Author Topic: Dodge Magnum  (Read 1993 times)

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
Dodge Magnum
« on: September 12, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »
Test drove one today, anybody got one, if so good ride or not?
W

pvcjockey

• Getbig II
Re: Dodge Magnum
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 09:13:34 PM »
hey bro, i have driven the magnum quite extensively.  mostly work related, but none the less have put it through the ringer.  in terms of power in relation to chevy and ford the dodge is the way to go.  however,if you are using it for work i.e. construction go with ford.  i'm sure many people will say screw ford but,  i hate to say it they can take a pounding and just keep going.  chevy's suck ass, i have one myself and have the world famous door not closing problems due to shitty engineering.  it happens to every chevy truck after you go over enough bumps.  sorry i'm rambling,  if you can afford it get the magnum with the viper engine. that's a bad ass mofo.  then take the gov out to attain maximum ball shrinking speeds.  hope i helped somewhat

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 09:15:52 PM »
what's it handle like?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 09:19:50 PM »
what's it handle like?

We test drove one before we bought our Durango, it's an awesome car but impractical for our needs!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 09:26:52 PM »
We test drove one before we bought our Durango, it's an awesome car but impractical for our needs!

does it corner better than the average american sedan?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 09:55:58 PM »
does it corner better than the average american sedan?

I'd say so, we test drove the Hemi and the power was nice, gas prices may be high, but I love my V8's and the power!

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 07:37:36 AM »
Thanks fellas
W

body88

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 08:45:05 AM »
what's it handle like?

Shit... Those cars are nice for cruising or looks. But they handle and perform like shit. I say this as a car lover and when I say shit I mean a great car for your everyday joe. I am talking for an enthusiast. If you are into a cars that handle extremley well and are fast as hell this is not the ride to get :D

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 10:58:47 AM »
I put on about 200 miles a day for work, its good for driving from account to account?
W

body88

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 11:41:41 AM »
Guys don't get me wrong it is a cool car. But people get the impression that hemi = performance. Sure it will smoke the tires and roar when you stomp on it. But if you want a performance vehicle that ain't the way to go! A to B with some muscle sure. Performance (none stright line burnout)great handling.... No way. Some guy came down the track with a hemi charger and got embarrassed just last week!

But again not all people are into cars to that degree. The hemis def have that large v8 appeal and for the every day driver they are very fast.

The only big American sedan type car I dig is the v series cts . 400 horse v8 that handles pretty good. Actually that new jeep with the hemi is kinda cool also.

pwrnxs

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 11:47:01 AM »
hey bro, i have driven the magnum quite extensively.  mostly work related, but none the less have put it through the ringer.  in terms of power in relation to chevy and ford the dodge is the way to go.  however,if you are using it for work i.e. construction go with ford.  i'm sure many people will say screw ford but,  i hate to say it they can take a pounding and just keep going.  chevy's suck ass, i have one myself and have the world famous door not closing problems due to shitty engineering.  it happens to every chevy truck after you go over enough bumps.  sorry i'm rambling,  if you can afford it get the magnum with the viper engine. that's a bad ass mofo.  then take the gov out to attain maximum ball shrinking speeds.  hope i helped somewhat

I'm assuming you thought he was talking about the Ram, not the Magnum?