Author Topic: Marriage Proposal ideas....serious answers only :)  (Read 25011 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Marriage Proposal ideas....serious answers only :)
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2006, 11:30:59 AM »

stella, how about your proposal story? your skipping story was pretty cool . . . so what happened next?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2006, 11:43:28 AM »
Good one

I'd drop the camcorder idea, make it between you two. Also be cool if you made it a picnic, then while walking for a spot you go to the bottle and later you already have the drinks or whatever, or vice versa

haha just imagined what if the bottle got picked up and found by someone and then the next day your walking all over the place looking for it,, make sure that thing is put somewhere safe

I know. I thought about someone trying to snag the bottle or someone placing it in the trash. Thats why I want my best friend there hidding in the bushes just to make sure that does not happen. I find a nice spot that seems pretty secluded so will see.
I like Stella's idea two about the 12 friends or family members each holding a white rose and mine is red. Simple, yet effective.
PB

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2006, 11:48:43 AM »
I know. I thought about someone trying to snag the bottle or someone placing it in the trash. Thats why I want my best friend there hidding in the bushes just to make sure that does not happen. I find a nice spot that seems pretty secluded so will see.
I like Stella's idea two about the 12 friends or family members each holding a white rose and mine is red. Simple, yet effective.
PB
Ummm actually it was my idea.  ;)
:D Weee

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2006, 11:56:36 AM »
remember a first date, yet forget who typed something ealrier in the day... ::)

;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2006, 12:38:19 PM »
Ummm actually it was my idea.  ;)
Your right about that. Sorry Cheri. Must have been the bottle of Merlot I knocked off at lunch.  ;D

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

stella, how about your proposal story? your skipping story was pretty cool . . . so what happened next?

stella, how bad could it be? i'm sure it's a great story . . .

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2006, 03:29:27 PM »
It's just dumb...there really was no proposal really....just terrible......

But he made up for it by taking me first class to Hawaii to get married on the beach on the 4th of July at sunset :D

what was my skipping story?

the one in which you skipped on your way into the restaurant before you told "fred"  (you might have used a different alias) you loved him.

How did you know there was a proposal if there was no proposal? ???

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2006, 03:31:06 PM »
the one in which you skipped on your way into the restaurant before you told "fred"  (you might have used a different alias) you loved him.

How did you know there was a proposal if there was no proposal? ???

Oh yeah!!!

Because he gave me the ring....but there really was no asking if I would marry him....  see?  LAME!!! >:(
R

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2006, 03:36:22 PM »
So I would like to know from a certain girl who is to be married in 15 days? 
What her man did for his proposal. 

I feel like hearing a nice little romantic story about now.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2006, 03:36:49 PM »

Because he gave me the ring....but there really was no asking if I would marry him....  see?  LAME!!! >:(

you guys had already talked quite extensively about marriage right? so what's the point of all the roses and limos and other shenanigans?

A case in point is original sin's post . . . dude comes up w a romantic proposal and gets a "yes," but what's the point? if y'all had already talked about it, why hold it against him?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2006, 03:48:18 PM »
you guys had already talked quite extensively about marriage right? so what's the point of all the roses and limos and other shenanigans?

A case in point is original sin's post . . . dude comes up w a romantic proposal and gets a "yes," but what's the point? if y'all had already talked about it, why hold it against him?

Oh, I don't hold it against him at all!  I'd rather have "no proposal" and him as my husband then a fabulous proposal and him be some creepo. :P
R

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2006, 04:04:52 PM »

Oh, I don't hold it against him at all!  I'd rather have "no proposal" and him as my husband then a fabulous proposal and him be some creepo. :P

did you guys pick the ring together? a friend of mine caught a bunch of sh!t for not "proposing" after his fiancee picked out the ring herself.  he works 18 hour days (surgeon in training), and he picked the ring up one day at lunch and had it in his glove-box when he picked her up for a late dinner. 

he told her that the ring was in the glove-box and she threw a fit and wouldn't go to dinner . . . so he dropped her off and came over to my place and I told him that she was just being unreasonable and we ordered a pizza.  She's actually kinda cool, and so I told him she would come to her senses. and she did.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2006, 04:09:17 PM »
did you guys pick the ring together? a friend of mine caught a bunch of sh!t for not "proposing" after his fiancee picked out the ring herself.  he works 18 hour days (surgeon in training), and he picked the ring up one day at lunch and had it in his glove-box when he picked her up for a late dinner. 

he told her that the ring was in the glove-box and she threw a fit and wouldn't go to dinner . . . so he dropped her off and came over to my place and I told him that she was just being unreasonable and we ordered a pizza.  She's actually kinda cool, and so I told him she would come to her senses. and she did.

No, he picked out and bought the ring himself (a buddy of his was with him).  He did a great job, it's simple but beautiful.  When he finally gave it to me I asked him if it was real.  LOL  Was that rude? ;D
R

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2006, 04:16:03 PM »
When he finally gave it to me I asked him if it was real.  LOL  Was that rude? ;D

nope . . . that's sweet. it's sort of like an "aw, shucks, is that really for me? I can't believe it" reaction. very endearing.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2006, 04:52:11 PM »
No, he picked out and bought the ring himself (a buddy of his was with him).  He did a great job, it's simple but beautiful.  When he finally gave it to me I asked him if it was real.  LOL  Was that rude? ;D
No, not really.  My ex gave me a beautiful ring, simple, pear shape, about 1 1/2 carots I would say.  It was tiffany set but with only 4 prongs (didn't look like it was very secure).  I took it to the jewelers during a re-mounting sale and picked out a nice mounting that 5 prongs and a safety band, anyway the guy took my ring and cleaned it, started looking at it through his loop and then took me aside and said "you know this diamond isn't real right?"  I was mortified, but kept my cool and said "oh yes, I just love this ring and really want it set in that other setting". 
I went home and flipped on my fiance'.  It wasn't the fact that it was fake that had me wound up, it was the fact that he tried to passed it off to me as real.  I should have realized then...it was just the start of the lies yet to come.  >:(

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2006, 05:58:07 PM »
No, not really.  My ex gave me a beautiful ring, simple, pear shape, about 1 1/2 carots I would say.  It was tiffany set but with only 4 prongs (didn't look like it was very secure).  I took it to the jewelers during a re-mounting sale and picked out a nice mounting that 5 prongs and a safety band, anyway the guy took my ring and cleaned it, started looking at it through his loop and then took me aside and said "you know this diamond isn't real right?"  I was mortified, but kept my cool and said "oh yes, I just love this ring and really want it set in that other setting". 
I went home and flipped on my fiance'.  It wasn't the fact that it was fake that had me wound up, it was the fact that he tried to passed it off to me as real.  I should have realized then...it was just the start of the lies yet to come.  >:(

Now that seriously sucks.  Great way to start of a marriage with a freaking lie.   >:(
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2006, 06:02:47 PM »
he tried to passed it off to me as real

dillweed move >:(

R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2006, 06:49:59 PM »
Now that seriously sucks.  Great way to start of a marriage with a freaking lie.   >:(
Yup, I should have learned the lesson right there, but noooooooooooooo.  lol

as STella said.... dilweed move  >:(

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2006, 06:56:43 PM »

as STella said.... dilweed move  >:(

I would say Jagoff move, but Judi gets touchy

lol
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2006, 06:57:41 PM »
I would say Jagoff move, but Judi gets touchy

lol
You can say Jack-off though  ;) ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2006, 08:03:37 PM »
You can say Jack-off though  ;) ;D

But that might bruise my "sweet STella ruse" I have going here on getbig
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2006, 08:04:36 PM »
But that might bruise my "sweet STella ruse" I have going here on getbig
oh   :-\    we don't wanna do that.   :D