Author Topic: Funny Iraq war pic  (Read 1545 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Funny Iraq war pic
« on: September 12, 2006, 03:58:52 PM »
I don't know if you'd call this propaganda.  misleading at the very least :)

Check out the statue toppling ceremony we all saw on TV.  Close, then far away.

Martin1981

• Getbig II
Re: Funny Iraq war pic
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 04:27:06 PM »
Outside of the U.S. we all saw those kind of pictures at the time.  Really misleading if only the first picture was shown in U.S. media.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 05:05:13 PM »
That's why those of us who've worked in the media can have such critical eyes. We know how it's done, and will quickly be skeptical of a floor director's choice to use a tight shot, a 2 shot, or any other particular angle to cover certain things. A girlfriend of mine was a correspondent with CNN. After Bosnia, she quit her job. She was forced to use a particularly misleading shot, that she felt was unconscionably deceptive. She felt a day of reckoning was coming, and she preferred to face her creator with a clear conscious.

It can be hilarious sometimes because you can look at a promo shot, or a commercial, and the way it was edited, you had to know it was being pieced together from at least 75 different takes. {lol} The average public won't spot it or even have a clue that anything is amiss, but then you meet the director who shot it, and secretly take them aside and ask them how many takes they had to go through before they finally got something useable... and they'll usually roll their eyes and burst out laughing. {lol}  :P
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 05:50:42 PM »
I don't know if you'd call this propaganda.  misleading at the very least :)

Check out the statue toppling ceremony we all saw on TV.  Close, then far away.

I remember seeing that.  I never got the idea there was a huge crowd there.  But i can see what they might have been implying and i think it was unintentional.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 10:16:57 PM »
Considering most of the bastards were to busy looting and getting even with their neighbors..that was a big crowd.
L

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »
Interesting pic. Having said that though - the second pic shows the tanks standing at every possible entrance possibly not allowing entry to anyone who may cause trouble. So even if the Iraqis wanted to be there, they probably weren't allowed as the soldiers would be significantly outnumbered.