Author Topic: Is John Cena the new Arnold?  (Read 5217 times)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Is John Cena the new Arnold?
« on: September 14, 2006, 08:45:05 PM »
I would've said "the new Rock" acting wise, but the Rock's no Arnold.

If John Cena stays big and plays meatheads (provided his new/first movie "the Marine" doesn't bomb)  he could be "it".

Hollywood lacks an Arnold type in movies now.  Of course, some will say there will never be another arnold (and i agree), but we need a meathead in movies.
Deep Tissue Massage

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Is John Cena the new Arnold?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 08:49:54 PM »
i doubt it, even though i'm a Cena fan. The Marine just doesn't look like a great movie. i hope i'm wrong tho and end up eating my words.

Stavios

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 08:55:04 PM »
Dwayne Johnson is the shit

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 09:07:41 PM »
The Rock was hilarious in The Rundown. That scene in the bar at the beginning with not only Arnold, but that fight with the football players was great. However, the best part in my opinion was having Christopher Walken as the bad guy. He is nuts and funny as hell.

Stavios

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 09:13:29 PM »
I really liked "Walking Tall" even if it was really short. Like an hour and 15 minutes

When the movie finished I just wanted to beat on somebody with a baseball bat  ;D

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 09:16:31 PM »
Look Cena is a actor and always will be....He had talent for the bodybuilding ring and i will admit that...I kinda wish he had, but he went in wrestling that made him much more than bodybuilding would have ever made him....
Watching The Haters

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 10:43:09 PM »

If John Cena stays big and plays meatheads (provided his new/first movie "the Marine" doesn't bomb)  he could be "it".

Hollywood lacks an Arnold type in movies now.  Of course, some will say there will never be another arnold (and i agree), but we need a meathead in movies.

The Marine will bomb. Trust me.

It looks like a turd.

WWE needs to get their shit together. Stick to wrestling, not making b movies and shitty records.

Shit, right now even their wrestling sucks and has for about 5 years, so how the fuck are they going to "branch out" if they can't even get their bread and butter right?
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 10:43:58 PM »
I really liked "Walking Tall" even if it was really short. Like an hour and 15 minutes

When the movie finished I just wanted to beat on somebody with a baseball bat  ;D

Yeah, what the fuck was up with that. Like the shortest fucking full feature movie ever.......
HAHA, RON.....

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 10:45:58 PM »
Yeah, what the f**k was up with that. Like the shortest fucking full feature movie ever.......

Hoping for a new action star that flopped just like it should have......
Watching The Haters

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 10:48:20 PM »
Hoping for a new action star that flopped just like it should have......

Actually, The Rock has that "it" factor. He has a great personality and good looks.

The problem is, those shitty scripts he takes on.

Last I heard, he was gonna do some Genie movie, much like Shaq's shit-fest kazzzaam........... :-X

I shit you not.
HAHA, RON.....

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 10:48:44 PM »
The Marine will bomb. Trust me.

It looks like a turd.

WWE needs to get their shit together. Stick to wrestling, not making b movies and shitty records.

Shit, right now even their wrestling sucks and has for about 5 years, so how the f**k are they going to "branch out" if they can't even get their bread and butter right?

yes well even if it does, their is no doubt that out of all the WWE past and present, Cena without a doubt has some talent...I believe that he will transition well into mainstream hollywood...The problem with the Rock is his height...He is just to tall for alot of roles...Cena on the other hand could play alot of different roles...

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 10:51:52 PM »
yes well even if it does, their is no doubt that out of all the WWE past and present, Cena without a doubt has some talent...I believe that he will transition well into mainstream hollywood...The problem with the Rock is his height...He is just to tall for alot of roles...Cena on the other hand could play alot of different roles...

Hey, nothing against Cena.....he's got a good look.

I just think that The Rock has a better appeal. Then again, who knows?
HAHA, RON.....

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 10:53:14 PM »
It's Hollywood baby!!! Whoever has the best agent survives...!!!!
Watching The Haters

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 10:55:33 PM »
It's Hollywood baby!!! Whoever has the best agent survives...!!!!

LOL!

No shit.
HAHA, RON.....

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 10:59:59 PM »
Its the truth in LA, why do you think I stick to the gulf coast even though many of my clients have wanted me to move to Cali.....?????
Watching The Haters

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 12:40:26 AM »
I hope John Cena does well - he does have a good look for the movies. Not sure about this Marine thing though but then Arnold started out the same way in acting. You can't go from being a rookie actor to being an A-list action tough-guy overnight.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 12:59:57 AM »
I hope John Cena does well - he does have a good look for the movies. Not sure about this Marine thing though but then Arnold started out the same way in acting. You can't go from being a rookie actor to being an A-list action tough-guy overnight.

Actually that is exactly what the Rock did.  He set an all-time record and in fact is listed in the Guiness Book as being the highest paid 1st time lead actor in history.  His role in the Scorpian King got him $5 million.  The Rock has natural appeal.  John Cena also has that appeal.  He can be funny.  The movie itslef probably won't do all that well but depending on what opens that weekend it could be #1.  It is a fairly low budget movie so it will definitely make a profit.  WHat the WWE is doing great is they are giving their athletes other ways to make money outside of wrestling.  That is brilliant.  Too bad the IFBB doens't care enough about their members to do that.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 01:02:09 AM »
Actually that is exactly what the Rock did.  He set an all-time record and in fact is listed in the Guiness Book as being the highest paid 1st time lead actor in history.  His role in the Scorpian King got him $5 million.  The Rock has natural appeal.  John Cena also has that appeal.  He can be funny.  The movie itslef probably won't do all that well but depending on what opens that weekend it could be #1.  It is a fairly low budget movie so it will definitely make a profit.  WHat the WWE is doing great is they are giving their athletes other ways to make money outside of wrestling.  That is brilliant.  Too bad the IFBB doens't care enough about their members to do that.

IFBB=Monopoly Controlled
Watching The Haters

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 01:35:39 AM »

I agree with WWE giving their "stars" other opportunities.....i just wish it wasn't at the expense of their in ring product (their bread and butter)......

I've personally gone from buying their monthly ppv's, to buying one a year, and technically, it's not really one of their homegrown brands (ECW).

I also used to attend their shows, now, you couldn't comp me tickets and expect me to show up.

But you are right Keith, the IFBB doesn't give a shit about their competitors. It's as plain as day..........too bad the other bbers are too dumb to realize it, so they fight for whatever scraps fall off the IFBB's table........:-\
HAHA, RON.....

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 02:44:51 AM »
Wow, didn't know that. Not bad going for the Rock there then. I remember as well in his movie "Welcome to the Jungle" when Arnie had a cameo at the beginning and wished him good luck, it was almost like he was handing over the reins to the Rock as the next Hollywood action hero. Sweet.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 02:54:07 AM »
Wasn't John Cena on that reality show on UPN, where the people were the prey, and were hunted? I liked the concept it was funny as hell, using guns and bombs to hunt people. There was this guy on there, that I thought was Cena, he siad, "Welcome to Loserville, Population:You."

This was before the WWE picked him up.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 03:29:38 AM »
Hollywood lacks an arnold type in movies because Hollywood lacks arnold type movies. The 80's are gone.
Z

Slick Vic

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 04:54:44 AM »
Dwayne Johnson is the shit

He's the only one who made a good transition from wrestler to actor.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 05:07:33 AM »

Absolutely not. That would be like comparing Diamonds to horse manore.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 05:13:45 AM »
Absolutely not. That would be like comparing Diamonds to horse manore.

no, horse manore is more usefull the John Cena
Here comes the money shot