys were spouting. "as our brothers rushed into certain death....knowingly sacrificing their lives for their fellow man."   Give Me A Fvcking Break. Doing a frontal assualt on a Machine Gun Bunker is running into certain death. If those guys KNEW those buildings were coming down there would not have been ONE firefighter in there. Okay maybe a couple of crazy bastards but that's it. I understand this a very emotional for these guys but stop lionizing these guys to ridiculous extremes.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 12:12:15 PM »
other countries have been dealing with attacks like this for centuries and they don't make a big deal of it, it's just part of living in this crazy world, i look at it like it's just another day.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 12:16:08 PM »
Speaking of FDNY you should have heard the absolute bullshit these guys were spouting. "as our brothers rushed into certain death....knowingly sacrificing their lives for their fellow man."   Give Me A Fvcking Break. Doing a frontal assualt on a Machine Gun Bunker is running into certain death. If those guys KNEW those buildings were coming down there would not have been ONE firefighter in there. I understand this a very emotional for these guys but stop lionizing these guys to ridiculous extremes.
exactly, the way i look at it is that no one should have been running into that building, the pepole in there were already gone and nothing could be done, this country doesn't have the stomach for war anymore, there were 7000 US troops killed on Iwo Jima in a period of a few weeks just so we could have an airstrip in the Pacific, there were battles in Europe where thousands of troops were killed but yet we make it seem like the end of the world if 2000 people get killed in an attack or 2500 troops get killed in Iraq in three years.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 12:16:29 PM »
My wife is cold like me so she never gives me guilt trips.  And Blockhead continues to hit the nail right on the head.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »
other countries have been dealing with attacks like this for centuries and they don't make a big deal of it, it's just part of living in this crazy world, i look at it like it's just another day.

It's the american way.

Everything has a slogan, everything is an event.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 12:19:41 PM »
there were some batteles between Germany and Russia during WW2 on the eastern front where 50,000-60,000 troops would be killed and it didn't get 10 percent of the coverage that 9/11 did, gimme a break.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 12:21:16 PM »
I still remember the day it happened...But I also remember living through hurricanes Katrina & Ivan that did massive amounts of damage...I feel for those effected, but I have seen worse all around the world and we are all still alive...Natural distasters happen we rebuild and go on with our lives, nation gets attacked we sulk on it for years...We have blown up other countries for less....
Watching The Haters

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 12:23:31 PM »
Did you go to a 9/11 memorial service yesterday? honestly.

No.
E

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 12:25:37 PM »
this country doesn't have the stomach for war anymore, there were 7000 US troops killed on Iwo Jima in a period of a few weeks just so we could have an airstrip in the Pacific, there were battles in Europe where thousands of troops were killed but yet we make it seem like the end of the world if 2000 people get killed in an attack or 2500 troops get killed in Iraq in three years.
this is very true...people are so sheltered and complacent these days they dont know how to handle anything. think of all the grief the media/ people were giving when around 1000 TOTAL peopel were killed in the lebanon thing. now consider that the 'softening up' aerial bombing runs preceeding the Stalingrad attack killed tens of thousands of civilians in a matter of days. the battle of stalingrad resulted in TWO MILLION deaths. EVERY SINGLE DAY in ww2 hundreds or even thousands casualties were inflicted.

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 12:27:03 PM »
there were some batteles between Germany and Russia during WW2 on the eastern front where 50,000-60,000 troops would be killed and it didn't get 10 percent of the coverage that 9/11 did, gimme a break.
All the massive numbers from those wars make nine eleven seem like a real slow day on the eastern front, but the media needs to exaggerate every little thing that happens nowadays.
They call me Jaejonna!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 12:27:53 PM »

Check this out. fvcking staggering numbers.http://www.secondworldwar.co.uk/casualty.html

to put it in perspective the USA had 57,000 soldiers killed in the vietnam war in ten years of fighting, you would think it was in the millions the way we carry on

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 12:30:36 PM »
Groink:

Your wife means well.  She is dealing with her grief and memory of the event the way many people do, but what she (and so many millions of others) fails to realize is that we all grieve in different ways.  We are raised with certain customs that suggest that there is a correct way, but the truth is there is no single right way for all people to grieve.

Nor do we all grieve on the same timeline.

Your wife (and others) must learn to RESPECT that you handle grief differently than she does.  Simply saying she understands that is not enough.  She must prove it by accepting that you don’t want to go to such events and not hold it against you when you decline to go.  Would she think you a sinner if she wanted to go to church every Sunday but you didn’t?

Respect for diversity (in all its forms) is a consistent theme in a lot of my posts.  Some people hate when I say that because it often involves an issue they don’t like but the principle remains sound and it is certainly applicable here.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 12:31:08 PM »
All the massive numbers from those wars make nine eleven seem like a real slow day on the eastern front, but the media needs to exaggerate every little thing that happens nowadays.

I hate to connect subjects like this but.....Your absolutely right!!!..Last night I was watching football on espn and they were talking to Arnold in the 3rd quarter and guess what they brought up??? F!cking balco shit and about doping tests....I hate the media and that shit they stir up..... >:(
Watching The Haters

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 12:33:25 PM »
I hate to connect subjects like this but.....Your absolutely right!!!..Last night I was watching football on espn and they were talking to Arnold in the 3rd quarter and guess what they brought up??? F!cking balco shit and about doping tests....I hate the media and that shit they stir up..... >:(

Yet they had the perfect person to ask. When they said "you yourself have admitted to using GH"... Arnold didn't say a word. I thought it was cool.
E

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 12:36:16 PM »
Yet they had the perfect person to ask. When they said "you yourself have admitted to using GH"... Arnold didn't say a word. I thought it was cool.

Nothing cool about beating a dead horse just to see if you can get it to trot one more time.... ::)
Watching The Haters

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »
Nothing cool about beating a dead horse just to see if you can get it to trot one more time.... ::)

He never admitted since he was a governor, to my knowledge. He just kept saying " football is great, they are great athletes." He was at a loss for words.
E

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 12:40:43 PM »
He never admitted since he was a governor, to my knowledge. He just kept saying " football is great, they are great athletes." He was at a loss for words.

He wasn't at a lose for words...He is a politician now and he knows better than to be vocal about that subject matter...
Watching The Haters

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 12:43:28 PM »
He wasn't at a lose for words...He is a politician now and he knows better than to be vocal about that subject matter...

Maybe, but I would rather hear them ask him about GH than him ramble on about a sport he knows nothing about. California needs two more teams? Give me a fuckin break.
E