Author Topic: The PDI Show Thread  (Read 23163 times)

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
Re: Why is Shawn laughing at the PDI??
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2006, 05:13:13 PM »
Who's calling me Gay >:(

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2006, 05:17:21 PM »
Its ashamed what happened to Gary Coleman....  i heard he was working as a security guard, all pist off and bitter....  thats too bad.  Same happened to webster too...?
you are gay.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2006, 05:18:26 PM »
didnt the other two from that show also end up bad?
X

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Why is so-and-so laughing at the PDI?
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »
I think part of the reason for the bashing is a lot of these guys didn't like Wayne when he was in the IFBB. They felt he was to blame (rightfully or wrongfully I don't know) for whatever problems they had then when he was around.

Bullies always pick on those weaker than themselves. So the PDI is in its infancy and you'll have guys who will cliam to support more opportunities for the athletes, who will say they love Jesus and stuff (last time I checked, didn't Christ champion the poor? And is rubbing salt in wounds Christian behavior?), but they'll attack PDI.

It also gives them a chance to prove their loyalty to "this thing of ours." That way they're allowed to put on shows, be seen around at the big events so they can hawk their supplement lines, DVDs or whatever other things they've got going on trying to scrabble together a living.

This is not an attack on the IFBB. I love their shows. It's an attack on intolerance and the bullying behavior it breeds.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2006, 05:20:12 PM »
Big fan of Shawn's, but why does he hate the PDI so much?
Is it because Lee is going to win another show, thus having more titles than him?  Or is it all because he does not like Lee for some reason?  True the PDI may be a joke, and Shawn knows it too.  Or is it he knows it may be more successfull than his Col. Pro???

Why does Shawn not like Lee, kinda similar in many ways... both short white guys that talk funny and 'speak their minds.'
STRONG..........HOMOSEXU ALITY!!!!!!!

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: Why is so-and-so laughing at the PDI?
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2006, 05:20:24 PM »
Shawn is just bitter he never won anything in bodybuilding and is not bashing the growth of the sport at all costs.

Or maybe he's still mad about dillet knocking out his tooth 8)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2006, 05:22:36 PM »
big worm,,,quit following me wherever I go.  Quit the biting, fool.  And your hissy fits are getting out of hand, watch yourself.

I am letting you keep you name for a little while right now, so you best behave son.
you are gay.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: PDI SHOW THIS WEEKEND IN NY CITY!
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2006, 05:23:51 PM »
Bump for these questions.

Prize Money breakdown?
List of Athletes?
Location?
Ticket Prices?

Lets get this thing rolling with some good, honest info.

YIP
Zack

flyers all over my neighborhood dude.
it will be on 43rd st between 6th and 7th.

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2006, 05:25:10 PM »
Shawn won lots of stuff and also suffered in the IFBB.

Need I remind anyone he failed a drug test and they handed his Arnold Classic win to a "natural" Mike Ashley (did anyone see Mike's picture on Victor Conte's office wall in MD a few months back?).

Like Lou Ferrigno, Shawn's physique wil go down in bodybuilding history as one of the best ever, but his personality...Hey, Gregg Valentino, any Shawn Ray stories?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2006, 05:26:48 PM »
I think part of the reason for the bashing is a lot of these guys didn't like Wayne when he was in the IFBB. They felt he was to blame (rightfully or wrongfully I don't know) for whatever problems they had then when he was around.

Bullies always pick on those weaker than themselves. So the PDI is in its infancy and you'll have guys who will cliam to support more opportunities for the athletes, who will say they love Jesus and stuff (last time I checked, didn't Christ champion the poor? And is rubbing salt in wounds Christian behavior?), but they'll attack PDI.

It also gives them a chance to prove their loyalty to "this thing of ours." That way they're allowed to put on shows, be seen around at the big events so they can hawk their supplement lines, DVDs or whatever other things they've got going on trying to scrabble together a living.

This is not an attack on the IFBB. I love their shows. It's an attack on intolerance and the bullying behavior it breeds.

Great post.

And legit questions.

Two things:

I want to know if, and how, PDI is going to make it better for the bodybuilders.

I want to know if PDI is going to reward symmetrical physiques, like Shawn Ray, and Labrada, over guys like Cutler and Coleman.

If I can get positive answers to these questions, I am all for supporting PDI.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Shawn, question about IFBB handing your Arnold win to Mike Ashley
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2006, 05:26:50 PM »
Shawn, gotta ask, and I'm not trying to bust your balls but just see if and how you'll answer this one...

How did the IFBB stripping you of your first Arnold Classic title and handing it to drug-free Mike Ashley make you feel about the IFBB?

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2006, 05:27:22 PM »
So you needed to start yet another thread to post your opinion? Not that I disagree with you, but there's already at least 4 threads you could have posted this in.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2006, 05:27:31 PM »
Shawn is just bitter he never won anything in bodybuilding and is not bashing the growth of the sport at all costs.

absolutely, thats why as an athlete rep he is horrible. He feels if he couldn't have it good you new will have to pay the same horrible price. Same with Chick.  NEver have an ex represent your group, same old story.

BTW..PDI posters all over my neighborhood Hells Kitchen NY.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2006, 05:28:40 PM »
big worm,,,quit following me wherever I go.  Quit the biting, fool.  And your hissy fits are getting out of hand, watch yourself.

I am letting you keep you name for a little while right now, so you best behave son.
Hissy fit ???  I was being nice to you..I was being honest....All the comments..and you replied to mine !??  Who's following who ???  I wanna be friends..Please? C'mon..Let's shake on it...

But wait.........You're not shaking my hand after yanking Shawn a Protein shake !!!!!

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2006, 05:29:07 PM »
So you needed to start yet another thread to post your opinion? Not that I disagree with you, but there's already at least 4 threads you could have posted this in.

Sorry to offend you.

Zack, I guess this weekend we'll find out.

If the PDI survives and thrives, it will be really funny to watch all the guys bashing it now go over and compete there.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Shawn, question about IFBB handing your Arnold win to Mike Ashley
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2006, 05:32:49 PM »
It's good to see the Ifbb are strict on Drug testing.WTF Ifbb"Drug tests" Don't happen anymore.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2006, 05:34:25 PM »
Sorry to offend you.

Zack, I guess this weekend we'll find out.

If the PDI survives and thrives, it will be really funny to watch all the guys bashing it now go over and compete there.

Not offensive brutha, just hard to navigate with 4-5 threads on the same subject.

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2006, 05:39:58 PM »
We all know Mike Ashley was natural, right? Right? Ask Victor Conte.

And that drug testing policy that robbed Shawn of his rightful win was probably in the rule book and probably still is.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2006, 05:45:46 PM »
You got that right.

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2006, 05:50:03 PM »
Not offensive brutha, just hard to navigate with 4-5 threads on the same subject.

You're right. My bad.

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Shawn & Christians: What would Jesus' position on PDI be?
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2006, 05:52:51 PM »
Question for Shawn Ray and other Christian posters out there...

What would Christ's position be on the PDI?
Didn't He champion the underdogs and oppressed, those others maligned and attempted to suppress?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2006, 06:21:33 PM »

Or maybe he's still mad about dillet knocking out his tooth 8)

Exactly,  He is mad at Wayne thinking Wayne is the reason he never won the big show or came close.  Just natural for him to be mad at Wayne.  But, it's all good.  If Sean didn't have the PDI to rag on how else would his name keep coming up. 

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: The PDI Show Thread
« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2006, 06:24:12 PM »
Shawn that cartoon shows what type of 'Christian' you are.
.. hahahahah monster Morality hahahah
L

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2006, 06:30:25 PM »
It's funny how some of the guys like Sean say no advertising.  If I remember theColoradoPro did allot of advertising.  Wht did that do.  How many out of towners actually flew in other than the ones who came supporting their familiy or friends.  All that promotion had a near zero return.  Wayne has pumped this show like no other in New York and the are around the venue.  He is smart enough to know that the show isn't going to bring in allot of people from out of town except those supporting the competitors.  He blanketed the area around the venue for the past 3 months.  He hit 10's thousands of more people with his local advertising than with any major publication.  Like I mentioned before one of the local publications has a 85,000 reader base WEEKLY.  As as mentioned before he has more than 20 gyms and clubs around the venue supporting the show with posters and ticket sales.  The shirts were just shipped today and they look awesome. I have to admit they look great.  I did a good job. :)  So lets see what happens. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2006, 06:56:38 PM »
Shoenborn on Mayhem:
Thanks for asking! My shingles have got much better from the outside. But due to the lackof training for almost one month and the amount of sleep i need to recover my contest prep was greatly altered. At the Nabba show I really struggled with water, partly due to me way over carb loading. Once i hit the stage I was just running water out! My legs seemed to be dry but my upper body was bloated and wet! Crystal and I did the best we could w/ what was going on with my health! As far as my future goes, there has been some major changes! I have dropped out of the PDI as I would not due my self justice competing not at my best! And being I believe that the NOC will be the first and last contest of the PDI I do not want to go out that way! So Crystal and I have decided (after many hours of talking) to enter the 2008 NPC Masters Nationals championships. So it is back to the drawing board and time to get some rest and recover form this all. Crystal has 2 shows next April and May so we will be putting a lot of our time into her prep. But in a month or so I will be back in the gym getting ready for 2008!
My dream was to turn pro through the NPC/IFBB. The PDI at first looked to be a good deal for me! But Vince and then Vinny dropping out and the Lee problems changed my outlook of it. I really wanted to compete against some of those top guys before I hung it up! But now there is no one else left! And with me being at less then 100% why do it! All i'll get is bannned by the NPC and with the Pdi on such thin ice what would a PDI Victory even mean? The NPC brings with it a great deal of history and respect! Even if you dont make it to the pro's, to be a top NPC guy carrys with it a lot of resect and is something to be proud of. All I want is that when the day comes that i leave this sport I want to respect and be proud of what i have done! And I truly beleive that it is with the NPC! I am very content and relived that I have decided to stay with the NPC. I was very uneasy and troubled every day when I was still going to do the NOC and now those feels have gone. I fell victim to some fast talking and big promises.